Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

"That sounds good." Weavebreaker says to Aegis as she moves over to stand at the head of one of the mats. "Shall we start with a warmup before the stretch? Thinking squats, windmills, pushups, situps, and then wrap it up with some jumping jacks."
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow
    Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9

S
    Sabeleth

Desperately trying to remember how it had gone back in that self-defense class, Halo tried to get in the right position to throw Ariadne to the mat with the right amount of control. Unfortunately he had his feet in the wrong position so they just ended up turning around on the mat.

Throwing; fail
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-26 12:53:27 Halo rolls 1 to Throwing (Str + Brawl) (10 Again) 5 failure

"I swear this was easier last time I tried." Maybe it was the thought of manhandling his boss, which wasn't unpleasant at all. That was the problem...

Since I don't have much time available right now please feel free to ghost me when needed!

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne smiles at Halo. "Try again. Repetition helps with this stuff." After speaking she closes her eyes for a moment to calm herself and let her body relax. Hopefully making this go easier.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus gives the priest a nod. "Sure. Were you looking to start with throws as well, or move right into more direct training?"

Worries in the back of the Thyrsus' mind. What would happen with the spells stripped away? Could he still fight, just with his wits and natural ability?

Every question, every doubt, is only further proof that he had to do exactly that. Fear bred from overreliance. Break it in training, or face disaster in the field.

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Striking Looks ●● (Fierce)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Mana: Full
    WP: -2
    Vae
    Adamantine Arrow, ObrimosSentinel

Status (Culture) •
    Status (Emergency Services) • [Officer Gideon]
    ST INFO

PRE

For a moment Vaeltia’s shoulders shook.

She knew he would do something like that -- that wasn’t the question. The question was if he was actually going to pull something where she had no choice in the matter.

He had decided to be a gentleman.

And that was enough to make her smirk.

She turned back to face him, a blade flashing in her hand.

Initiative: 17

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-27 19:52:52 Vaeltia rolls 1 die for initiative 9
    Please start a side thread, with, at the very least your initiative.
    Speaking {0FAF0B} || Thinking {8340A8}

nimbus

S
    Sabeleth

If at first you don't succeed; 1suxx after 4 attempts
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-30 00:05:42 [04] Halo rolls 1 to Trying a controlled throw [Str+ Brawl] (10 Again) 9 1 success
    2013-01-30 00:05:42 [03] Halo rolls 1 to Trying a controlled throw [Str+ Brawl] (10 Again) 3 failure
    2013-01-30 00:05:42 [02] Halo rolls 1 to Trying a controlled throw [Str+ Brawl] (10 Again) 3 failure
    2013-01-30 00:05:42 [01] Halo rolls 1 to Trying a controlled throw [Str+ Brawl] (10 Again) 2 failure

There was one thing you could definitely say about Halo: he was stubborn. The other thing you could say was that he didn't appear to be overly concerned with looking like a fool... After a few moments of getting it completely wrong he finally remembered the right way to do it. Sliding one leg behind Ariadne 's he carefully took hold of her with each hand and threw her gently to the mat. Finding himself looking down at her pretty face he had a joyous moment of feeling very lucky indeed.

"Sorry that took so long. Guess I need to find myself a self-defense class." And maybe a personal trainer too...

Offering her his hand he smirked a little. "So, you wanna try throwing me?"

Father Samael considers for a moment. "I know a bit about barehanded fighting and wrestling from my younger days, but that's all learned from rough housing with friends in school. Mostly I imagine that if I get into a hand-to-hand brawl I'll be trying to do one of two things: getting hand contact long enough to pull off some working or trying to escape. I'll bow to your Wisdom in this. What do you think will prove most useful?"

A
    AethrDav

"That sounds good." Weavebreaker says to Aegis as she moves over to stand at the head of one of the mats. "Shall we start with a warmup before the stretch? Thinking squats, windmills, pushups, situps, and then wrap it up with some jumping jacks."
    Aegis beamed at his fellow Talon's enthusiasm, and nodded. "Set the pace, I'll keep up."

Looking around, Aegis was about to ask Vaeltia whether she wanted them to work all together, when he saw two begin to go into take downs, and Vae herself had bared a blade. So he nodded to Weavebreaker to get them started.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Waiting patiently for the move Ariadne is thrown to the ground and muscle memory takes over leaving her laying on the ground with a smile on her face. She laughs. "Please, I do too. I have no practiced anything like this for years."

Taking his hand and getting to her feet Ariadne nods. "Definitely."

After taking several long moments to get herself positioned right. Ariadne slides a foot and shifts her body weight, to by surprised that it actually works.

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-31 10:34:39 Ariadne rolls 1 to throwing halo1 (str2+brawl0-pen-1=1) (10 Again) 9 1 success
    2013-01-31 10:28:45 Ariadne rolls 4 to proper rolling dex2+ath2=4 (10 Again) 2, 7, 8, 10, 6 2 successes

A VERY LOUD Shot rings out around the Circle. For those who look over at the fight between Leo and Vae, you will notice that Vae has brandished a gun.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Page 4 of 16 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last
Closed Thread