Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

When Vaeltia mentions the floor Ariadne looks down at it with a raised eyebrow. This is going to hurt.

Then she looks up at the rest of the group. "Is anyone else going to practice mostly on the mats?"

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Striking Looks ●● (Fierce)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Mana: Full
    WP: -2
    Vae
    Adamantine Arrow, ObrimosSentinel

Status (Culture) •
    Status (Emergency Services) • [Officer Gideon]
    ST INFO

PRE

Vaeltia snapturned on Aegis as he entered. “Talon, where were you?” Her voice taking on a quality of sharpness that no one in the room had heard before.

On time, try it next time. Weavebreaker , please show Aegis what to do.

The Obrimos looked back at the Epopt.

Ariadne you will learn how to fall on the mats, after which you will be moving to the floor. This is an Arrow training, and we will conduct it in the Arrow way. I want to see only the best here, because if you can’t give the best now, in training. You will never give the best when it comes down to the wire.

She gave the redhead a cold look. “Can you handle that?
    Speaking {0FAF0B} || Thinking {8340A8}

nimbus

Samael produces his concealed carry permit and turns it for Vae to see, his hand positioned to reveal the picture and the official seal, but covering his name and the license number. It wasn't that he didn't trust her to not look it up, but he didn't know everyone here and you never knew what another of the Awakened might be able to discover with the right information. Besides, it was always better to be safe.

"Go ahead,"
    he says as Leo begins producing more weapons. "Guns downstairs, that'll work just fine. I'm interested in learning all I can about hand to hand as well. The Lord has seen fit to point out that my training is a little lacking in that area." As to the prospect of falling on the hard floor, Samael isn't worried at all. Sure it would hurt, but pain was nothing new to the priest, and it was often the best of teachers.

A
    AethrDav

The reaction was hard coded by now, even though he had been in the Engineering Core. A tour in a war zone kinda got one into the habit. Aegis' head snapped straight up, shoulders back, though he didn't actually click into Attention, his arms were at his side and eyes direct in response to Vaeltia's tone. There was a kind of comfort in that, a feeling of kind of being glade to be back in structure...as harrowing as sometimes it was being low on the totem pole.

"Yes First Talon," came his response, though he wasn't even quite sure if she actually held the rank. She acted the part, so he would to.

Looking around for Weavebreaker, he was beginning to feel eager to get back into the training.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

I can control minds, make myself a genius, know any field, mentally cripple a person, and make Pixel use the litter box.

But I doubt I can fall on the floor safely...
    Henry would not be happy.

"Shouldn't be a problem once my body remembers." Ariadne replies happily and calmly to the cold look. The best way to deal with uppity people is to ignore their antics.

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Ritual Spells Active

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9
    Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker nodded to Vae's request and glanced to Aegis. With a slight motion of her hand she beckoned him to follow. She headed back into the other room to grab some more mats for everyone, plus a few extra for would be stragglers. "Grab what you can and set the mats up..."

Weavebreaker was only concerned with getting the stuff set up to begin training. She went about it as quickly and quietly as possible.
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow
    Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9

Leo Lockheart

PRE

"Permits?" He asks with some amusement. "Not on me no. To go from my dorm room upstairs to the sanctuary for strictly training purposes doesn't require them. Why? Are you a cop?"

'Oh shit she's a cop!' He thought with some alarm. 'Why else would she care about some stupid paperwork? Wait, she didn't know me when I arrived, and she doesn't know my name to look me up.' He quickly begins to relax from his anxiety when he realizes there is no risk of recognition.

He was finally pulled out of his head by Vaeltia's sharp words to Aegis, jumping slightly at the beginning. After a quick shake of his head he seemed to return to his amused expression."On another note, aren't most of us going to be pushing the boundaries of aggravated assault at some point? 'Give the best' and what not?" Though his tone was once again amused it was not mocking. Leo merely found some comedic irony in Vaeltia deciding to enforce the permits while the weapons are being turned on people.

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Striking Looks ●● (Fierce)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Mana: Full
    WP: -2
    Vae
    Adamantine Arrow, ObrimosSentinel

Status (Culture) •
    Status (Emergency Services) • [Officer Gideon]
    ST INFO

PRE

Good enough, Epopt.” Vaeltia finished with a smile, it wasn’t as if she hadn’t seen the tactic before, besides cold looks were by far her speciality.

At Leo’s sharp, almost defensive, questions she raised an eyebrow. “Actually, yes, I am.” she said with a nod. “You seem like you have something to hide, do you?

She folded her hands slowly in front of her. “The point is, that even in training, knowing that we are covered from prosecution is a good thing. Even if we are not going out onto the open streets. We train many things, Talon, and practicing what we know we can use out there,” A vague gesture to the world, “is important. If we practice only the styles that we cannot use without bringing further attention to ourselves, we put the entire order in jeopardy.

My asking for permits, is the same as any other you would find on the street, carrying a sword at your hip for use in anything other than a renaissance fair or fencing tournament is essentially illegal. And most, if not all, of those people have some way of declaring how or why they have the blade. Besides, many of them keep the weapon tipped.
    Speaking {0FAF0B} || Thinking {8340A8}

nimbus

"In any case," Father Samael adds to Vae's response as he puts his license away, "Being stopped in the first place is a good way to lose whatever quarry you're after. It is essential to know how to avoid attention in the first place, and how to deal with it quickly if necessary. Having everything you do legal in the eyes of the law is a rather useful habit to get into, and a wise one."

He turns his focus from the young, sword-toting Mage to Vaeltia. "We should likely get started. How do you want to begin? If we're starting with hand to hand I can make sure the guns are secured and locked away for now."

A
    AethrDav

Aegis follows Weavebreaker dutifully. Heeding her lead, he pulls out mats, setting them up, and assisting her with organizing the training space.

It would be nice to get a little physical. His exercise of late had been hauling buckets, blooms of metal, and working bellows. Some good, old rough-and-tumble would be fun.

He allowed himself half an ear on the discussion of the man with the swords. Aegis had always found them interesting, but he'd taken the stick fighting route because it was slightly easier to carry something to use as a club or staff than a blade or rapier. He was prepare to put out his knowledge of the Filipino Martial art of Escrima, as well as his handle on grappling, but he'd follow Vae's lead.

Page 2 of 16 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last
Closed Thread