Mana: Full
    WP: -2
    Vae
    Adamantine Arrow, ObrimosSentinel

Status (Culture) •
    Status (Emergency Services) • [Officer Gideon]
    ST INFO

PRE

The Circle of Creation is a rather important building in the Awakened aspect of Sacramento, particularly the basement subsections. Below the compound in Basement Subsection 3 the mangled and desecrated body of Rosh lies atop a gurney covered in a white sheet. There is no toe-tag, but there would be...if he still had feet, instead a simple label on the door behind the keycard scanner.

Samael and Halo of the Guardians of the veil are their for the sole purpose of trying to find answers where there are none. Vaeltia and Kite ( DaveJ ) are their for similar reasons.

Okay this is going to be something of a mash up. Samael, Halo, and Vae all have access keycards, Kite is considered a Visitor and is being vouched for by Vae. There is a small file of papers detailing the scene of the body and procedures taken after wards in a wall holder near the door.

Any and All OOC questions and such please direct them to the OOC thread in the living room. And remember to keep your signatures updated.
    Speaking {0FAF0B} || Thinking {8340A8}

nimbus

S
    Sabeleth

Halo entered the sub-basement of the Circle with Father Samael. He was curious to see what the man would be able to do, given that he himself had no experience with Death or Spirit magic. Having never met Rosh he didn't have a clue what to expect, but the missing feet weren't a part of the idea he had formed in his mind's eye.

Activating his Supernal Vision, the Obrimos took a long look at the white sheet on the gurney before turning to his new collegue. "I'm no use when it comes to speaking with shades, but I can take a look for clues on the body. Do you know if there were any personal effects collected hen he was found?" He kept his voice low and respectful, not entirely sure how the other Guardian was going to react.

Supernal Vision; 2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-10-29 19:10:39 Halo rolls 9 to Supernal Vision rote (Wits+Occult+Prime) (10 Again) 9, 8, 4, 6, 7, 4, 7, 2, 3 2 successes

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Striking Looks ●● (Fierce)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Vae

Status (Culture) •
    ST INFO

PRE

Look, Kite, I’m doing this as a favor to you and the FC, okay. You owe me.” She palmed into the downstairs of the Circle. “Not many people outside of the residential orders see this, be happy okay.

She pushed a door open and noticed the Guardians already there.

Oh, Hello gentlemen.

She was wearing a red button up shirt and black slacks over what could be recognized as ‘police shoes’. A string of red beads hung from one hip and her short hair was pulled back into a no-nonsense pony tail.

nimbus

Upon arriving at the room Samael had whispered a few words under his breath: prayers to open his eyes and guide his sight; prayers that included high speech. With those words he turned his Awakened gaze upon the grizzly remains. "Dear Lord, have mercy on this man's Awakened soul. I pray that he no longer suffers. If his shade remains upon the earth in torment, then I pray that you grant him the strength to assist us in our task here." The prayer is quiet, and heartfelt.

He immediately sets to examining the remains, calling upon the vagaries of Death to examine the corpse in addition to the augments he has placed on his own perceptions. When Halo asks about his personal effects the somber Father glances at the other Mage. His accent thickens slightly due to his distraction with the task at hand. "I am not certain. There was a file with information outside the door. I'm sure that any such evidence will be cataloged there."

Before the priest can turn his attention back to his studies, two more of the Awakened enter the room. Samael glances in their direction. While he does not smile, a certain degree of tension seems to leave him. "Vae. I would say it is a pleasure to see you but the sentiment seems a bit inappropriate to the setting. Still, you're presence here will be a comfort. What brings you down into these depths?"

casting rolls
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-10-29 23:38:54 Samael rolls 5 to cast Forensic Gaze (Death + Gnosis + 2 [high speach]) (10 Again) 3, 9, 8, 7, 3 2 successes
    2012-10-29 23:37:57 Samael rolls 5 to cast Speak With the Dead (Death + Gnosis + 2 [high speech]) (10 Again) 2, 5, 3, 10, 6, 4 1 success
    2012-10-29 23:37:34 Samael rolls 5 to cast Grim Sight (Death + Gnosis +2 [high speech]) (10 Again) 8, 8, 8, 3, 4 3 successes

“I understand, and I am grateful for this… believe me.” Kite’s shoulders were slightly slumped as he walked behind Vaeltia, and he was using his free hand to occasionally massage the back of his neck. “However, this is Rosh we are talking about here – my immediate predecessor, the former leader of the Free Council. So you can understand my desire to be involved in this proces… oh…!”

Kite was not entirely prepared for the sight of Rosh’s covered, but clearly dismembered body when Vaeltia opened the door. His hands seemed to reflexive clench a moment, one around his cane the other into a fist, as he stood silently for several seconds simply staring at the scene before him. However, in the battle between his wrath and composure, his composure won in the end, as it usually did, and he willed himself to relax as he addressed the two other willworkers in the room.

“Hello.”
    Kite offered his handshake to both men, though his eyes were downcast as he did so. “My name is Kite, and I am representing the Free Council in this matter. I wish we could have met under much better circumstances…”

Spells cast at Sanctum:

S
    Sabeleth

"Okay Father, I'll go check." Halo was just returning to the door, eyes down, when the other two arrived. He smiled as the first he saw of Vae was the police shoes, bt the smile didn't stay on face given the situation.

"Oh, hi Vae. Kite." He shook the man's hand. The question that had formed upon seeing the man was answered even before he could ask it. Free Council, right. So Rosh was Free Council then. How does that fit in?

"Yes, unfortunate to meet like this but that's where we are." Halo's attention shifted to Vaeltia, knowing that as a police officer she likely had relevant training. "I'm just going to examine the file and see about whether there are any personal effects to inspect." Not expecting any resistance he moved outside of the room to take a look.

“I would like to see that too, please.”

Kite was gentle, but oddly firm in his request, as he started to follow Halo. However, he paused for a moment as he reached the door, and turned towards Vaeltia and the priest, his look very grim.

“Out of curiosity, do we know whether Rosh’s feet were amputated before or after he was killed?”

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Striking Looks ●● (Fierce)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Vae

Status (Culture) •
    ST INFO

PRE

Rosh was also the Obrimos Counselor, I only met him once, but he was going to teach me a few things. But most importantly it was found on the steps of this building. And since Kite was complaining that we were keeping the former Free Council Syndic? out of the order’s reach I figured I could bring him down.” Vaeltia said to her Cabalmate.

She stepped cleanly out of the way of the Guardian heading towards the file, before moving to the body itself.

Thank God, for proper air circulation.

Just got here?

nimbus

If anyone wishes to walk around the body there is enough space to do so, and there are examination tools as well.

Halo
    The folder is rather simple, it details that the body was found dumped at the base of the stairs by approximately two men in a van. The body was left naked, without feet, hands, eyes, tongue or genitles. Those who found the body were Epopt Ariadne, Sentinel Tamwood, Ixidor, and Rose Hearst. It was Epopt Ariadne who identified the body as the Thearch Syndic Rosh.

Also there was a Tass blade that was removed from the body’s heart, it appeared after the body was moved inside of the Circle of Creation.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

S
    Sabeleth

Halo read the file with a sort of sick anticipation in his gut that this wouldn't be the last body they were going to find if something wasn't done. Whoever had thought this up was twisted as fuck. He let out a long breath, realising he had forgotten to breathe. Quickly he relayed the info to the others.

Two questions: 1. Is the Tass blade still around, or would it have dissipated pretty quickly?
    2. Does the dismemberment sound like the sort of ritual performed by a specific group I might have heard of? Int+Occult roll perhaps?

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread