Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(1305) Bell and Ixidor

Bell smiled and made the slightest movement that, if she produced sound, might have been a laugh. But accepted her headphones back and replaced them over her ears. Slight bliss seemed to move through her features.

She waved her hands between the two of them with a grin and a nod.

Considering the amount of smiling she was doing, it was doubtful to be read as a GTFO comment.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Ixidor is caught up in her grin. His, though, is always a little slack. A little lazy. But no less interested.

An idiot could see the effect that having to bear the sound of spoken words has on Bell, versus the sound of music. And Ix is no idiot.

Though, you'd be surprised at how many people confused insanity with idiocy.

Producing his phone from within a jacket pocket, the rocker brings up his notepad app and begins thumbing out words. He can never help but marvel slightly at how much easier this is when he's sober.

After a few seconds of tapping, he offers the device to bell. It reads:

I have a pen, but no paper. We could always write messages on each other's skin, but I'm almost out of room on mine...

Want to know what I find very intriguing?
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

For Continuuity
    Avalon looks around at those gathered, “All right then, The Heralds have been decided by silence, and out of our now six nominations for the three positions, it’s time to vote. Each table has paper, pens and a small box for the voting slips.” The hierarch eyed those standing around the room.

Please do this quickly.

Just PM your three choices to Avalon, DO NOT write your choices in thread. Voting closes on the 10th and Consillium will close on the 12th.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Bell held up a single finger to the rockstar before looking around the room, as if trying to pick people out of the crowd, then with a deft move she lifted a piece of paper off the table, pointed at the furred woman at the podium then at the paper. Then after a few quick movements of her hands she picked one of the 10˘ pens of the table scribbled a few things down then shoved the paper into the small box that was on the table.

She offered Ixidor a paper as well, before looking at his phone.

That’s fine, there is paper here.

And it’s voting time.

It seems like she managed to pay attention despite her distraction and headphones.

What do you find intriguing?
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Ixidor blinks once or twice as Bell points out the papers, taking one automatically when she offers it.

"Oh. Well.

"Didn't even notice those, there. Guess I should have expected that at a Library, huh?"

This is more muttered to himself than actually meant for Bell to respond to. Quickly scribbling down three names, he rips that corner off of the paper, folds it once, and stuffs it in the box. Two of his votes were absolute no-brainers. One... the last one... well. There's a little bit of hope and whim involved.

Don't underestimate the whim of Adrian Isaacs.

Stubbornly using his own pen, Ixidor continues the conversation at hand. He can no longer employ their having to use his phone as a fun manner of excuse to get Bell's number. No matter.

Just a detour, not a deter.

What I find intriguing is a woman who either can't speak, or chooses only to do so with her music. Who can apparently only tolerate the sounds of the world when filtered through her headphones. And whose Shadow Name is a simple object with one purpose in it's existence.

To make noise.

The rocker props his chin behind his fist, watching for Bell's reaction with great interest.

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)

The Moros smiled at the rockstar’s antics, then tilts her head down to look at his message, which only makes her grin wider, and the motion of her tongue around the lollypop only more obvious.

That can’t be any more intriguing than an Obrimos who took his name from a piece of equipment he uses frequently? Besides, a bell is just something I use on a regular basis, and people are just too loud some times.

She flicked the bell at the hollow of her throat, the smallest of sounds but still a clear enough note to be heard rang in the small range.

And I can tolerate sounds just fine, it’s the tastes I don’t like.

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Ixidor's somewhat lazy smile takes a slyly amused twist at the dingle of the little bell. Something very, very naughty about hearing that sound in a steady rhythm passes through his mind's eye, and he quickly writes,

Please tell me that you only take that choker off to shower. That would absolutely make my day.

As Avalon announces the results of the vote, Ix nods to himself, having turned his head to watch her speak. His wild mane of black hair exaggerates the motion just a touch, wobbling a few millisecond behind. No real surprise there, especially after West stood up for Dash.

Pen goes to paper again.

That's still more interesting than taking your Shadow Name from a fictional wizard that some nerd fan says you look like.

Well, we have three new Sentinels. And it looks like the evening is drawing to a close soon. Let's finish this conversation afterwards, or at a later date? Neither of us ate anything... you hungry?

He intentionally writes with the paper in front of them both, so she can watch him pretend to slip up, scribble something out hastily, and 'correct' himself.

I want to learn all about how you taste your tastes.

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)

It doesn’t rust.

Bell wrote completely bypassing the inurrendo that the Deacon had dropped, almost as if she hadn’t read it that way.

I’d ask which fictional wizard, but that’s obvious, right?

The girl in the headphones seemed to be twitching slightly, but on closer look it was as if she was laughing with the sound turned off.

It didn’t stop when she noticed what he had written, but she did nearly pounce on the paper to write her next piece

If I wrote I could really go for a taco right now, how would you take it?

Because I could really go for a Taco right now, or a burrito. Mind if I bring, Volos, he’s kind of my translator right now, so I don’t have to write everything down.

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

The rocker claps his hands together once as he laughs at how deftly Bell handled him. He does try not to be too crude, but he has a habit of tossing the occasional lewd hand grenade.

Then this little chick straps it to a stick of dynamite and hands it back.

He shakes his chin from side to side just a little, writing one line to preface the rest of his response.

This is already the best conversation I've ever had at Consilium.

Ixidor skips over the obvious comment of liking how he digs that she's into both tacos and burritos.

Though he is perfectly fine with writing back and forth, even though she says his side of it isn't required, he's also not going to be a jackass and leave her translator bro behind. Might take a little acclimation to get used to, but no biggie.

I'll take it however you present it. Let's go get kicked out of Taco Bell.

Am I meeting you there, or are we sharing a cab?

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)

What, can’t teleport?

The words were written quickly, then she rolled her eyes.

Don’t worry I can’t either.

I don’t mind sharing a cab, just let me get Volos.

She let the paper stay where it was as she tucked the pen into her shirt and stood to go find her translator.

Closed Thread