Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Skeleton Keys) What's in the booooox!?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

She studies the instrument again and, after a frustrated sigh, explains; "Hmm... if these holes are indeed locks designed for small keys, attempting to make an accurate cast of them might cause irreversible damage."

Pouting, she adds;
    "Perhaps we might be able to employ some form of laser scanner? The sort of device they use for motion capture in Hollywood or medical devices to perform scans. I understand that there are highly accurate laser survey instruments available."

Martha smiled when indulging her secret delight at using the word 'laser'.

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

2. Likes Wolven Pryde, Matamune liked this post

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

While Aοleen wasn't familiar with the device described by the Grand Wyrm, her interest in technology and the scanner used in the Library had lead to read a bit about such devices. She thouhgt she migt be able to make one work, should they be able to procure one.

"I can inquire about such devices if you'd like, Grand Wyrm." she offered meekly, sorry that her idea about the fangs was proving a false lead.

2 successes to know about laser scanner
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-02-22 15:31:26 Aileen rolls 11 to Int 5 + Com 3 + GeoNexus 3 to know about laser scanner (10 Again) 3, 7, 4, 2, 8, 5, 4, 4, 2, 8, 1 2 successes

B
    Beej

As with Dr. Swift's lab excursion, there was little or nothing the monk could add to a discussion about laser based pursuits. So he simply stood, waiting attentively for an opportunity to contribute, looking between Aileen and Martha.

C
    Casitive

Maybe it was the place. Or perhaps, it was the group think that was forming in their small cabal, but David realized he'd heard of the laser scanners Martha mentioned. He wasn't sure where he heard about it, but David reasoned it was probably an article in the Wall Street Journal or a Science magazine.

Computer Knowledge Check, 4 Successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-02-22 19:15:35 David Regan rolls 8 to Int 4 + Comp 1 + Geo Nex 3 (What does David know?) (10 Again) 8, 1, 5, 1, 10, 2, 8, 10, 3, 3 4 successes

“That might be the best way forward with what we know right now,” David offers quietly off of Aileen and Martha's statements.

Dillon Connery
    Ixidor
    Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Potency •••••
    Protean • (Down in Elysium)
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good Looks)
    Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

Gnosis ••
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)
    Striking •• (Eccentric)
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Silver Ladder ••
    Sacramento ••

PRE

Aοleen and David are both well aware of the ability of laser scanners to precisely map small objects...

We need an actual course of action please, we're at almost a week and a half with no post

B
    Beej

There's nothing Teo can add at this point. Its well beyond any knowledge or resources he can bring to bare.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

While the silence that followed was probably not as uneasy to Aοleen as to some others, it wasn't very producive either. She nodded in assent to David's proposal. "I concur. Grand Wyrm, would you like to come with us as we try and operate the scanners to map the keys to this box ?" she offered meekly.

C
    Casitive

Thoughts rushed here and there, even as David nodded in agreement with Aileen's offer of help. Questions bounced around his mind that frustratingly as of yet, have no answers and answers that yet, have no motives. Truly, this whole affair seemed like a Gordian knot.

In his silence, David reasoned that another way forward, was to look backward. “Grand Wyrm, I also think it would be beneficial for, at least myself, to take another look at what we have.” the Mortician quietly ventures, providing more avenues of action.

“I'd like to investigate the 'Elder' as soon as possible and would be glad of any help any might be able to provide. Also, has there ever been an investigation into the provenance of the pieces and the paper-trail up to the museum? Some of the pieces described with the 'Elder,' his sarcophagus in particular, strike me as false.” The question, then, is why go through so much trouble to bring it into Sacramento. A beat, “Also, perhaps this is to sate idle curiosity, but I'd also like to take a look at the Book recovered as well?”

The Mortician wanted to see the forest for the trees.

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Yes!" she enthused, happily nodding to all who spoke, "Why, yes! All these sounds most splendid suggestions! I shall help all I can and follow you in your proposed actions!" she smiled to David and Aileen.

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

B
    Beej

"I would be glad to assist you Supplicant in re-examining the sarcophagus and the elder." Teo chipped in. "We have digital copies of the book as well as pictures from the helmet?" Teo looked to Martha for confirmation. He seemed to remembered the book pictures taken with a digital camera for safe storage in cause of 'accidents.'

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread