Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

0214 Consilium - In the restroom

THREADID

Miach

PRE

Quickly forgotten by the others who were headed toward the struggle, Miach hustled toward the men's room. He was in control. Yes. In control. Absolutely. He just needed a little bit of extra cool in front of a tough situation. That was all.

The Acanthus was mumbling inaudibly in his closet while fumbling with his box, his needle, and his Glo. Thankfully, he was a doctor, and years of training with a needle were paying off. It quickly found its way in his arm, in his blood, in his mind...

At last he could relax. He was now in tune with the Real World, and the petty squabbles from down here were meaningless. He would easily be able to handle them, now. He peacefully packed his gear, and was washing his hands and face when someone else came in.

Bishop

Presence: ●●● (Professional)

Status (News Media): ●
    Status (Concealed Firearms License): ●●
    Status (P.I.): ●
    Status (Consilium): ●
    Status (Guardian of the Veil): ●

Bishop entered the bathroom and thankfully found the man at the sink. He had worried the last few paces to the door, how best to approach someone who was handling his junk without seeming...well...rude seemed too weak a word. Intrusive gave the right notion.

He straightened himself.
    "Pardon me, if I am straightforward. I am looking for someone named Miach."
    Health: [][][][][][][] | Willpower: ●●●OO | Basic Mana: 6/11 |
    „Spoken.“ | Thought | Done
    War is worse than Hell - in Hell, there are no innocent bystanders...

Miach

PRE

Miach slowly turned his face off the mirror, and toward the man who had come in. He looked... beautiful. He had sparkling colors all around him, which placed him as an Awakened. No surprise, since this was a Consilium... It could... should... be so beautiful. Thankfully, when you looked at it with the True Eyes, it was.

Beauty didn't mean Kind, though, and even though he felt at ease, Miach looked at the newcomer with the slightest hint of wariness.

"That's me, Sir. How may I be of assistance ?" he asked, the vowels slightly slurred.

Bishop

Presence: ●●● (Professional)

Status (News Media): ●
    Status (Concealed Firearms License): ●●
    Status (P.I.): ●
    Status (Consilium): ●
    Status (Guardian of the Veil): ●

"Bishop is my name. A name. I require no assistance, but I was asked...very politely...by a concerned young woman on your whereabouts. And since it would have been considered very rude for a woman of her station to enter the mens room, I went in her stead." For once, he sounded completely serious.
    <Strange. He looks...at ease. Did she lie to me? Then again, he did take off in a hurry...but in all honesty, I would have taken the highway from the bar too.>
    Bishop managed a canted smile, which did not reach his eyes - one blue and one jade green - but he kept his posture relaxed and did not stand between the door and Miach.
    "I want to be honest. The lady promised me some insight into the whole affair that cost an acquaintance of mine his life, so quid pro quo, here I am."
    Health: [][][][][][][] | Willpower: ●●●OO | Basic Mana: 6/11 |
    „Spoken.“ | Thought | Done
    War is worse than Hell - in Hell, there are no innocent bystanders...

Miach

PRE

Miach tilted his head as he listened to the other Awakened. His eye were particularly noticeable, and he watched them as if enraptured. The words went through his ears to his brain, who registered and processed them along a myriad of other sensation, and some time elapsed. After just enough seconds to look like he hadn't heard, or at least wasn't about to reply, the Acanthus opened his mouth.

"I see..." he started with. Probably Idun, he thought. Vae was right out of the question, of course. Kiko sounded like another possibility, too. Whoever it was, the feeling of being looked after was too nice to pass, and he savoured it. More time passed by in silence. "Who may that be, I wonder ?", he asked idly at last.

More time passed after this , and the man – Bishop – last sentenced made his way through Miach's skull at last “I am sorry for your loss.” he said with a contrite voice. It was probably out of place of feeling comfort when someone had died. And The Question had died. “I must say an acquaintance of mine did too, as you may have heard... so I do really feel sorry for you.” he said again, his feelings getting down quickly. Thankfully, his sensations were still great, and so he didn't crumble.

Closed Thread