Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(Bismarck) Private Investigations

Azure proceeds directly to the Bismarck Hotel, focusing on enjoying the mechanics of driving through town in her car. She was probably going to feel far more awkward once she arrived, of course, because she was going to investigate a secret murder with her boss/celebrity crush who she'd slept with within a few hours of meeting for the first time.

Frankly, it was less impressive than how she'd dreamt it when she was 16. She almost had a serious relationship, anyway. She did not relish the thought of talking things over with him about this. She also did not relish how right the pants she'd worn today were in the wrong places. Stop thinking stupid fucking thoughts.

Bringing the Dangerhawk to a stop in another feat of perfect parking, she gets out to lock up and head into the hotel. She should probably get comfortable with using the valet, especially given the likely steadiness with which she'd been getting substantial writing checks, but it still didn't feel quite right. She could almost feel her mother nagging her about wasting money in that instant. She shrugged it off as she went through the door.

Heading over to the front desk, she does a quick scan of the room for Jonathan Cook and Adrian I'm pretty sure you know that I know what your real name is, 'Ixidor' Isaacs. She was dressed more casually now, having come here at the spur of the moment, than she had been last time; She was just wearing a casual blue top with a tan jacket over jeans and sneakers.

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

By contrast, The Deacon of the Silver Ladder is slightly more formally dressed, than he had been the last time. Due to the fact that his presence at the Bismarck today hadn't been on a whim. A navy colored blazer and a pale blue button down are all that's traditional about the attire, of course. The rest is traditional Adrian Isaacs. Silver jewelry that subtley blend the motifs or a rocker's theme with that of the Vox Draconis, a rolled handercheif tied at his throat instead of silk, black eyeliner and fingernails, that sort of thing.

Yet, for all of it's own brand of pomp that it represents, Ixidor behaves as though he is employed by the five star hotel. He walks out of the back with the casual stride of a person who knows exactly where he is going, lightly trailing fingertips against the edge of the front desk as he passes it. As he spots the other mage, the expression on his face slides from deep thought to a smile of sly whimsy.

"Welcome back," he drawls. "I wish it were under better circumstances."
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

Azure sighs, and closes her eyes for a moment, meditating on the mantra, Thou shalt not fuck your boss again.

"Hello, sir. How are you today?"
    she asks, putting up a minor barrier that told him 'not again.' But that would only work if he were paying attention. Fortunately, she'd rehearsed turning him down in front of the mirror. Her almost-boyfriend was better for her, anyway. Or so she should like to think.

"Where is, uh, what we talked about on the phone? Or was there something we need to get first, or someone who hasn't arrived yet?" Her tone was more business-like than flirtatious, and it seemed those little shivers and squirms were settling down in his presence. He really wasn't all that scary, now was he?

Not to be a Nag Wolven Pryde but you still out there?
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Ix cocks an eyebrow at the 'sir', wondering if Azure was reverting back to her previous nerves, or something else.

It's not important to the matter at hand, but he can't let her misunderstand and make this an awkward thing between them. Tasteless analogy though it is, this is hardly his first rodeo. It's a shame that it doesn't look like he'll get to ride again, he rather thought they had a good bit of fun.

"I was alright until I found out about Tamwood," he answers honestly. He tries to maintain his usual guise of the sly, energetic rocker, but it's weak. He looks far more... sober... than usual. Or like he really needs a drink. Those aren't necessarily the same thing. Azure trying to give him the cold shoulder so soon is just icing on the cake. Extra sting to the slap of the face.

He waves her to accompany him as they strike out in a different direction than the one he'd come from.
    "Come on, we gotta bit of a walk ahead of us."

Once he's sure she's on board, and walking along with him, he asks,
    "So how did you get mixed up in this situation too?"

He tries to sound as conversational as he can, but there's an understandable note of weariness in his voice.

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)

Following right after him, Azure did not take the time to distinguish as to whether this were his pleasant languor or miserable depression making more sedate. Rather, she contemplates her explanation for right after she addresses all of his remarks, and answers his question.

"Sorry to hear it ruined your day," she says entirely in earnest, "I stumbled into it, recognized Vae, figured if I helped it should make sure she does not kill me for how we met the first time. I tend to just stumble into everything around here, and everyone."

And, conveniently, she set herself up for her private words with him after they stepped entirely out of public earshot. "My boyfriend might be some sort of saint, but I'm also worried he's too shocked or frustrated to show how he really feels. Either way, I feel pretty awful about what happened and we should not repeat it. It's nothing personal, and I don't really mean to brush you off. I'm just, uhm, establishing a boundary? A safe limitation so we can work together, and I do not upset him anymore. If that's alright with you, I mean? I really hope you weren't planning to propose already."

Her ending joke coincided with a playful grin, but a markedly different one from when they were last together face to face. She was making an effort to be clearly platonic.

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Ixidor listens patiently while they walk along, and Azure spills a little bit. For the most part, his reactions aren't verbal while she is speaking: a shrug and wave of his hand at the comment about ruining his day, silently assuring her that it's not her fault and can't be helped, a raise of eyebrows at her already being in a relationship, and a chuckle at her joke about marriage.

"Boyfriend, huh? Whoops."

There is a slight widening of his eyes as he says that. The tone of the rocker's voice is indicative that the oops is all on her, because he certainly didn't do anything wrong. However, it's a hell of a relief to see that this isn't gonna go how those situations usually do. The whole angry, jealous boyfriend thing is fucking exhausting.

"Yeah,"
    he concedes, "you're right. The responsible thing to do is just move on, and be adults about it. I'm actually kind of glad you see it that way.

"But I certainly wouldn't have complained about another encore, either.

"Just sayin'."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)

"I'll keep that in mind," Azure replies, before adding, "But don't fucking tell anybody I said that. So how about we accomplish something that will make me feel good tomorrow, instead of just tonight, shall we?"

Hey look it's a Magical Handwave, collect your body and knife (preferably in a container of some sort, lets use a suitcase) and continue to This thread.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Closed Thread