Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Skeleton Keys) What's in the booooox!?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Our guest, as you say, may be highly dangerous, sir! Already at least one attempt has been made to steal him from his hiding place! It led to a very scary high speed pursuit across the city!" she gasps.

"You may worry at my suggestion of an aggressive and robust policy towards him...but I doubt another Domain would look too kindly upon having so dangerous an Elder sent to them for safe-keeping. I know if I were Prince I'd look askance at any Domain that jettisoned their threats my way..." she pouted and rubbed harder at her hip. Her tone softened and she added, "...well, your idea of the wax and such-like is sound. If you can reverse engineer accordingly, I'd encourage that. Also, investigate the Elder if you wish, sir...but I urge extreme caution!" she nodded, caringly, to David.

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

C
    Casitive

“I think,” David says quietly, “that because there are those who'd want to desecrate our Guest, gives us more cause to strive to protect him.” Dipping his head low the Mortician breathed deeply. Not something he needed to do, but it spaced out his thoughts and was a movement he could concentrate on. Worry was perhaps too light a word for the horrified feeling David had.

“The Elder is at his most vulnerable now, like we will be one day” David adds, his misgivings out there. His posture, however, suggested that come what may, he wouldn't obstruct it. But, the Libitinarius held a grave concern for the safety of the Torpid within the Domain. It seemed the cause was clear: figure out how to stop the people behind this whole affair or see an Elder die through no fault of his own.

David inclined his head towards Martha in acceptance and then glancing around the room towards Teodor, “Is there a chance we might have the materials necessary to start the casting process?”

Teodor Raluca

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha pouts and frowns and makes a silent point to remember to take David aside shortly and explain some key facts.

She wasn't in the habit of rebuking well-meaning Kindred in front of his peers. That didn't sound like solid leadership to her...not on this occasion anyway. Meanwhile, she looked to Teo and the others to see if they had some ideas to help...

Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

The casting idea was definitly a sound one according to Aοleen, and the young Mekhet rose and walked to David, ready to help in any way she could. She had reservations about the Grand Wyrm's behaviour toward the Elder - the Blood thins in Torpor, after all - but didn't feel appropriate to voice them, and instead humbly waited. The Mortician's steadfastness impressed her most favorably, though.

Dillon Connery
    Ixidor
    Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Potency •••••
    Protean • (Down in Elysium)
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good Looks)
    Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

Gnosis ••
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)
    Striking •• (Eccentric)
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Silver Ladder ••
    Sacramento ••

PRE

If anyone here has dots in Larceny, and only if, give me an Intelligence or Wits + Larceny roll. Don't roll if you're untrained.

C
    Casitive

Failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-02-15 14:04:27 David Regan rolls 5 to Wits + Larceny (10 Again) 4, 6, 1, 5, 7 failure

B
    Beej

Teo nodded a little. "I do have access to variety of molding tools and techniques, however they are artistic in nature and I am not sure I could guarantee they would work without damaging the device." Teo explained. It seemed a much more delicate manner than the lost wax method. "Perhaps we could investigate the elder and his casket? It could provide some additional clue before we resort to..trial and error on which fangs could possibly be keys?" However the pliers in his hand suggest he's ready to jump straight to the pulling of fangs.

Dillon Connery
    Ixidor
    Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

Gnosis ••
    Striking •• (Eccentric)
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Silver Ladder ••
    Sacramento ••

PRE

It's time for the MVP

(Martha Villiers, Please)
    Chrisie

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha, still with sleeves rolled up and with a determined air of concentration about her, takes her turn with the instruments.

And...well...hopefully something begins to make sense...

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-02-18 11:14:25 Martha Villiers rolls 6 to Box things! (Int+Larceny) = 6 (10 Again) 10, 10, 4, 10, 3, 2, 8, 9, 10, 4 6 successes
    Wolven Pryde

Dillon Connery
    Ixidor
    Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

Gnosis ••
    Striking •• (Eccentric)
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Silver Ladder ••
    Sacramento ••

PRE

OOC

It occurs to Martha that, if these holes are indeed locks meant to be manipulated by small keys, attempting to cast them will only - in the best case scenario with a semi-solid agent - reveal to them the shape of several extended pins. Fairly useless information.

Worst case scenario is if a material that hardens (like a two part epoxy) is used. As it may ruin the entire intricate mechanism.

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread