Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Saturday morning offered a slight reprieve from how hellish playing catch-up in school had been. The funeral had been weeks ago, yet she couldn't slow down her mind. The sadness she felt was written across her heart for everyone to see. To try to dull the edge Weavebreaker left campus to head downtown and found herself at the Dive. She sat alone at the bar, a Corona sitting slightly askew in front of her, and a shot of tequila directly before her.

Weavebreaker was not much of a drinker. The contents of the shot glass nearly came back up as quickly as it went down, but somehow she held it in. She quickly put the shot glass onto the counter and reached for the Corona to help alleviate that rough after taste. The taste of the Corona was not as harsh, but compared to the tequila burning in her stomach, it helped.

"Another..." She requested softly, settling the Corona back down onto the coaster.
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow
    Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9

W
    WakingDream

Impulse arrives at the Dive fairly easily. He had been in the area long enough now that he had adjusted to the thinner air as well as learning where everything was. So, when he arrived at the bar--package in hand--without even a drop of sweat on his brow, the Thai Acanthus was not the least bit surprised.

A few moments later, Impulse was passing off the parcel to the barkeep when he noticed a single lonely patron wearing sadness like a comfort blanket. Usually, he tried to avoid strangers with problems. However, seeing how he had not-too-long-ago been fostered in a cabal that dedicated themselves to helping people, he decided he might as well at least say "Hello".

Since he assumed he hadn't yet been noticed, the free councilor decides-- for once-- to actually look before he leapt and began to analyze the stranger before him to see if she was awakened or not. He grins, despite himself. I should lose ten points for being out of character... he laughs in his own head.

Scrutiny = 2 rounds/ 3 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-06-30 15:57:41 [01] Impulse rolls 4 to Int + Occult on Weave Breaker (extended) (10 Again) 9, 6, 9, 7 2 successes
    2013-06-30 15:57:03 Impulse rolls 4 to Int + Occult on Weave Breaker (extended) (10 Again) 4, 9, 4, 3 1 success

"That's no good," Impulse starts, approaching the stranger in a friendly manner. "Don't you hate drinking alone? I know I do! Especially when most people are still sleeping right about now." And with that, Impulse takes a seat next to the blonde and orders a cranberry juice. "I'm Impulse, by the way. What's your name?"

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker took a few sips from her Corona, seemingly oblivious to Impulse's discernment. It was immediately obvious that there was something more to her, and as the seconds progressed it became readily apparent that she was a willworker.

At first, she did not answer. Whether it was because she did not expect someone to be talking to her or the alcohol was beginning to impose its influence was hard to tell. Missing the innuendo completely, Dash's introduction and inquiry cause her to lift her head and finally take notice.

With bottle in hand she turns to the stranger, giving him a curious look and more silence for a moment. She was unsure whether he was talking to her, but the look on his face spoke volumes. Still she asks the obvious question. "Were you talking to me?"

Sense Scrutiny (Fail)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-06-30 16:51:07 Weavebreaker rolls 6 to Sense Scrutiny (Reflexive) Wits+Composure (10 Again) 5, 2, 1, 5, 4, 3 failure

W
    WakingDream

Dash

An amused smile reaches Impulse's eyes as he looks around the empty bar for anyone else he could have been speaking to. Remembering that he was trying to cheer the stranger up and not mock her, he simply replies with a nod.

"Yes I was. I haven't seen you around before so I wanted to say 'Hi'." Impulse nods his thanks as the bartender brings him his juice. "You seemed like a cool person, and i'm pretty social myself, so I figured I'd make an intro." Smiling kindly, he offers a hand, "Now what was your name, again?"

Weavebreaker

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker gave a blank stare for a split second before she quickly blurted out, "Anna." She took another swig of her Corona on queue with the bartender placing another shot of tequila behind her. She glanced back for a moment and then looked back to Impulse with quick shrug of her shoulders. "What can I say? It has been one of those weeks..."

Weavebreaker glanced down to her bottle for a moment, realizing the only thing left in it was a lime. She let out a soft sigh and turned, placing it next to the full shot. With a quick wave of her hand to the bartender she said, "I am going to need another..." She reached down for the shot, though her hand seemed to pause once her fingers touched the glass. Part of her felt hesitant taking another when the first one was so rough and she felt it best to wait for a chaser while she could build up some more courage.

W
    WakingDream

Impulse gives his best friendly smile. He nods knowingly and sips his cranberry juice. "I know what you mean. I've had a few of those weeks myself." He takes another sip before continuing in his most sincere voice. "I've always found that talking about it made it better though. Care to share?" His manner is open and friendly, he was honestly just trying to help.

"It's okay. Just friends here."
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-07-01 01:31:00 Impulse rolls 8 to Pres+ Persuaion+ SL (try to make her feel comfortable) (10 Again, WillPower) 1, 5, 5, 6, 2, 1, 6, 9 1 success

Weavebreaker

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker lets out a soft sigh as it seems like everyone has been asking that same question. Crossing her arms she glances down to the floor.

"Sorry but sharing and caring isn't going to help shit." Weavebreaker cannot help but blow a little steam off before she turns quickly to down the shot. Her faces scrunches at the taste, yet it seems to go down smoother than the first.

"Where is that Corona?" She asks, leaning up against the bar upon her elbows.

I just need some time...
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-07-01 02:18:03 Weavebreaker rolls 1 to Resolve + Composure (10 Again) 4 failure
    2013-07-01 02:06:35 Weavebreaker rolls 6 to Resolve + Composure (10 Again) 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 6, 6 2 successes

W
    WakingDream

Impulse frowns. That sounded bad, even to him. Care to share? Who would listen to that? He sighs heavily and decides to try again.

Shifting Sands = fail
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-07-01 21:32:03 Impulse rolls 8 to INT + COM + Time- Shifting Sands Rote (10 Again) 4, 3, 6, 1, 5, 4, 6, 5 failure
    2013-07-01 21:31:43 Impulse rolls 1 to Paradox (10 Again, Chance) 5 failure

Sighing again, Impulse downs the rest of his drink and places his cup upside down on the counter. "Perfect. Well a good run always helps clear my head. And i hate jogging alone. Come with?" He asks, a smile on his face as he rises from his seat.

Hang out
    ST Note: Impulse's Nimbus is Flaring, and Weavebreaker's Unseen Senses are beyond Spidersense tingly.

Weavebreaker

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker could feel the shivers running down her spine, her bodies response to unnatural stimuli that immediately put her on guard. She turned on her seat, her face lacking the sadness or annoyance it once held. The emotions fled her features replaced with a serious tone. Her eyes watched Impulse for a moment, but flirted around to other potential threats. She was unsure what had exactly caused the feeling.

"Was that you?" Weavebreaker asked swiftly.

W
    WakingDream

Impulse's eyebrow cocks in surprise. "You could feel something?" His voice was measured and calm. He hadn't expected her to be a willworker, but if she could sense his failed casting... What else could she be? "Okay. We should definitly go somewhere more suited to... waking conversations."

He scans the bar to make sure no one else was watching and then offers a hand-- and a smile-- to Ana. He makes a mental note that he should be more careful who he approaches and decides to activate his mage sight as quickly as possible.

Time mage sight activated
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-07-01 22:41:02 Impulse rolls 5 to Gnosis + Time (Activate Temporal Eddies) (10 Again) 10, 1, 5, 2, 2, 9 2 successes

"There's a nice spot outside we can talk. I'm sure I could use the fresh air."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread