Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
51 - 60
DISPLAYED
(1404) Who's Your Priscus Court

Page 6 of 11 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last

Katsuro Tomori

"I will wait till an appropriate time to say my piece, not to worry Miss Hazelton. he gave her his warmest smile.

It seemed the Madame Notary didn't view him as someone with authority in regards to his new position...certainly his title of Priscus didn't affect the Prince by any means, but managing the rest of the Lords was now his job, and it wasn't just his job, but now his Pride was at stake here, and Galloway simply could not abide that in his first Court as Priscus.

August then followed the Reeve as intended, and listened as they discussed the matter of the faux blade. A stern look accompanied the usual easy going demeanor of the Southerner when his eyes fell to Roderick though his face softens and tone was somewhat jovial and easy going as he began to speak. "Reeve Connery? Pardon my interruption, I had hoped to introduce myself in far better circumstances than this. I am August Galloway, Priscus of Clan Ventrue." he paused for a moment, inhaling and thinking carefully on his next words.

"This is a court meant to honor family, is it not? I see it a fitting way to do just that, honorable even...And honestly, while something like that could possibly be used as a weapon, my dear Mr. Pearson here was thoughtful enough to remove the blade. At most with that trifling little stick he could get himself killed, but I doubt he could visit any true wounds before you and your very skilled men here would bring him down with all due prejudice. I assure you he meant no harm, and only brought it in the spirit of todays court as a symbol of Family solidarity, foolish though it may have been to not have cleared it with you first or seeking my council on the matter. Now it is your right to do as you see fit but I assure you on my honor if you leave it to me the matter will be settled in full at a more opportune time, we should be enjoying the evening, not causing a scene worrying about twigs." August gave Dillon his best smile and the Ventrues accent was in full swing, trying to sound non-threatening and polite as possible toward the Reeve while making his displeasure at the situation fully understood in an agreeable fashion.

Trying to salvage the situation
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-03-31 17:58:46 August Galloway rolls 11 to Pres+Pers+SL+BN (10 Again) 8, 1, 4, 7, 9, 9, 9, 10, 2, 9, 5, 2 6 successes
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

2. Likes Matamune, West liked this post
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

"Madame Hazelton." Jennifer corrected.
    "A Miss is an unreleased paige who has yet to go through Manumission." Jaqen
    Jennifer simply nodded as Mr. Galloway stepped up for his clan mate. She could see that he was determined to wade in there. So be it. A touch of irritation colored her face as she observed.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

4. Likes Wod.Infant, Jaqen, Wolven Pryde, West liked this post

Emma French

PRE

Emma slips into court very late. She braces herself as her beast tries to break free. Gritting her teeth for a few seconds she fights for control before scanning the room. She quickly spots Dillon and walks confidently towards the table of gangrels. The whole way over she hopes she won't be called out. Once at the table she quietly slips into a seat giving a nod and look of appology towards Dillon. Shit she hates being late for things.

Anabella Prieto, Asa Clarke, Martha Villiers, and Velma Star continue here...

Arnold Culler and Troy McPherson continue here...

Trying to salvage the situation
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-03-31 17:58:46 August Galloway rolls 11 to Pres+Pers+SL+BN (10 Again) 8, 1, 4, 7, 9, 9, 9, 10, 2, 9, 5, 2 6 successes
    August ( @Jaqen ) is attempting to Fast Talk Dillon, as he does not have the time for an Extended Action.

August will Fast Talk with Manipulation + Persuasion
    Domain Status is applicable as a dice bonus
    Bureaucratic Navigator is not applicable
    Striking Looks is applicable
    • A -1 Penalty is applied for facing a stronger Beast
    • A -5 Penalty for Difficulty is applied to the roll for "Exceeding" the limits of his authority (nWoD p.117 ) as this is a Domain matter and not a Clan matter.

Applying this dice pool to the roll already made (and subtracting from the right) gives August 1 Success.

@Dillon Connery will Resist with Composure + Empathy -or- Subterfuge
    Domain Status is applicable as a dice bonus
    • A +1 Bonus is applied for facing a weaker Beast

8. Likes Jaqen liked this post

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

It seems like there isn't a Lord in the house who can resist the urge to interrupt Dillon when he's clearly talking to someone else. First Roderick, when he'd intended to force Dog to speak up. Now this new Priscus, when he'd obviously been talking to Michael and Roderick.

Quite likely, the one Lord here who could find it in himself to wield some manners is the one who has every right to interrupt his Reeve.

For a moment, Dillon entertains the notion of discovering just how lethal Roderick's heirloom sheath is by seeing if he can bury it in August Galloway's heart.

He might, yet.

"Much like Mister Pearson's accidental and impromptu stake, I think the two of you are missing the point."

The Gangrel's voice has dropped a note. Gruff and scratchy. His hand is out, not with a fully extended arm, but lifted calmly and casually from the elbow. The hand is open, and expecting the object to be placed in it directly.

Assuming it is...

"And I have run out of the patience to lecture either of you. I'd suggest the two of you go straight to apologize to Herald Villiers when we're done here; for not taking advantage of the available information she graciously presented you with during your Acknowledgement."

He gives the modestly but expertly crafted handle and sheath a manual scrutiny that, despite the circumstance, is solemnly respectful of the history it is claimed to carry. Of course, it could just be a piece of wood and a young Kindred's spun story. Only the Shadow's touch could tell him for sure.

After a short, quiet moment, Dillon seems satisfied with the inspection.

"Would either of you like to carry this kaiken with you tonight?"

Surely that isn't some kind of trick question. Maybe he is assuming the noble Priscus might take responsibility for his cousin.

Dillon spends one Vitae to activate Vigor.

6 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-04-01 10:13:36 Dillon Connery rolls 11 to resist fast talk; Composure + Empathy + Status +1 (higher BP) (10 Again) 9, 6, 10, 9, 8, 2, 3, 5, 4, 9, 6, 8 6 successes
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Katsuro Tomori

If August hadn't had the political training he had the rebuke the Reeve gave, to both himself and Rodderick, it would've left his jaw on the ground. Luckily, the Ventrue seemed to recover well from the verbal jab to the face, he didn't miss a beat, he spoke in a conversationally quiet tone, perhaps out of respect for the rebuke...though perhaps the clever politician was just making sure the conversation was kept in this relatively small circle of gathered kindred.

"I fear you've mistaken my attempt to keep at bay the constant gawkery that the cacophony has spoken of so often when court is mentioned for a challenge to your authority on the matter. You have my sincere apologies for the misunderstanding. As I said, it's your right to do what you will here. I was simply attempting something more subtle than yelling across court to add to the list of entertainment these events are becoming known for. I shouldn't have interrupted." Mr. Galloway gave a low bow to the Gangrel Priscus, and though he had a smile on his face when he returned from peering at the floor, he was certainly displeased.

Assuming the sheath is placed in Dillons hand and the question of taking the non-blade is asked...

Forget the kaiken, the daggers were clearly in Augusts eyes as he looks to Roderick when he addresses the Reeves question as to taking the cause of the dispute.

"I have no need of twigs brought thoughtlessly into court, Mr. Connery. Mr. Pearson, we'll schedule a meeting together with Miss Herald Villiers rather than pulling her away from the festivities currently on going, I think a more thorough understanding of etiquette may help you in the future, and possibly me seeing as I've made this silly faux pas here in your defense though you're welcome to apologize earlier if you wish." and with another low bow to the Reeve he decided to return to more pleasant matters, assuming no one addressed him further.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

11. Likes , West, Matamune, Wolven Pryde liked this post
    M

Roderick placed the Kaiken gently into Dillion's hand, watching carefully how the Reeve handles the object. When he sees that Dillion payed the object respect, he was satisfied. For now, he was content with the events going back and forth. A simple mistake, though why it became a problem now and not before.. Roderick shelved that and assumed that up until now, no one payed attention to what he had on his person. All in all, it was looking to be a problem easily brushed over.

Then August kept talking. Roderick's fist tightened as he listened to the insults struck against him. TWIGS? This redneck shit stain thinks he can call my sire's Kaiken a TWIG!? And then the strike to his personal pride, the verbal claim that he needed defending in such a minor situation. Roderick turned his gaze onto August's and returned the dagger gaze with a malicious one of his own. Momentarily contemplating seeing if he can rip August's tongue out of his mouth before Dillion stops him.

"Reeve Dillion," Roderick speaks slowly, having to work around clinched teeth to get the words to come out calmly, "I believe it would be best for you to keep the Kaimen either on yourself or somewhere safe until the end of court." I would hate to dirty her dagger sheath testing if what you say is true. He keeps the last part to himself and instead, reaches into his jacket pocket and pulls out a black cloth from the inside pocket to offer to Dillion as well. "All I ask that you keep it wrapped in this, as respect."

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

During the conversation Michael stays beside Dillon holding his left wrist with his right hand, taking this opportunity to watch, learn and have some fun. For what it's worth (and it's worth a lot) Roderick seems sincere in the sheath being a memento of his Sire that he always carries around. Well, he'll have to stop doing that. Or become Deputy Reeve, at least.

The whole situation seems fairly on its way to profuse apologies and a Boon when August makes his grand smooth entrance. The corners of Ranger's lips twitch just a little bit in a smile as all that smoothness hits the wall of Reeve's composure combined with the situation being completely inappropriate for a Priscus intervention. Hierarchies and status were separate, something a Ventrue Priscus should now.

A Gangrel Reeve schooling a Lord leader. This town knocks clannism right out of you.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

14. Likes Princess, West, Jaqen, Wolven Pryde liked this post
    C
    Casitive

That's right,” David says, both answering and confirming Daniel ( Cryotic )'s question in two softly spoken words...

Mekhet Table Thread Continues Here

Page 6 of 11 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last
Closed Thread