Ended
Watch

5 o'clock...or close enough

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    J
    Jaling

After a week finally finished of his secular work, Kal decided to hit a new bar he wanted to try a little early before the week's end crowd showed up and took all the decent seats. It was called the Red Rabbit or something along those lines over on J street. Not conveniently near his home, but it was a good idea to eat around town and spread his face around less people track down his "comfort" zone and where his sanctum lie...Easy...not everyone is after me. No one in this town even knows I exist yet, let alone what I am. This isn't Tac... Shaking the name out of his head and taking a deep breath Kal ordered a double Bushmills and a glass of water while looking through the menu. That was one thing he refused to change, his drink of choice. If someone could track him down by that alone he deserved to be caught.

Azure arrives with a simple beige jacket and her favorite jeans, now that she could squeeze into them again, and took a look at the place she was going to write a review of. She'd called Dash to join her, and hoped he'd show up and keep her company. Coming to the restaurant solo did give her the desire to take certain precautions before she'd gotten out of her car.

Exceptional Success to Supernal Vision and Fortune's Protection
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-08-17 16:28:53 Azure rolls 8 to Fortune's Protection (10 Again) 6, 8, 8, 4, 8, 8, 8, 6 5 successes
    2013-08-17 16:28:17 Azure rolls 7 to Supernal Vision (10 Again) 8, 7, 2, 7, 10, 8, 10, 2, 10, 8 6 successes

Nailing the oft-practiced gestures with nearly perfect intensity, she takes a look around the whole room before telling the Hostess she'd like a table for two.

k
    kimura

The young woman was starving after her day at work as she stopped at the entrance of the Restaurant she'd not tried yet she stretched some and looked around, mostly out of habit and there was no telling what might catch her attention and drag her from good food to go do whatever it was that it might be. Sending Animus a text offering to get dinner with him, one not sushi based for once. She stepped inside..

Dressed in her work clothes as her heels made small click clacks on the floor as she walked in holding her small purse in her hand looking about getting a table for possible two as she smiled at those in the establishment simply because that's who she was after all.

ST note: Sorry lov, you're already in one open scene

J
    Jaling

Rather frustrated that the place didn't serve his favorite whiskey Kal decided to just order the Michael Collins and the Flat Iron, thanking the waitress as she leaves. It wasn't her fault he walked into a southern hick's bar that didn't even have a simple whiskey, she was just doing her job. Knowing it would take a while for his dinner to be made, he pulled his duffel out from under the table and set it on the seat next to him, retrieving his laptop and a flash drive. Since he had to ditch all his hardware back north he had to start from scratch with his hac...intrusion software. Ensuring that the wifi was disabled he plugged the flash drive in and started modifying the Ubuntu client he had.

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-08-19 15:54:36 Kalemleah rolls 8 to Int(4)+Computer(3)+Speciality: Programming(1) (10 Again) 10, 9, 1, 1, 6, 3, 1, 10, 8, 6 4 successes

After some time his food had come and he had to smile at the progress he had made. Locking his laptop and closing the lid he replaced the little notebook and flash drive into the duffel and set about eating. As it got later, more people showed up, the ambient noise got louder as well as the background music and that was when Kal found it appropriate to hold his hand over his mouth. Ensuring that the waitress nor any others were about to approach him, he placed his hand over his mouth and spoke a few High Words before placing the hand to his forehead in order to create the Third Eye.

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-08-19 16:32:46 Kalemleah rolls 5 to cast Third Eye Gnosis(1)+Mind(2)+HS(2) (10 Again) 9, 2, 6, 8, 8 3 successes

Seeing it a success, he took a sip of his drink once more and leaving it up there for a moment, spoke the High Words once more before taking another sip. Placing his glass down Kal rubbed both of his eyes as if tired or stressed while granting himself the ability to read the emotional auras of those around him. It was a long shot, but he might find an interesting nugget or two in a crowded bar.

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-08-19 16:38:13 Kalemleah rolls 5 to cast Aura Perception Gnosis(1)+Mind(2)+HS(2) (10 Again) 8, 3, 5, 5, 3 1 success

The magic barely came to, but it would be enough for tonight.

Azure had just started to taste her Amaretto Sour when an unmistakable flash lit up her extra sense of the evening. And he's sitting at a computer?

Well, if Dash would show up already this would be easier, but if some guy were slinging spells in a crowded restaurant, it was probably best she make sure he was not too frivolous. Making her way over to the bathroom, she attempts to drop a note on his table without allowing him too good of a look at her. She scrawls out her message and leaves it on his table without letting him see her face, if she can manage.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-08-19 18:19:14 Azure rolls 4 to Dex + Sub (10 Again) 3, 6, 9, 6 1 success

The note reads:

Please tell me you are not trying to scrutinize facebook here. Maybe you should blend better.

She really did need to go to the bathroom, though, so she finished up in there with the hopes that, were he hostile, he'd lose his nerve and be gone when she finished up and headed back to her seat.

J
    Jaling

The meal finished and the drink, although not what he was hoping for, did not disappoint in either flavor or kick. Smiling at the waitress as she came by he complimented the meal and asked for another drink before she took the plate away. The evening had turned quite pleasant with a satisfied and full stomach and a little liquid courage in his blood. It was then that he had noticed the note on the table and raised an eyebrow at it. Picking it up and reading the contents a grin creased across his face. Someone finally nibbled. Looking up and about he only saw one other aura in the room and it was a rather cute girl sitting by herself at a table. She was calm but a little suspicious, No help from me I'm sure. Scribbling on the note and folding it up Kal called the waitress over and asked to give the miss another of whatever she was drinking and to hand the folded note to her as well. He had no idea if what he was doing was sly or creepy, but he had seen it in a movie or two and those actors seemed to make it work with the script so there had to be some truth to it, right?

The note reads:
    New in town, just seeing who's here. Care to join me?

This guy is such a moron. And what the fuck, Dash? summarized her thoughts of the evening nicely as Azure kept an eye on the oblivious disregarder of Veils. It took him long enough to notice her, and she felt sufficiently stood up, for her to plow through a veggie appetizer and get started on some shrimp while she worked her way through her Amaretto Sour and moved on to something fruity to compliment the prawns and cilantro.

She shot off additional messages in the meanwhile, wondering still where the hell Dash was, and adding Quincy Cl4re and Vaeltia to the list of inquiries given the unknown idiot. He did not seem hostile, but there was always the possibility of a trap, and she had no interest in setting one off. She did, however, make alcoholic offerings to her nerves, and contemplated how quickly she could get out of the place and around the corner to the parking lot with her car, and other things. One black, shiny thing in particular was on her mind if things went pear shaped.

Should I be drinking and eating so much if there's about to be a chase? Should I be eating and drinking this much in general? God, I hope he's just a newbie.

She did not let her thoughts wander far, however, staying in the moment of sensory sensations to silence excessive internal monologue while she waited. She accepted the note he sent by waitress, and replied with her own, "I know, right?" expression to match the server's. The drink was a rather suspect gesture in this context, so she hesitated before taking a sip.

And now he's making a move out of a bad movie. Good thing I can hold my drinks. Fucker better not think I'm flirting.

After brief deliberation, she points a single slender index finger squarely at the seat across from herself at her own table. There was not a chance in hell she'd walk over to his.

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Striking Looks ●● (Fierce)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Mana: Full
    WP: -2
    Vae
    Adamantine Arrow, ObrimosSentinel

Status (Culture) •
    Status (Emergency Services) • [Officer Gideon]
    ST INFO

PRE

Vaeltia walked into the restaurant, her blond hair loose around her shoulders, and something of a fury behind her. Generally she knew the city, it was hers after all, but a pulse of magic, even in down town sacramento was close enough to potentially pull Banishers and there was no need to have a second shooting.

She noticed Azure ’s signature colors first and the look at another sparkly. She raised an eyebrow to the Ladder before walking to the bar and putting in an order for a Jack and Coke. It wasn’t the normal Biker-chick’s drink, she supposed but the white leather jacket did add to that particular look, as did the white helmet under her arm.
    Speaking {0FAF0B} || Thinking {8340A8}

nimbus

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo had been walking past as the sudden pulse of magic grabbed his attention. He walked in expecting an empty restaurant with a small group in the back corner. The reality of the situation elicited a visible cringe.

He quickly scanned the room for a familiar face. Vae popped out immediately, but he also eventually picked out a woman from the last concilium gathering. She's... her name was...

'Fuck it I'll start with Vae.'

He pulled out his license and covered his name, sliding his hand back into his pocket to avoid suspicion. "I'll have what she's having." He said as he reached the bar, standing next to the First Talon with a slightly concerned look on his face. He showed his license first to Vaeltia, cause he knew he'd have to eventually, then to the bartender. He then slid the license into his pocket, careful not to show the name.

"So I know that wasn't you I felt from the streets. Do you have any idea who it was?" He looked back towards Azure unsure of what to think.

2 suxx Life armor, 3 suxx Prime sight
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-08-21 21:34:39 Leo Lockheart rolls 4 to improvise Supernal Vision (Prime+Gno). (10 Again) 9, 8, 9, 4 3 successes
    2013-08-21 21:33:45 Leo Lockheart rolls 7 to cast Organic Resilience rote (Sta+Ath+Life). (10 Again) 2, 8, 3, 4, 2, 10, 3, 7 2 successes

J
    Jaling

Watching the change of her aura as she receives the note told a little. Mainly that she wasn't happy to receive the note in the first place. Though even if her suspicion hadn't dissipated all that much she still did allow him over to talk which was progress of a sort. Ensuring everything is put away he zips up his duffel and, after thinking a moment, unzips another pocket of it. Then he saw another aura person enter, saw her recognition of the first girl and a slight sinking sensation entered. Crap, she called for backup already? Calm down...she showed concern for the veil so a friend of her's can't be that bad...hopefully. Closing his eyes he calmed himself and focused on his surrounding aura, applying a shroud over himself to dim his aura so that it was nearly invisible, even with the spells active.

Setting his mind to the business at hand Kal stood, grabbed his duffel and slowly walked over to the first woman's table. His face a mask, no playfulness or flirtation present. When the third aura in the room entered he hesitated and slowed in his walk. Ok, one I could have a fair chance with if I got the jump, two I would have a hard time getting away, but THREE? Kal thought about booking it out the door at that moment, but as the man walked by and failed to notice him, he felt a little more at east and continued to the table, deciding to go through with finding out who these people were. The bag on the floor at his side, one pocket open. "Good evening. Feel free to call me Kal. And you are?"

Aura dimmed due to Occultation 3.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.