Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(2012 Winter Eternal) Terri, Warren & Heath

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Through the eyeholes of her mask, Terri looked towards the large man beside her, his voice as recognisable even with his Mask strengthened as when he was the Ogre who had sworn fealty to her.

Still, it didn't mean that she had to give away just whom he was conversing with straight away. Besides, it was more fun this way.

"Well, indeed, sir," Terri replied, her voice taking on a more Southern drawl, something akin to Jodie Foster from perhaps one of the greatest movies Terri had ever seen, Silence of the Lambs. "I mean, what lady does not appreciate such compliments? However, if you would wish to order a drink, then perhaps you would not mind in ordering one for a lady also? Even with such a gown, it seems I may be struggling to be served, and also with just what to choose."

Yes, definitely more fun.

As the second gent came over to join them, Terri grinned, wondering if the humour matched the man she had come to understand a little better. "Well, my, my, more compliments of such grandeur? Its enough to cause a lady to blush, and therefore threaten to match the colour of my dress this evening. And might I add, such wonderful looking gents that have decided to converse with l'il old me? My, my, I am lucky."

Voice acting, 2 suxx (ignore Wits, should be Manipulation)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-11 07:45:17 Terri rolls 4 to Wits + Subterfuge (10 Again) 8, 5, 5, 8 2 successes
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Dillon Connery
    Ixidor
    Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Potency •••••
    Protean • (Down in Elysium)
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good Looks)
    Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

Gnosis ••
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)
    Striking •• (Eccentric)
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Silver Ladder ••
    Sacramento ••

PRE

NOPE :P
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-13 13:48:32 Warren Locke rolls 3 to just for the heck of it; Wits + Subterfuge (10 Again) 5, 6, 5 failure

Blissfully unaware that anyone would even consider changing their voice as part of the facade, Locke is fairly certain that he has found some interesting little jewel that he has not met before. It is a large enough Freehold, with many coming and going. And Locke has not had the opportunity to meet a great cross section of the stable residents, so it literally could be anyone.

Which lends a certain freedom to the experience.

Even when another joins them, the Witchtooth takes it in stride with a rumbling chuckle. It is not as if they were competing for some blind-- whatever the trendy kids are calling it these days--

Hook up.

Right. That. But the game is still worth playing, because it is amusing, and a challenge. And challenge is one of the few things that make Locke still feel alive.

"With what he just ordered," one massive black-gloved hand makes a subtle, indicative gesture in the other fellow's direction. "We can get away with just about anything without getting the barman in a twist. Shall we try a pair of simple Sidney Cocktails?"

Of course an Irishman (or a creature that once was an Irishman) would select something that is mostly whiskey. Even if it is American whiskey...

"It was not luck that made you so stunning this evening, madam." Locke offers a genial dip of his chin as a punctuation to his statement. It is not very pronounced, but more so than his normal movements. "But it will be luck if I can manage to drink anything with this particular masque. Though if it will amuse you, I shall try."

Belatedly, he realizes that he could do a better job of masking his identity by altering his speech patterns somewhat. Something to keep in mind if he 'meets' anyone else.

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Presence •••• (Entertaining)
    Striking Looks •• (Contagious Smile)
    Fame ••
    Mantle ••• (distant laughter)

Mask
    Brown hair, kind brown eyes, good-looking and quick to smile.
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien
    Tall lanky with alabaster skin save for a stiff brownish mask-like face glowing yellow eyes and mouth. Thick locks of brown hair imitate a jester's cap in shape.

PRE

Rolls
    A realization occurred in Heath's skewed mind of mischief. He grins wider, realizing who he was speaking to, this sassy southern sensation. He decides to don his own accented voice, though not so much to mask his own but as a form of humorous impression. Something akin to foghorn leghorn. "I say, I say, it is most gratifying to hear that, sweet peach that you are. Were I a vain man I would relish in your delightful admirations. But sadly my own semblance could not compare to yours." He feigns disappointment, placing the back of his hand to his forehead in lamentation. "For no man nor woman has offered to buy me a drink this evening."

Heath stood in stark contrast to Warren, who carried himself with grace and good-manners, while the comedian seemed to exaggerate those characteristics to the point of buffoonery. "Oh woe is me, that my lips should remained parched. Yet I will survive somehow," he says, ironically taking a drink from his Modernista.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"A Sidney Cocktail, sir? My, my, I have never even heard of such a drink, and for that reason alone, it would by criminal not to try such a delight!" Terri replied with a little giggle, her hand coming to cover her mouth to cover the grin that was spreading across her face. It was true, she had never heard of the beverage, and seeing as her usual drink of choice was vodka-Red Bull, it was certainly turning out to be a night of new experiences.

When Locke mentioned about his mask, she chuckled again. "Well, sir, perhaps I could avert my eyes at the moment you must sip? The mystery would no doubt continue, yes?"

At the Foghorn Leghorn impression, Terri thought she may have had an indication of whom the impersonator was but, alas, it was too good for her to recognise. However, the choice of the voice seemed to give Terri the idea that the man may have known whom she was, and so decided to go with that assumption.

"Well, sir, it is simply unheard of to allow a fine gentleman's lips to remain so parched! Perhaps I could suggest a twist on the norm and allow this dainty lady to purchase you both beverages?"

Nearly but no quite
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-14 07:06:33 Terri rolls 6 to Wits + Empathy (10 Again) 3, 10, 2, 9, 4, 4, 7 2 successes
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)

Description

PRE

While waiting for any of her two suitors to reply, Terri's eyes couldn't help but turn towards the man ( Jag ) who had just moved over to the bar and ordered his drink. The way he carried himself was certainly an attention grabber, and the Dread Queen made a mental note to seek him out later in the evening.

Depending, of course, how long this little charade drew on.

OOC

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Fame ••

Mask
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien
    Tall lanky with alabaster skin save for a stiff brownish mask-like face glowing yellow eyes and mouth. Thick locks of brown hair imitate a jester's cap in shape.

PRE

"Really, you are a peach to offer, kind lady," replied Heath with a sincere smile that seemed too stiff and set into his jaw. "I hope I do not appear too cheap if I take you up on that." Though he did not appear to be bothered by the thought at all.

"Might I be so bold to observe that you seem to be an assertive and charismatic woman. Certainly you must hold a role of some great importance." Though he had already seen through her disguise, he hoped to toy with her a little longer, making him bold indeed. "And such a striking ensemble might come across as a display of unusual confidence. You're a model, aren't you?"

Dillon Connery
    Ixidor
    Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Potency •••••
    Protean • (Down in Elysium)
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good Looks)
    Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

Gnosis ••
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)
    Striking •• (Eccentric)
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Silver Ladder ••
    Sacramento ••

PRE

"It is mostly bourbon," Locke says dryly, as though for a punchline to a joke. "But I hope you will find the small, added complexity enjoyable."

Indeed, the other man's audacious and nigh over-the-top performance looks all the more so next to the proud Ogre. And though he expected himself to be resisting the urge to feed the man his masque, followed by rinsing it down with the rest of the costume, Locke finds himself resisting another chuckle instead.

So this is what innocent fun feels like.

As with all things, that is a drastically relative statement. But he is learning.

Having no hope of identifying either person, Locke is not quite sure what the other fellow is getting at. Or if he is getting at anything at all. To conceal his inner debate between ignorance and suspicion, he settles on answering the lady's offer and the response she has already received.

"That is quite a lovely offer, Fair Lady. And I gladly shall accept, as long as you accept my prerogative to pursue your identity so that I may one day return the favor.

"With interest."

Though Locke cannot resist a sizing-up of the new gentleman nearby, who drew looks from around the room like the gravity of a neutron star, he is greatly enjoying a conversation already. However, noting the woman's attention drawn there as well, the Troll in him cackles at the added challenge; the raised stakes.

This just keeps getting better.

OOC

Description

PRE

Terri cocked her head as she turned back to look at Foghorn, still with no clue to the man's identity but finding him quite amusing. Ordering the drinks for them all, she couldn't help but chuckle lightly at his suggestion.

"A model? Me? Why, sir, you really are a charmer!" Terri smiled. "Although, I am afraid that to be a model one must be slightly of a taller height, and even in one's heels, I am barely touching five feet six inches!"

Still smirking, her eyes sparkling as the drinks were served and a glass of white wine in hand, Terri glanced towards Warren as she sipped at the drink and leaving a residue of red lipstick on the rim. "Well, sir, that would obviously entail you actually finding out who I may be."

Another smile.

"Of course, wouldn't that defeat the object of the evening? Hiding one's true nature for something more... risquι? Sometimes, a mask is just what the evening requires, wouldn't you fine gentlemen agree?"

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Fame ••

Mask
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien

PRE

Heath was glad to hear the other man speak, afraid that the calm collected facade was hiding some seething rage at his presence. He was reassured that this was not the case as they each accepted the offered payment of drinks, Heath slurping down his quite quickly.

"Oh runway models sure," answered Heath boisterously. "But modeling agencies don't discriminate against elegance." When Terri mentions the possibility of a risquι result in the evening the comedian nearly chokes on his drink. Coughing twice he stutters, "Erhm, risquι? Err, umm, what do you mean by that?" The Minstrel's imagination began straying perhaps where it shouldn't...

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Fame ••

Mask
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien

PRE

At the sudden onset of music filling the ballroom, Heath had a delicious idea. Far from unwilling to make a spectacle of himself, Heath downed the rest of his drink and bowed to the colorfully-dressed woman. "Eh heh hem, may I trouble the lady by asking her for this dance?"

It probably wasn't something he'd get away with in any other instance, but so long as they kept their anonymity it wouldn't cause an upset. He hoped the drink would at least bolster his courage in the face of Fear. But Fear was looking good tonight and he knew he had a dance somewhere in him.

The Joyeux didn't wish to upset the other suitor by taking the initiative but one must strike while the lady is hot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread