1 - 10
DISPLAYED
1302 Silver Ladder Meeting

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Today, the Bismarck's swankiest Conference Room is to play host to its Charter members. The Silver Ladder.

Though Thearchs have been varying drastically in numbers, activity, and leadership over the past few years, the Precepts are not forgotten. And now more than ever, the lines of communication and cooperation must stay open, and flowing in both directions.

Somehow, somewhere, Ixidor must develop some sense of stability. As the Deacon of the Vox Draconis, he can't afford to play the Wild Card any longer.

Well, not too mach, anyway.

Sitting at the head of the table, texting half a dozen people on his phone, the rocker is wearing noticeably less jewelry today. Who knows why. He certainly never seemed to give a rat's hairy ass about sleeper society's perception of professionalism before.

He's Awakened, Goddamnit. His every act of will threatens The Lie. Even if he weren't an eccentric musical genius, he'd be dressing however the hell he wants.

Well... the truth is, he'd been in a bit of a rush getting out the door. That's what happens when you try to wake up at the crack of noon.
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

PRE

Gallows wasn't sure what surprised him more--the fact that the Ladder had such a swanky place to meet, when compared to the Written in Water, or the fact that Ixidor was actually here first. It looked like the Deacon was taking his duties seriously.

Brushing a bit of dust off his jacket, Gallows made his way into the room. He nodded at the Deacon as he took a chair close by.

"Good to see you, Deacon," he said, formally. He considered Ixidor a friend, but this was a meeting of the Silver Ladder, and called for some decorum. "Looks like we'll have a lot of new blood today."

Please tell me that none of them are new without sponsors.” Cook said as he walked in, dressed to the nines, his long hair tied back and braided as a contrast to the dark suit and silver tie.

He waved in a staff member, his eyes on the Deacon and Gallows as she quickly placed out both alcohol and other beverages. With a faint smile he thanked the woman before she left quickly. “Also good evening.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

J
    Jarons20

Silk walked in casually, though this was her first time at the Bismarck. She had already met a few of her fellow Thearchs, but this was a chance to see those who took stock in the Ladder in a more formal setting. She announced herself.

“Silk, Mastigos of the Silver Ladder, seeking entrance to this illustrious conclave” she gave a wry smile to the men in attendance

Uncarved
    Uncarved

PRE

The monk appeared next. Compared to some of the Thearchs present, he cut a dismally flat figure in his threadbare coat, scarf and raggedy shoes. He may of dressed like a pauper but he did not carry himself as one: his back was straight and his head was held high.

"Uncarved. On the Path of Scourging, wanderer in the Realm of Demons," he intoned formally once the gathering was alone. He gave a formal bow to Ixidor, whom he knew to be the Deacon of the Order; smaller bows followed to the other present. And that with that, the monk walked quietly into the room and found for himself a seat. Carefully placing his coat on the chair's back, Uncarved settled and made himself comfortable.

He did not ask permission to enter, nor leave to join the conclave.

PRE

Gallows nodded his thanks to the servant, as well as a greeting to Cook. "Hello, Mr. Cook," he said. "From what I could tell, all of them arrived in the city already as members of the Ladder. Then again, we didn't talk much, so I could be wrong." He took a glance after the woman who had bought the drinks. "Say...how much does the staff here know, exactly? I'm assuming we should be discreet, obviously, but I'm not sure exactly what level of the Cryptopoly they're sitting on."

As the new members of the Ladder arrived, Gallows smiled. "Please, take a seat," he said. "I believe I saw both of you at the Rage, but it was a crowded and busy night. I am Gallows, a Moros and former Lictor. This is Ixidor, Obrimos and our current Deacon. Welcome to Sacramento. Are you enjoying our city so far?"

It depends on which part of the staff.” Cook said quietly to Gallows as he poored himself a glass of red wine.

As the other two members arrived he glanced at Gallows for his introduction. Since it wasn’t forth coming he decided to speak himself.

And I’m Jonathan Cook, I own this place.

Not that anyone cared, and not that anyone introduced him. But then, it was probably right, since it wasn’t often that one would have to introduce a Proximus to a formal meeting like this.

One day this place will be like an AA meeting...except I will be serving alcohol; at the very least I need it to get by.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

J
    Jarons20

"I have found settling here to be quite easy actually," Silk looked for a window to look out "But then I also found the Consilium to be rather open, unencumbered, even though I've heard rumors of strange happenings"

"Jonathan, this being my first time here I thank you allowing us the use of the hotel"

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Ix looks up long enough to shoot Gallows a smile and a "Yo" as he enters, then the same for Cook.

He knows it's kinda odd for him to keep texting while others are filing in and greeting each other, but he's got business to take care of. Namely, a manager to straighten business out with. And bullshit with. After all, Ix pretty much put the guy's daughters through college...

Business and bullshitting concluded, the Deacon places the phone face down on the table in front of him to engage its silence feature automatically. New technology is so fuckin' cute.

"Welcome, Silk and Uncarved,"
    he says by way of greeting, and to draw attention to himself. "It's always good to see new Thιarchs in the city." Even if every chair except for his, Gallows', and Cook's had been a revolving one. Even, or 'especially'... hard to really determine which descriptor applies.

"How is everybody?"
    Then, quietly to Gallows, "We expecting anyone else?"
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

PRE

"I don't think so," Gallows said quietly to the Deacon. He had been keeping an eye out for new Ladders in the city, and hadn't seen any other faces. "Not since Chambitas left." A bit louder, he continued. "I'm doing quite well, thank you. Work has been busy, and Animus and I are continuing the investigation into the death of Qadesh."

He turned to see what the new arrivals said. They were both unknown quantities so far, though at least they seemed polite enough.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread