Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Finding God in the Dark

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

"That was indeed my own impression as well. But how do you intend to act upon such ideals?" Minnie inquires, the slow drawl of deliberate and erudite speech emitted just loud enough for those closest to her to clearly hear her words.

"I had already acquired a copy, but I would be curious to see if there were any discrepancies?" she adds to the final question, withdrawing a copy of the text from under her coat.

M

Albert was satisfied that he would be getting the texts. Assisting this community with it's local projects could come after he made sure it wasn't a cult like what he had encountered before.

For now, he sat back and watched Chang, curious of where her line of questioning would lead her.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"We must be examples to our... Kindred," the Sister replied. "But first we must be what we were meant to be: the wolves that shepherd the flock. The city teems with kine and groans with the weight of their iniquities. Now they deem fit to claim the night as theirs with their new fangled gas-light and the hideous electric light. As if they have a right to turn night into day! I suggest we start by making the night ours once again. Evil doers still go by night, and so they fall under our remit. Start by punishing them; punish those whom the herd's constabulary won't or can't touch. Discipline them once more."

"I believe the good Sister, our priest, wishes us to feast on the wicked. This is a good start. Might I also suggest we start to consider territory as well." With a polite cough, the Deacon Don Matteo adds his voice. His face, illuminated by candlelight, is cast like a baroque painting, looming from the darkness. "The Board is no longer able to see everything; to be everywhere. As the city grows, so its shadows spread just as much as they grow deeper and darker. Learn the city anew. Learn what it fears and what it loves. Lay claim to the places that the Board has neglected for so long..."

"Or the places it has failed to take in hand." Sister Mercedes took back the conversation. "As for looking for discrepancies? I have heard of no such thing! However, should you wish to ease your doubts, I can happily supply a second copy for your devotions."

M

Albert held back a chuckle the Sister's disdain for modern lighting. Still, the overall message rang true and spurred him to speak. "I can attest from experience about the effect of complacency." He stood from his seat and continued on, "When I was mortal, the Church was just starting to set root in Europe and push back against the Pagans there. I watched them raise to be pillars of their communities. Places where Good and Just prevailed, if still subjected to the shortcomings of man. I learned in their institutions, I prayed with the highest and lowest of their community. I saw it come so close to perfection." His voice that had rose as he spoke to great significance suddenly faded as he went on. "I saw it fall just as fast. Allowing its power to be stripped away like water upon a stone. Everyone within believing themselves to be untouchable. Now the Church has become almost an afterthought in the minds of some."

He is quiet for a moment before making his point, "This organization, if it is to do the work of God, can not suffer the same fate!" He punctuated his short speech with a sharp strike of the butt of his cane upon the ground.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

BUMP-O-MATIC Activation! Was there anything further people wised to do with this introductory thread?

"I had already begun to offer instruction in proper behavior in the Chinatown and Barbary districts, actually," Minnie replies with a rare moment of bluntness, before raising an eyebrow towards Albert. And the historian in her could not help but inquire, "And if I may, to which Pagans do you refer?"

It was only slightly subtler to the intellectual mind than, tell me how long ago you were murdered.

M

Albert opened his mouth, eager to speak about his past experiences.. only to find that nothing came from his mind to send out of his mouth. He closed his mouth as he donned a confused expression, bringing a hand up after a moment to stroke his beard as he thought hard on the question. It would be easy to see that the gears were trying to turn but nothing was coming out.

Finally, he gave up on trying to drag the memories out, opting instead to scratch the side of his head with the head of his cane as he admits with disappointment, "I seem to have.. forgotten. A shame, I know it was a critical point in my life but I can't seem to dig up the facts. I know that they were not of a singular cult. More of a conglomerate." He looks up at the Moon as he forced his mind back to think, his hand turning his cane so that the head moved in a circle. "And something about.. birds?"

"Fair enough," she replies to Albert, before turning back to Sister Mercedes.

"May we proceed?"

We are ready I think

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Fade to Black. The Sanctified have grown in number. Plots are made. Schemes are hatched...

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread