Whatever Works

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 16 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... Last

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Whatever Animus had been about to say is lost as the shot rings out. The Thyrsus flinches away, nearly stumbling over himself as his head whips around to glare accusingly at the source. He holds that pose for a moment, frozen, before slowly getting a grip on himself and regaining focus.

He slowly turns back to Samael, blinking rapidly. "Then let's start ... developing what you can already work with. Pretend I'm a Banisher. Hit me with whatever you can.

"Oh, and don't pull punches with your spell choices. Everything's live fire here."

With that, he's in motion, lashing at Samael without waiting for a response.

init 21
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-01 00:29:27 Animus +11 rolls 1 die for initiative 10

Please start a side thread with initiative.

S
    Sabeleth

Surprisingly Halo proves to be a lot more proficient at rolling with the throw than he was at doing the actual throwing, and manages to make it look quite easy. The shot that rings out causes his head to flick around in consternation and he finds his hand reaching for the gun that he'd put in his bag.

Rolling with the throw; 2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-01 01:12:32 Halo rolls 2 to Rolling with the throw [Dex+Ath-1] (10 Again) 10, 9, 4 2 successes

"I thought the range was somewhere else?" Letting the frown turn to resignation he finally smiled when he looked back up at Ariadne . "Nice throw! I guess you had the advantage of watching me demonstrate how not to do it..." With a grin he rolled back up to his feet.

A
    AethrDav

As he began limbering up, waiting for @%1;to start them off, Aegis heard the crack of gun fire, and he immediately crouched and whipped around towards the sound. His hand came up to his side, reaching for his baton, which sat off to the side, until they reached that point in training.

Watching closely, he saw that Vae held a gun towards the other trainee, who had his knife out and made a failed reach for the Banner Warden. Splitting his attention between the two of them and Weavebreaker, he waited for her to be ready and watched the duel.

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Ritual Spells Active

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9
    Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker couldn't have predicted the situation turning to what it did. Her eyes darted from Aegis as they went to Vae. She did not know if she should intercede or stand idle as she drew out the options of what would be the most effective way to deal with things if the situation went south. A prospect she did not look forward too...
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow

Anyone with Mage Sight active, may roll [WIT+Occ-1]. If you succeed, your unseen senses activate for the presence of active magics, please include it in your next post.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Samael's attention is momentarily distracted by the shot. His attention whips around to see what is happening. Then Animus comes at him and before he can really discover what is going on he has his own duel to consider. Fortunately the priest has very fast reflexes. Unfortunately, they aren't fast enough to keep up with Animus in this case.

Animus and Sam continue here.

1 suxx Wits+Occult-1
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-03 14:34:45 Samael rolls 4 to Wits + Occut - 1 (10 Again) 10, 7, 5, 6, 6 1 success

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker's ears were still ringing when she felt a chill run down her spine. It was the same sensation that occurred every time something was amiss. She looked on with disbelief. I cannot stand idle...

Weavebreaker knew she would feel just as guilty if someone were to get seriously hurt and she did nothing to prevent it, even though it was well within her power. She knew she could not arbitrate what was happening without getting a better sense of what was happening.

Weavebreaker quickly moved her index finger and thumb of both hands meet. Drawing the imago solid in her mind, she looks through with the diamond she made with her hands with her left eye.

Supernal Vision, Init
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-04 21:22:32 Weavebreaker rolls 1 to Init (10 Again) 3 failure
    2013-02-04 21:09:18 Weavebreaker rolls 10 to Supernal Vision (10 Again) 1, 2, 8, 5, 7, 6, 8, 7, 9, 3 3 successes
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

The gun shot pulls Ariadne's attention. After seeing that it is Vaeltia she turns her attention back to Halo. Ariadne's not surprised by the gun shot, she's just happy its not a Veil that got shot.

Grinning at Halo, Ariadne laughs. "Uh yes? I probably would have thrown myself on my face there otherwise." Her head tilts to the side as something gets her attention. She looks at Vaeltia and her partner to see if they decided to play doctor already.

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-04 22:06:24 Ariadne rolls 4 to Wit2+Occ3-1=4 (10 Again) 9, 8, 9, 1 3 successes

S
    Sabeleth

Halo hadn't thrown his Supernal Vision on before arriving, although he probably should have. So although he didn't see the magic he did have some general concern for Leo's ( Xander ) well-being. Seeing the guy fall to the ground didn't fill him with confidence, although he didn't really think Vaeltia would kill a fellow Arrow on purpose. Would she?

"Glad to be of service, boss." He meant it, but let it come out a touch wry as a way of deflecting his concern for Leo. "So, you wanna do more of this or try something else? I think I like it when you throw me around."

A
    AethrDav

"That was...dramatic," amusement colored his tone, but there was no trace of concern. Vaeltia was an Arrow, and a cop, and he fully trusted her to know her limits, and recognize the limits of her partner. Aegis, however, was very much interested in getting a work out, and hoped that Weavebreaker would put up a challenge.

"I think they'll probably be okay. Wanna get started?"

Page 5 of 16 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... Last
Closed Thread