Ended
Watch

A Meeting with Michael

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

The Herald can be found by way of The Stairs leading away from the eerily quiet and empty mortal nightclub to a subterranean area set aside for Kindred use...

Anyone descending The Stairs will detect the tangy aroma of freshly squeezed lemons wafts up from the sub-space.

Once at the foot of The Stairs a new arrival can see the layout more properly.

http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Avalon_Underground

In the cellar vault beneath the Avalon nightclub the lights are low. The silence is almost tangible.

A calm atmosphere prevails.

Recessed lamps cast a soft glow and the bright and rich scent of freshly made lemonade and squeezed lemons fills the air.

Tiny and sweet looking Martha sits alone on a leather sofa in the Common area of the Court and is quietly and carefully sitting, almost sentinel-like, by a coffee table laden with maps and various official looking folders from Californian State government.

There's a simple coffee table in front of her along with notes, printed out copies of maps of Sacramento and copies of many US newspapers and various academic periodicals.

She emits no Beast.

There she sits, quietly. Wearing a black top hat and tail coat. White tie, white waistcoat vest...her hair dyed raven black and there's a hint of ruby red lipstick...a generous sprinkle of lavender scent...minty toothpaste added to the neat presentation with a crisp white blouse...white gloves...the fishnet revealed the tone of her single muscular leg. It's a leg well suited to a dancer or athlete...her other is a metal C-Leg from high up her left thigh.

[[
    http://nwod.org/wiki/images/4/4e/Mar...11_Zatanna.jpg ]]

Martha knew she had to be attentive to her environment...so she tore her attentions away from being engrossed by her copy of the thick tome, "Film Theory and Criticism"
    by Mast & Cohen, and looked again over to The Stairs which descend into the covert Elysian Field from the nightclub...just in case...
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

As for all official meetings, Michael wears an expensive dark suit tonight. The Gangrel doesn't look particularly happy as he descends the familiar stairs towards Martha's office. As always, nothing betrays the tiny Mekhet's presence, but the doctor is sure that her Beast wants to tear and rend him into pieces.

So, after knocking, he gives her a few seconds to compose herself and only then comes in.

"Good evening, Seneschal Villiers."
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

Martha Villiers

PRE

If her Beast had his destruction in mind, she didn't betray it. Martha greets him with a happy smile, "Doctor Redfill! Goodness, how splendid to see you!" she chirps merrily.

"Please, please do come in...take a seat!" she makes a small hand gesture inviting him to be seated.

"I do hope you are well?" she asks with sincerity, her wide eyes study Michael for signs of illness and check his wellbeing.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

Michael gladly walks in and sits down.

"I was trying to get ahold of Reeve Connery, but he seems to be incredibly busy these nights, so coming to you was the logical solution", - he inhales, - "I have come to report on the results of our Ghoul investigation and to discuss the arrangement I had with Reeve Connery about me attaining some sort of position within the Domain, which would allow me to be of more help. Are you familiar with those topics?"
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha nods meekly. Clearly listening she sets aside whatever papers she was studying and Micheal had her full attention.

"Indeed so, sir...please...brief me in full. please; what is the sitrep?" she asks with care.

Suddenly cautious lest this not be Micheal but a Ghoul adept at Obfuscate. While Micheal speak, as a precaution, she studies his Aura...

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-01-06 00:42:22 Martha Villiers rolls 7 to Aura check Michael (Int+Emp+Auspex-1-5)=7 (10 Again) 4, 9, 3, 1, 5, 5, 9 2 successes

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

OOC

The doctor replies immediately, obviously having prepared the speech beforehand:

"Me and the other Kindred, who are now out of town, I believe, were able to quite easily infiltrate the house where I'd been heldy. It seems that the Ghouls had abandoned the building by that point and the place was unoccupied. Judging by the evidence, they left in a hurry, quickly after my escape: for example, the window I broke out through wasn't repaired or boarded, which is an invitation for robbery in that part of town."

A small pause to get some breath and he continues:

"We have examined the house, but didn't find any traps or the equipment they used to drain Kindred of Vitae", - his face twitches slightly at this part, - "Any notes, computers and such and personal belongings have been removed, so we cannot track them by either mundane and supernatural efforts. To conclude, we do not know where the Rogue Ghouls are right now. It is a possibility they have changed neighbourhoods and became wiser, it's also a possibility that they've already left the city. As a precaution, I'm working on acquiring information sources and friends in the criminal community to maybe become aware of any shadowy dealings that should accompany their activities".

In the end, he smiles:

"That is the full report, Seneschal Villiers".
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha listens and nods. "I understand. Thank you."

She falls quiet and picks up a map of the city. studying it in silence for a while.

Laying the map down she looks to Michael.

"Hmm...I see. I've asked Dr Emma French to assemble a small team of Kindred to carry out a recon on some aspects of this Domain. I'm certain you'd be a welcome addition to that team. Will you be able to contact Dr French and co-ordinate with her?"

She asks quietly. Looking at the map again.

"I'm aware that the Reeve was to award the office of Deputy to you. I shan't wish to trump his awarding. So, until such time as it is in his power and gift to do so, might I award you the office of Ranger? Much like a Deputy, but answerable to myself. Acting much like a Bailiff, but for parkland and open spaces within the Domain. Does this sound suitable and proper, sir? It shan't override your promise with the Reeve. Simply a measure till he is able to attend you personally!"

Martha seems gentle, querying, careful, in her questions.

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

Michael looks the map over too. The city has become farely familiar to him by this point, but there is always something new to find in it.

"Of course. I'd be glad to join Dr. French for the investigation."

He ponders he offer for a few seconds, before smiling and nodding:

"That is completely agreeable. My concern is to become a member of this Domain who can be realied upon, the exact title isn't critical. Thank you, Seneschal Villiers, I will do my best to serve His Majesy in this capacity."
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Splendid!" she chirps. "I have high confidence in you, Ranger Redfill!" a sweet and sincere smile follows, "I shall draw up the necessary Proclamation for you. I am certain you and Dr French will co-ordinate and co-operate. I hold Dr French in very high esteem and respect." she nodded. Letting Michael know that Dr French wasn't a merely expendable minion.

"Can I help in any other way, Ranger?" she asks. Her body language indicating that she's letting Micheal study the map or speak as he wishes.

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

Michael leans over the table and contemplates the map for about ten seconds:

"I guess I will shift my patrolling efforts to parks in order to fit my new duties. I would like to run the routine by you as soon as I come up with one. Also, if any new Kindred will require a few lessons on hunting in the less inhabited parts of town, please send them my way", - he then rises his eyes to Martha and smiles, - "Thank you, Herald Villiers. I will do my best to serve the Domain in this capacity. Unless you wish something else of me, I would like to start working on changing my patrol routes."
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread