Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Leading his cousin over a fair distance from Martha's unending duty with newcomers, but close enough that he could still reach her in an emergency, Dillon stops and turns to face Michael Redfill .

"Busy night," he says with a bounce of his eyebrows. That friendly, lopsided smirk of his straightens out for moment as he nearly smiles again. "I know I've said it already, but it's good to have you back. What's on your mind?"
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

Michael takes note of Dillon's choice of position. His eyes dart to the other Kindred from time to time, vigilant for signs of danger. He understands now that when you are not attentive, you can soon turn from corpse to ash.

"Yes, a lot of newcomers tonight. And I am glad to be back. Anywhere and especially here." - there is a long pause, during which Mike appears quite uncomfortable. He almost looks like he's about to ask Dillon to a prom. Finally, he seems to gather his courage and jumps in:

"I have to favor to ask of you. More as a member of Family and my Priscus than Reeve." - not that he started talking, words come easier. - "I wouldn't, but you remind me a bit of my Sire for some reason and Family deserves more trust than we can normally afford", - he takes a deep unnecessary breath.

"I suck at survival and fighting. Above average, but not enough for a Savage. Most of what I know about that came when my Sire made me fight with him for hours every day. And there is some training I did after", - he looks Dillon straight in the eye. - "It's not enough. I need to fight better, to be able to evade enemies better. To have blood at my disposal at all times. This 'brush' with the hunters", - he winces, - "has taught me that we are nowhere near invincible. Something that Andrey tried to hammer into my head back when I first became Kindred".

He pauses for another second before finishing:

"Of course, I don't expect any help with anything I can do by myself. But there is one particular ability I would like to develop, and I thought that you had the knowledge. I want to be able to utilize the power of Vitae to strengthen my body, like the hunter I fought", - the desire to shove what they threw at him right back in their faces is apparent in his voice now.

"I know that all knowledge has a price. Unfortunately, I don't have much to offer except my academic skills and time. I considered contacting my Sire as he probably knows the Discipline too, but the mockery I'd be subjected to and the errands he'd make me run... Let's just say that I prefer not to feel that much of a Neonate all the time." - he actually manages to crack a slight smile.

After a final pause, he asks:

"So, do you think there is suitable compensation I can provide?"
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

For a moment, Dillon is tempted to give Mike a little playful guff about having been compared to his Sire, and then learned that said Sire would be prone to mockery and chastisement. He's sure that it was intended to be a compliment, but he sort of threw it into the dirt and kicked it around a little at the end, there.

Dillon isn't insulted in the least. He's pretty sure he knows what Redfill meant. Besides...

He's apparently been through quite enough already.

The Gangrel Priscus nods. "That's not a problem. I can help you develop the more extreme gifts of Kindred strength faster than you could on your own."

As for Mike repaying Dillon for his time, he can only shrug. "Use that power responsibly, stay active and supporting of this Domain, help me show everyone that Clan Gangrel does more than its fair share to keep Sacramento secure, and we'll call it even."

There is a wry smile.

"I'm not even going to squeeze a Boon out of you."
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

Michael blinks for a few moments, before smiling sincerely for the first time this evening:

"Thank you. I fully intend to do all of that. Nevertheless, if you ever need anything I might help with, don't hesitate to ask. I'd be happy to."

He keeps silent for a few moments, before realizing that he may have badmouthed the man to whom he owed so much:

"You must understand, Andrey Neznamov cares. Which is why he would probably come and help if I asked. But my Sire does a lot of travelling. Last time I checked he was somewhere in China. After finding time to come to Sacramento he'd be entitled to a little mockery and compensation for lost research time." - his smile grows wider. - "I hope to introduce him to you some day. He is also of the mind that Clan Gangrel have the potential to be much more than just Savage. Which, I believe, was why I was chosen."

Having relaxed visibly, he continues:

"I don't think I've ever told you that story. Would you be interested in hearing a bit about it, if you have no other pressing duties?" - it is clear that Michael has become a bit nostalgic, but he doesn't want to impose. And it's also something he wouldn't share with just anyone.

Despite the change in his mood, Redfill still keeps watch on the room, paying more attention to the newcomers than to the more established members of the Domain.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon nods again, his friendly smirk stretching briefly into a grin. "I do understand. As a matter of fact, your Sire sound much like my own. I would enjoy meeting him some night, I think. And I would enjoy introducing you to Adonia de Vaca as well.

"With so many potential decades sprawling out in front of us, I'm sure it will come to pass eventually."

He holds out his hand in offer for his cousin to shake on the agreements, in addition to politely wrapping up the conversation. "My story with my Sire begins in Pennsylvania, eighteen sixty-six.

"Let's trade those stories sometime. I look forward to it."

Hazel eyes glance away, catching sight of a newcomer getting very close and friendly with Herald Villiers.

Dillon doesn't scowl, or frown darkly, like some members of the Domain might expect him to. But there is a noticeable silence for a few extra seconds while he watches the interaction very carefully. Apparently satisfied that there is no ill-mannered intent, the Reeve's eyes slide back to his cousin.

"But for now, I need to see if I can hook Bailiff Sage for a quick word before the night is over."

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Dillon Connery
    Ixidor
    Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Potency •••••
    Protean • (Down in Elysium)
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good Looks)
    Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

Gnosis ••
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)
    Striking •• (Eccentric)
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Silver Ladder ••
    Sacramento ••

PRE

ooc

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

Michael listens to Dillon. He notices the man look towards Martha and then replies:

"Yes, it would be better to talk when things are less crazy anyway."

At the mention of Bailiff Sage, the smile vanishes from his face:

"Of course. Please call me, when there will be a debrief. There are still things to consider and preparations to be made. For instance, we might need to burn the house down, if they leave anything there that risks a Masquerade breach." - he winces at the word 'burn', but unfortunately there is no better way.

"Again, thank you."

Michael offers Dillon a handshake and, if accepted, leaves the Court.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

After nodding and shaking hands with Mike Dillon says, "Right, absolutely. It will be soon, I promise."

Dillon moves back to the main Court thread

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Closed Thread