Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Damage Control

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

The instructions of the Silver Ladder for Azure and Ixidor had been simple enough - figure out what in the Fallen World was up with this recent news of mayhem at Consilium.

Oh, for fuck's sake.

So there they are, sitting in a snazzy little restaurant with a large table set aside for the movers and shakers to meet discreetly in the back of the restaurant. It was a low lit, classy sort of place with local fare and a trendy, rotating menu. The lounge music filled the warm establishment with an atmosphere Azure sincerely hoped would be productive, and she she give Ixidor a hopeful smile as she waited for their guests to arrive. Eight chairs are set aside for such an occasion.

The following received text messages to come and discuss recent happenings: Ariadne Animus Kite DaveJ Kiko kimura - All are invited to bring a guest or send someone in their stead if needed.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne enters the restaurant and takes a look around. I need to get out more or maybe just visit less coffee shops. She smiles at her own bad joke and looks again for familiar faces. A familiar face catches her attention and the Epopt walks over to Ixidor and another mage who might be familiar?

"Good to see you again Ix"
    Ariadne says to the rocker. She looks to the unfamiliar mage. "I'm sorry, I can't recall if we have met before." The Epopt clearly isn't happy with that.

k
    kimura

The young woman known to a select few as Nami, and to those that mattered Kiko, entered the restaurant dressed in a nice but simple outfit. Her long hair pulled back in a very simple ponytail tied off with her seemingly usual green ribbon and resting on the edge of her nose was a pair of wire rimmed reading glasses.

Glasses? For a Shaman this should be an obvious question but this was Kiko after all, she was far from anything 'normal' even when it came to the Wise.

Her expression was, as with everything about her, worn on her sleeve as a mix of both hope and worry. Like she ever done or understood the concept of average or median in anything she done. Her lips moving to some unheard song her soul had decided to bring to the forefront as she looked around wondering what may, or may not, happen in the near future as she grasped her pendant caressing it feeling the familiar love of her parents coarse through her body bringing a hint of calm to the ever chaotic emotional young woman.

Noticing Azure she steeled herself mentally a moment before that seemingly ever present smile of hers recovered and forced itself out into the open once more as she arrived and looked at the current gathered she spoke softly as if something about her changed. Yet was that change for better or worse?

"Konbanwa Mina-san, I hope the evening finds you all safe and well"

since I'm under the impression it was a bit later in the evening please consider it an appropriate 'time of day' starter from her in her native Japanese

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo makes his way into the restaurant wearing his usual black shirt, boots, and hoody and blue jeans. He was still upset over losing his friend, who also happened to be the head of the Arrow, and it was showing slightly in his sullen expression. It didn't help that they texted wolfboy instead of the last functioning Arrow for this bit. He was even Vae's only cabalmate for almost a year, yet they texted Animus. Apparently his condition wasn't public knowledge, nor were Leo's attempts to contribute to the Concilium at large.

With a deep breathe Leo made his way over to the table. Thankfully he knew almost everyone, and the only one he didn't was a friend of Vae's. Or at least someone who helped her deal with Cue Ball McCasthappy.

"Hello." Leo said with a half smile to everyone. "I'm here on Animus's behalf." He shrugs and takes a seat before looking back to Ixidor and Azure. "Welcome back by the way."

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Ixidor sits beside Azure, his attire no more formal than a t-shirt and faded jeans. But as usual, even that ensemble seems to have carried as much preparation as most do when they don a three piece suit.

His raven black hair is teased out just so. All manner of silver and leather trinkets adorn his wrists and fingers. Beneath a long bandana tied around his neck, there is an equal assortment of curiosities. The only thing that stands out among them is a golden key, and a rosary. Two small, silver wings hang from his earlobes.

Of course, the willworker's flesh is covered with so many tattoos that the eyeliner and shadow he wears seems positively discrete. Quite like how it's the last thing one notices on Jack Sparrow.

Yar.

Except for his sly, slightly lazy smile that answers Azure's hopeful one, Ix had been lost in thought. Quietly studying his hands merely as a place to rest his gaze. There is a lot to be done, to get his Order on its feet. He hadn't intended for his absence to cripple Sacramento's Vox, but that it may very well have.

Sounds a bit arrogant to assume that, Doesn't it?

"Well there's a sight for sore eyes!" he blurts in response to Ariadne's more muted greeting. His lazy smile has stretched to a more excited, and amused grin. And Kiko, Kiko he remembers as well, though he's not sure if he'd ever interacted with her directly. Or Leo either, as far as that goes.

The rocker makes a show of leaning in at the demure demeanor of the smaller Mage among them; narrowing his eyes and turning his ear toward her in a gesture of not being able to hear her words. Of course, he heard them just fine. And he's about to tease her about speaking up when the word of Animus hits home.

"Thanks," he says automatically back to the welcome, looking up at Leo almost through his eyebrows. Decorum strikes him here, and Ixidor stands to offer tattooed handshakes all around. "Glad to be back. I like traveling and all, but Sacramento had come to feel like home more than anywhere else.

"Ya'll have a seat. Stay a while. Grab a bite."
    He decides to let Azure decide how to introduce herself to Ariadne, unsure of how the woman liked to play it in public. He for one doesn't care, his True Name being as famous as it is. Though he prefers not to use it in Consilium...

As he sits again, his full weight rests on his shoulder blades against the back of the chair. His ass is scooted forward in the seat only a few inches, so not a complete slouch, but it gives the impression that he's not as tall as he is. But his boots are deep under the table, and anyone who sits near him may have to take care not to accidentally play footsie with him.

For Adrian Isaacs, that could be considered foreplay.
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

6. Likes Cayce, Matamune, Kelreth, Sirith liked this post

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermon trails in shortly after Ariadne being her 'plus one'. In a totally not-weird way. Of course, it wasn't weird. And the fact that the two of them have basically been living together for the last few months wasn't weird too. Or at least that's what he's been telling himself. Some days Ermon contemplated using Mind to make himself temporarily gay. And the fact that Ariadne was pretty hot didn't help. Damn, they needed new Cabal members.

When he heard Ixidor was back in town, the chef was extremely happy. First, he liked the rocker: Ixidor was awesome. And second, this living-in-one-mid-size-place-but-totally-not-a-couple thing could finally be over. So Ermon enters with a wide smile wearing not very expensive but neat jeans and a light shirt. He immediately heads over to the Mages' table waving his hand:

"Hi, everyone!" - he waits until he gets close enough to the table not to disturb the other customers, - "Hi, Azure. Ixidor, I hope you have brought back some cool and completely inappropriate stories from your travels!"

He sits down, nodding to Ariadne and Leo and making himself comfortable. Only then does the Warlock tone down the smile to business-appropriate levels. After that his thoughts turn to thinking about ordering something. And Azure. Last time they didn't get to finish their date properly and now that she's back in town...

It must be spring...
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

8. Likes Wolven Pryde, Samaritan, Kelreth liked this post

The order to Ixidor's chaos, with her perfect silk suit and tame silver cross hanging from her neck, begins with a formally extended handshake for the Guardian Ariadne in sharp contrast with the rockstar's flair. "Call me Azure, or Ash works if prying ears are near. Silver Ladder."

Of course, she has several other people offering her well wishes and arriving in mass to contend with, so she offers handshakes all around before she collectively addresses them with a sincere but succinct, "Thank you all for your well wishes, and for showing up. We have a great deal to discuss, actually. So let's square away drinks or food if anyone's hungry and we'll get to this business I've only heard rumors of when are more Free spirited friends show up."

With little fanfare, Kite walked into the restaurant, his ever-present cane in hand. He spent a bare second orienting himself, spotting the increasing crowd of willkworkers sitting at the table almost immediately, before quickly walking over with a friendly wave.

“Hello everyone… sorry I’m late.” He hastily choose a seat after his sheepish admission, setting down his cane against one of the table legs. “Azure, its good to see you again. Ixidor... you too..." he waved. "Leo, it's good seeing you" he added as he offered an enthusiastic handshake. While his expression was normally tightly controlled, his enthusiasm seemed to fade somewhat upon seeing the Epopt. "Ariadne" he nodded courteously, before turning to Ermon and nodding towards him as well.

"Impulse isn’t far behind me, and should be joining us soon.” he explained as he got settled.

Spells cast at Sanctum (all with a 24 hour duration):
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-03-24 18:47:41 Kite rolls 9 to Casting 'Third Eye' (Wits + Empathy+ Mind + 2(HS) -2(Dur)) (10 Again) 4, 9, 3, 7, 5, 9, 8, 7, 7 3 successes
    2014-03-24 18:47:22 Kite rolls 8 to Casting 'Mental Shield' (Gnosis + Mind + 2(HS) - 2(Dur)) (10 Again) 2, 8, 10, 5, 9, 7, 2, 9, 4 4 successes
    2014-03-24 18:47:00 Kite rolls 8 to Casting 'Organic Resilience' (Gnosis + Life + 2(HS) - 2(Duration)) (10 Again) 5, 6, 9, 9, 3, 4, 2, 2 2 successes

k
    kimura

Moving to sit near Ix and order a small salad and lemon water the young Shaman goes a bit quiet just watching the goings on. Part habit part curiousness. Pulling out a small notepad and her handy dandy favorite .05 lead pencil the young woman started doodling a little glancing at Ix and Ash with a small smile.

Gods I need to get out of this.. whatever it is.. this isn't me damn it..

Manga's Ash and Ix
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-03-25 15:37:49 Kiko rolls 4 to doodling (10 Again) 1, 5, 8, 9 2 successes

After a few moments her suppressed demeanor was slowly coming back as she grinned happy with her simple doodling as she showed it to Ix first, as he was sitting near her.

"No idea why I just did this but.. I hope it's alright.. my mind wanders a lot.."

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne shakes Azure's hand firmly. "Erin if we're around others."

"Evening Kiko, Leo." The red head can't help but grin at Ixidor. "Things got quiet in the wrong way when you were not around." She laughs at Ermon's crack, he has a point.

Taking a seat Ariadne returns Kite's nod after a moment's hesitation. Before Consilium she would have been worried about his return..now things are different.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread