Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(After Market) Heated Debriefing

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    M

Roderick nodded as Martha reassured him. The entire event only served to teach him that things are rarely ever what they seam. He instead focused on what items he remembered seeing at the market. Prompting him to cross his arms as he thought back on it, "There were two sellers there, a man and a woman. Seemed to be kine from all appearances. One had a sickle that was in no way useable as a weapon, the handle was covered in what looked to be thorns. She also had two books, one looked to be an old family album and the other a notebook about the Mysteries of Sacramento. The latter I was actually a bit worried would be a Masquerade problem but I saw nothing of the sort when I flipped though it. Aside from that, as I said before, she had mostly plants there. Odd things, nothing you would see in someone's front yard garden but still just plants." He waved his hand as if to send the thought away to be disposed of.

Taking a reflexive sigh, he thought on to the second trunk. "The guy.. he had a knuckle duster that had a blade attached to it and a bunch of Tupperware containers full of some fowl looking stuff. Like I said, junk." After a moment, he smirked and returned his palms to his thighs, "But I'm sure when those two get in contact with you, they will be talking about it like they found Hoffa's body."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha fidgets and shuffles. She can barely contain her excitement. "This...this is astonishing! Such wonders!" she squeaks.

"I...I wonder what else was for sale there! This is remarkable!" blinking excitedly, she has her full attentions on Roderick.

"Will the market be held again?"

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

M

To say that Roderick felt like he was in a pickle was an understatement. It had been a while since he last saw Martha's excited side. It was cute at first, the way she inquired so earnestly. But like a child constantly asking 'why', eventually he and his cohorts at the Stand Down camp always found themselves running out of answers. And feeling guilty for it. It lead to many group trips to the library or other places to find the answer for next time.

"U-uh.. it's.. hard to say," Roderick stammered out, rubbing the back of his head and looking away from Martha's smiling face. "These black market things are.. kinda random. Helps keep them free from any cops showing up, you know? I just sorta.. was in the right place at the right time and.. Well, when I spoke to Dirge I uh.." It was at this point that the guilt hit him full force. He felt like he was telling a child that their pet had died. Well, might as well treat it the same as a band-aid, "I uh.. didn't take time to ask if they would be open again and where."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Roderick's words were, indeed, a bitter blow.

Disappointment and dismay are written in her eyes and glum pout.

Tiny Martha hangs her head and struggled of ways to access all the wonders and marvels Roderick's mentioned.

"I...I understand, sir..." she meekly whispers.

Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

M

Roderick ran both hands though his hair as Martha laid it on more and more. He wasn't sure what he was more worried about, someone walking in and seeing her in such a state with him sitting right there, knowing that her confidence in him would forever be destroyed or having to see her and be reminded himself of his shortcomings. It was then he had a flash of inspiration.

"Call Teo!" He cleared his throat after proclaiming that and spoke in a calmer tone, "Call Mr Racula. I'm sure he would still be there and could ask the sellers if they have plans for their next meeting!" He smiled, hopeful that this would be enough to brighten Martha back up.

Martha Villiers

PRE

OOC: Apologies for letting this one slip

Martha brightens up! Her excitement palpable. Roderick's solution to their problem is an elegant one.

She claps her hands in glee;
    "I shall do exactly that, sir! Thank you!"

"If I maybe excused...?" she asks, all wide eyed and begins to hunt for her telephone. It's within reach and soon enough she's drafting a text message to Teo...it reads thus:

'Sir, I understand that there is a most remarkable trading fair. Might you be able to inquire of the vendors as to the location and date of the next such event, please? Yours, M'

Yumyumcrow
    @
    Teodor Raluca

7. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    M

Roderick finally relaxed as Martha's mood improved. With any luck, Teo would have gotten the info she requested and he can leave with her in a completely positive mood. Though this could have mostly been avoided if he had been more apt at the double language that the life requires. He would have to find someone skilled in it to learn from. For now, he waited to see what the result of the text is.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread