Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 18
DISPLAYED
Reporting To The New Reeve

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Dr. Swift cannot suppress a smile at the Reeve's words, nor does he want to. "Thank you, Reeve Connery," they were still in Elysium, after all, and proper forms of address should be followed. "I appreciate the confidence you place in me, and understand the situation entirely. If given the opportunity it would be an honor and a pleasure to serve the Domain, and to do so under your direction and guidance. Until such a time arrives, I shall endeavor to do my utmost to assist however I can."

Dr. Swift new he could be a reclusive person. He had been so in life as well as in death, and had missed more than one opportunity as a result. He really regret those opportunities, nor did he begrudge those who had been chosen in his stead. More often than not they had been the better choice. But he had come to Sacramento weary of wandering and looking for a place to belong. And Samedai Silver had charged him with becoming more active in the Domain before he had slipped away into the endless nights. Such an opportunity as this would go a long way toward satisfying both. He resolved to do whatever he could to make Dillon, David, and himself proud.

"I will start right away. Herald Villiers has asked me to attend a meeting at the Reverence concerning a matter of historical interest. I do not know if it is related, but as I suspect several Kindred of similar academic interest as myself will be attendance I can use the opportunity to see what assets we can access for this investigation. Are there any specific individuals you recommend I contact for this, or any general or specific guidelines on who not to involve?"

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon ponders the situation only for seconds. Then, he shakes his head just slightly. "I'll leave the majority of that to your judgement. I know that Grand Wyrm Hienz is now also Regent Hienz, but don't be afraid to seek him out for a consultant. I understand he was essential to the results gained so far.

"Mister Grigoriev's deputy reports had high praise for both he and you."

It is meant to send an important message. The Office of the Reeve watch. And they communicate with each other. Of course Dillon knows Swift is smart enough to infer this, but reinforcing the position can't hurt. Primarily, Dillon is just aggravated with other Kindred that are smug enough to assume that the crap they try to slide by with gets past the authorities. Or that the authorities don't pool their information.

Also, in Dillon's opinion, approval from Sidor Grigoriev still carries a lot of weight.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Sensing that the interview was drawing to a close, Dr. Swift stands with a smile for the Reeve. "I am pleased to hear that. I found working with your predecessor to be a rewarding experience, even though it was only for a short time."

He offers a hand to his Priscus and the Reeve. "I look forward to continuing the work with you and this office. Unless there was anything else, it seems I have quite a bit of work ahead of me. It would likely be prudent to begin right away. I have no doubt that Regent Heinz's time is even more precious now than before and I expect it might take a little time to set up an appointment with him." The doctor didn't mean the last as an excuse or the like, but merely a sign of understanding and respect for the demands on the time of one who is Regent, Priscus, and head of a covenant. Truth be told, that was very similar to the situation that the Reeve himself was undoubtedly in. "And I don't with to take up any more of your own time as is necessary. You undoubtedly have several things of importance demanding attention."

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Standing as Swift does, Dillon accepts the handshake, and returns it firmly. "Of course; I look forward to seeing your progress."

He can't bring himself to disagree with the man's very accurate assessment of a Reeve's towering workload. But, truthfully, he can add, "I will always be able to make time for family. If there comes a time that I can't, I wouldn't selfishly guard the title of Priscus out of vanity."

Which is the civil, 'between friends' version of confirming that he is still the Alpha Dog, and believes that he deserves it.

There is a small glance around the office just before they head for the door. "Long way from the group of us gathered in the Automobile Museum's ice cream shop, isn't it? First Gangrel Meeting in Sacramento for every one of us, that was."
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Dr. Swift nods at the reassurance over family matters. He had never doubted the Priscus would compromise his dedication to the Clan, but it was still nice to hear. Then Dillon mentions the meeting at the Automobile Museum. Was that really over a year ago? Time flies when you're dead.

Dr. Swift smiles broadly and answers with a smile. "Yes it is, a long way indeed. Sometimes it's amazing to see what changes in a year, and what doesn't." He gives a sort of shrug as he shoulders his satchel, now much lighter than when he arrived. "Lot of people seem to come and go, but I'm glad we have many that stay the same. Let's hope this next year sees more improvement." Pausing at the door Dr. Swift asks one more question, "Do we have any plans for another Clan get together in the near future?"

Even if it was just for another hunt, or some other entertainment. Dr. Swift liked being with his family, rough as some of them were. Even Dog was family, to Swift's mind, and a stable part of the landscape. It would be good to see everyone again.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

"Soon," Dillon confirms with a nod. "There will be something happening soon. Within the month, if I can work out the time to arrange it and give everyone adequate notice."

Reflecting Swift's smile with a broad grin of his own, The Gangrel Priscus continues. "I had similar thoughts on the matter. I know there to be a few new Gangrel in the area, though whether they have stayed or moved on by now is worth finding out. Guess the direct answer to that is to hang around Elysium more often.

"You know... outside my office, from time to time."

Should we wrap it up here?

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Dr. Swift smiles at the last comment. "I'll try," he replies before giving the new Reeve, and his Priscus a nod and a casual salute. Then he turns and heads back out into the night. He had work to do.

Works for me! Thanks!

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon returns the casual salute, commenting on Swift's answer with an "As will I."

He'd meant the crack for himself rather than a criticism to his cousin, but as the man took it in stride, the Reeve doesn't bother to clarify. Taking a glance up and down the hall, he returns inside to finish reassembling his pistol.

Now he's gotta be quick about it, though, to pick Martha up in time for their trip to the gallery...

END SCENE

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread