Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Welcome to the Hotel California

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

PRE

Gallows pulled up to the Bismarck a bit after 1:15. He was still surprised sometimes to look at the size of the hotel, and think that it had been sitting here for the Ladder for almost a year before anyone had known about it. The lack of communication here was a real killer sometimes--hopefully not literally.

As he made his way into the lobby, Gallows wondered who the other person Cook might have with him was. One of the new Thearchs in the city, perhaps? Silk, or Uncarved? Either way, he would be happy to get a chance to know them better.

Gallows stepped into the lobby and looked around for Cook.

Jonathan was dealing with something on his cell phone in his office before reaching over and picking up the wine glass.

It might have turned into an addiction by now. Whatever, it was easier than attempting the cave and spring at this point.

It took a moment before he realized the time and he slowly shuffled out of the side office behind the plant.

He was dressed exquisitely, his long hair in a single braid touched with small blue beads and a small sparkle just under the knot of his tie.

Ah. you made it, though I’m not entirely sure what you wanted to speak to me about.

He seemed tired, and a bit rough around the edges despite the immaculate presentation he made. Stress was on the edge of everything, nearly palpable.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

PRE

Gallows nodded to Cook as he approached, taking another look at the man. It didn't look as though the Proximus was doing very well.

"Thanks for making some time," Gallows said. "I'm sure you're busy around here. In fact, that's part of the reason I came." He gestured to the hotel around them. "All of...this came as a bit of a surprise to me, and I haven't really had a chance to ask about it. Do you run this place by yourself, or could you use some assistance?" He shrugged. "Really, I wanted to know more about the place, and whatever arrangement we have here. Also, did you say someone else might be coming?"

Azure had had a bit of a dilemma preparing to show up at a five star hotel to meet her new... boss? Bosses? Co-conspirators? This just added more dilemma. So she settled on Job Interview Fashion: Red blazer, crisp white blouse, black slacks, a touch of silver jewelry, hair brushed out straight. Not too much or too little, she hoped. And she'd be late if she reviewed all her options 4 more times again.

Outfit

Not wanting to use the valet, she parked her car as close as she could with minimal expense after driving by the ritzy place that she shouldn't have been surprised represented the Silver Ladder in Sacramento. Looks like they've started another path to heaven. Damn. One month's pay for a weekend here? More or less? She ponders such issues as she power-walks into the hotel, looking towards the front desk to see if Jonathan Cook was waiting for her. Or whoever Ixidor was.

Spells

Cook really had spent some time dealing with what many mages didn’t understand.

I have employees.” he said with a strange tone; almost questioning. “Might...

Then some chick walked into the hotel, like she owned the place. Jonathan raised an eyebrow but turned his head away, if this was Azure he didn’t feel like making a bad impression straight off. Unfortunately, people walked in like that all the time: Rich and famous or the supposedly entitled.

Either way he’d seen the type before.

It wasn’t helping his day.

Another of ours and yours.” The Proximus said with a small smile before his fingers laced behind his back, and like any good Hotel employee, he prepared his working mask.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

PRE

Gallows was curious to know what Cook had been about to ask, but he supposed it could wait. There was a new arrival, apparently one new enough to have missed the Silver Ladder meeting. It was important to get to know the new mages.

"Hello," he said cheerfully to her. "I don't believe we've met. I'm called Gallows," he said, reaching out a hand to shake hers.

"Hello, I'm Azure. And I recognize you, I believe, Mr. Cook? I called earlier," she says, smiling as she speaks with precisely the manner one might use in a job interview, where appearing "friendly, but assertive" was crucial. She offers a hand to shake firstly the man who's already offered his, and then to Cook.

"Are we headed to a more private room to converse?" she inquires, hoping not to seem presumptuous.

Cook took a moment to look at the woman, Cheryl, who was behind the front dest not seven feet away and gave her a faint smile.

Eccentrics.

He does not shake hands with Azure, and tries very hard to make it so she wasn’t brushed aside. Instead he takes a sip of his wine and reaches over to Cheryl and slowly takes one of the conference room keys.

We’ll be in Conference room 3, Cheryl, if you need me.

The Proximus said, his words seeming to drip with just a little something extra. Then, and only then, does he begin walking, expecting the two mages to follow, although he walks significantly slower than one of his height might otherwise.

No, Miss Azure, I have never met you.

The reply was a bit late, but it was necessary before the woman started to think like any of the others.

Azure accepts his remarks in stride, and follows along at precisely the pace he sets. She makes no remarks until they arrive at their apparent destination.

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

There is one black spot on the Bismarck's White Lounge today. Right in the middle of one of the pristine white couches, and snuggled lazily among the cushions and pillows like a great lanky old cat.

Rock musician Adrian Isaacs to the sleeping world.

Theurgist Deacon of the Silver Ladder to the Awakened.

Dressed merely in a black shirt and jeans, both far more expensive than their composite material should require, Ixidor reclines. He is just short of throwing his boots up on the coffee table in front of him, but has somehow managed to resist; propping one foot on the other knee instead.

The way his visage stands out whenever he catches a glimpse of it in one of the mirrors, the rocker is very tempted to see about doing his next interview and photo shoot here. He's not certain if it's part of a suite, or just tucked away for quiet, classy parties... or even if it's called the White Lounge... but that's what it gets to be today.

A phone is pressed against the side of his head, making some necessary calls while he waits for Azure to be directed here. A mug of coffee already half drank occupies a coaster on the table nearby.
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread