Matteo Guarnaschelli

Presence 3 (Artsy)
    Blood Potency 1

Mortal Status:
    Culture 1 (Musician)

Vampire Status:
    Invictus 2
    Nosferatu 1

Sacramento... Shadow thinks to herself as she makes her way into the downtown area. About what I expected. The fox spirit curled around her shoulders stirs, letting out a little yawn as it looks about. "Are we here yet?"

"Mmhmm." Shadow finds a convenient bench to sit on, sliding the backpack off of her back and onto the bench. She pulls out a map of Sacramento and starts looking over it. "Now...where do I check in to make sure I don't get shot on sight..."

Even a bookish couch potato like Jordan felt the longing for open skies and non-recycled air from time to time. So the young mystagogue changed into jogging clothes to drive to Capitol Park to confer, converse and otherwise hobnob with blue skies and fresh air.

Driving along the street, he realized just what his excursion needed: soda and, perhaps, junk food. Spotting a convenience store, he pulled his dark green T-Bird over to the curb. The only person in sight was a young woman on the bench...curious for downtown. There was usually a press. Shrugging his shoulders, he got out of his car and made for the curb, planning to stalk the elusive corn chip in it's lair.

Q

Matteo Guarnaschelli

Presence 3 (Artsy)
    Blood Potency 1

Mortal Status:
    Culture 1 (Musician)

Vampire Status:
    Invictus 2
    Nosferatu 1

Shadow looks up from her map as Jordan heads to the convenience store. She watches him warily, almost like a predator deciding if the being before them is a fellow predator or prey. She keeps her eyes on him until he reaches the store, then goes back to her map.

Success!! Jordan emerged not too long later with two cans of the staff of life...Diet Vernors...and a large bag of corn chips in a flimsy plastic bag.

As he left the store with his treasure, he saw that the young woman was looking at a map. Politesse above all.

"Pardon me, miss. Can I halp you find somewhere?"

Q

Matteo Guarnaschelli

Presence 3 (Artsy)
    Blood Potency 1

Mortal Status:
    Culture 1 (Musician)

Vampire Status:
    Invictus 2
    Nosferatu 1

Shadow's eyes are back on Jordan as he heads her way. The predatory look fades, but only somewhat. "To be honest, I'm not entirely sure where I'm trying to go." She gives him a good hard look, her green eyes darkening for a moment. "Lookin' for a diamond with an extra point. Know where I might be able to find it?"

2009-10-05 22:51:34
    Shadow rolls 5 to Activating Pulse of the Living World (Life 1) (10 Again)
    8, 3, 10, 3, 1, 3
    2 successes

Jordan notices the sheen of an active spell cover Shadow as her magic takes hold.

As Shadow's Mage Sight kicks in she can see the familiar glow of active magical spells surrounding Jordan.

Well... Jordan raised both eyebrows. That was a horse of a different color. He wasn't worried; his passive defenses were good. Nor did the Sybil show him anything untoward. He really had to do something about that creeping paranoia.

"Everything is possible when you're wide Awake. May I sit down?" he replied with that Zen composure of his. "I'm Jordan; welcome to Sacramento."

Q

Matteo Guarnaschelli

Presence 3 (Artsy)
    Blood Potency 1

Mortal Status:
    Culture 1 (Musician)

Vampire Status:
    Invictus 2
    Nosferatu 1

Shadow motions to the empty side of the bench, scooting her backpack over. "Folks call me Shadow." She adjusts her shoulder, making the Twilight-residing fox spirit arrange itself. "You been in town long?"

He settled.

"Little over a month. I'm new to the territory, too. But to find that gem, I should ask if you have anything to Order."

Jordan smiled. Sometimes the roundabout talk was amusing. Sometimes not.

Q

Matteo Guarnaschelli

Presence 3 (Artsy)
    Blood Potency 1

Mortal Status:
    Culture 1 (Musician)

Vampire Status:
    Invictus 2
    Nosferatu 1

Oh, the tangled webs we weave when we play the riddle game. "Haven't found anything on the menu to my liking. You got a preference?" Shadow gives Jordan a small smile.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread