Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne had nodded when Vaeltia had offered to let the Guardian's stick around. Some thought is made over Vaeltia's comments about Ariadne's fighting style. All of it true...and should be concerning. Again the Veil nods, though this time a nod of thanks.

"Practice makes perfect." She replies to Halo 's statement. Arcana could do so as well but it never seems to completely supplant the individual's capacities. Tiresome.

S
    Sabeleth

"Yeah, I hear that. Focus fire on the biggest threat." He gave a sheepish grin. "Going to sort myself out with some unarmed combat training. I could probably do with picking up some training in Life to help when it comes to a fist fight." Halo gave Animus a significant glance, the guy had just kicked ass.

His gaze flicked back to Ariadne . "I'll start checking out martial arts clubs and let you know what I find." He also wanted to improve his knowledge of Forces, but he could do that on his own.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Right idea, but the focus is more important than the threat assessment. Make your best guess and jump on it, but don't second-guess yourself even if they turn out to be the weakest; that's time you don't have. Combat situations change faster than you can imagine, and the worst thing you can do is hesitate."

He pauses for long enough to let that sink in, before turning to the rest of Halo's statement. "I'm willing to teach, as long as you don't use it as an excuse to let your natural ability slide. Magic is a complement, not a replacement." At the last, he turns to stare directly at Ariadne . Time to see how much attention she was paying.

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Striking Looks ●● (Fierce)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Mana: Full
    WP: -2
    Vae
    Adamantine Arrow, ObrimosSentinel

Status (Culture) •
    Status (Emergency Services) • [Officer Gideon]
    ST INFO

PRE

48 hours

Vaeltia looked between the three mages.

Nothing?

Fine then.

What Leo ( Xander ) did wrong, was he failed to communicate. He willingly set up one of his own side for a slaughter. Such tactics shows that you cannot be trusted, if you don’t have the balls to face me in a fair fight, and instead have to rely on maneuvers to get others to do your dirty work, you will never have the my trust.

She looked at Aegis ( AethrDav ) and Weavebreaker . “Never do that, EVER. It will get someone killed, never force a partner into thinking that you don’t have their back, because if you do.” she had switched her visuals to Leo again. “They probably won’t back you up.” With that she picked up her blade from where Weavebreaker had dropped it.

Get fixed up, Leo can heal you some what, as Animus politely about the rest.” And she left the three talons to talk amongst themselves.
    Speaking {0FAF0B} || Thinking {8340A8}

nimbus

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne raises her hands in defeat as Animus points out her sole use of magic. A sheepish smile tries to break through her calm facade.

"No excuses from me. I know I've been slacking on the material side of things." She says no more, anything else would just be an excuse. Her hands fall back to her side and she nods to Halo. "That would be nice.." The sudden idea of having to fight Animus makes her cringe on the inside. Learn by doing right? Seems very Arrow...

A
    AethrDav

The pain was making it difficult to focus, and Aegis had been a bit distracted during the fight with Leo. He paused a little to long, and Vaeltia gave the order to clean themselves up. "Yes First Talon," Aegis responded with as much gusto as he could muster. He supposed he might've tried communicating what he was doing a bit better to Weavebreaker. If he'd had just a bit more time, the Thyrsus might have succumbed to the chokehold. Aegis could definitely feel he had just started to lag.

"I wouldn't mind picking up a bit more experience with Life as well," Aegis said, echoing Halo God knows he'd love to be able to put himself back together right now. "And while I'm not Hulk Hogan, I could teach you a few points for grappling and wrestling. If you'd be interested." Never too early to start earning favors.

Animus, Ariadne, and Halo are not right next to you, they are having their discussion on the other side of the room.

S
    Sabeleth

Halo gave Animus a self-deprecating smile. "Man there's no way my slide can get worse at this point. I'm off to get myself a personal trainer and a gym pass. But seriously, thanks for the offer, I may well take you up on that soon. First I need to get into something resembling shape.'

He looked at Ariadne and nodded. "I'll go check a few clubs out and let you know when I find one that isn't run by a jackass." His previous experience with combat instructors was that most were just jacked up on their own self-importance.

There was a faint smell in the air, and the Guardian slowly realised that it was his own singed flesh. "Oh yeah. Hey there Animus, any chance you could help me out with these burns?"

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Ritual Spells Active

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9
    Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

"Understood." Weavebreaker replies to Vae as she glances between all of them. The pain from her wounds still stung something fierce, but she lowers the towel away from her throat and heads back over to her gym bag. She knows she had lost a lot of blood, she can still see it all over the floor. Shaking her head softly she puts the bloody towel back into the bag.
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow
    Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Striking Looks ●● (Fierce)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Mana: Full
    WP: -2
    Vae
    Adamantine Arrow, ObrimosSentinel

Status (Culture) •
    Status (Emergency Services) • [Officer Gideon]
    ST INFO

PRE

Vaeltia looked at Weavebreaker 's throat.

It didn't look pretty.

"I'm assuming he took you out with that. You should go get him to help heal you, you might need to apologize though." she felt like she was repeating herself but, some lessons -- like humility needed to be relearned constantly.

"Don't worry about the blood, I can get it."

This thread will close tomorrow
    Speaking {0FAF0B} || Thinking {8340A8}

nimbus

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nothing had to be said. He could tell from the change in atmosphere that people were leaving soon. Which meant he had one more job to do.

Animus calls on the Supernal, opening his Sight to the ebb and flow of Life. He needed to know what he was working with. After a moment to take stock, he calls on the Wilds once again, soothing energy washing over injuries.

As the others' superficial wounds fade away, he takes a deep breath. He'd already felt the sting of the Abyss while fighting Aegis and Weavebreaker, and now it was only going to get worse.

Enough worse that he might not be standing afterwards. And if I drop before I finish ...

It was the last little nudge to stop ignoring his own wounds, mild as they were. The barest flicker of thought sends skin flaking and falling away. Anyone watching closely might notice the bruises from Samael's single well-placed strike fading away. They might also notice that the resonance flare usually associated with spellcraft is entirely absent.

One deep breath, then a second. It was time to face the Abyss. He turns to study Aegis and Weavebreaker for a moment, once again calling on the Wilds. But now, to those with Sight, the act of casting is accompanied by a lone wolf's mournful call. The network of scratches and cuts covering the Thyrsus' arms spreads to his legs and face, until he gives the appearance of having been dragged bodily through a patch of thorns. But despite the obvious pain he never wavers, chasing away the last of Weavebreaker's and Aegis' wounds.

A brief pause to survey his work, and the Thyrsus lowers himself unsteadily to sit on the floor, every movement bringing a wince of pain. As always, the cost had been paid. Through it all, he maintains a stony silence. At the moment, even the act of speaking would further aggravate raw nerves.

spellcasting, -5 mana, 'dox soaked as backlash
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-04-12 23:33:52 Animus rolls 8 to HH @Aegis (Gno+Lif-3) (10 Again) 10, 9, 9, 5, 7, 2, 1, 7, 4 3 successes
    2013-04-12 23:33:16 Animus rolls 8 to 'dox +5 (10 Again) 2, 8, 1, 4, 8, 2, 9, 1 3 successes
    2013-04-12 23:31:54 Animus rolls 7 to HH @Weave, Aegis (Gno+Lif-2-2) (10 Again) 7, 8, 6, 4, 7, 9, 5 2 successes
    2013-04-12 23:30:48 Animus rolls 7 to 'dox +4 (10 Again) 1, 6, 7, 10, 1, 7, 9, 3 2 successes
    2013-04-12 23:28:05 Animus rolls 13 to Sta+Ath+Lif (10 Again) 9, 7, 9, 8, 10, 9, 9, 7, 8, 7, 7, 6, 7, 8 8 successes
    2013-04-12 23:15:00 Animus rolls 9 to HH @Weave, Vae (Gno+Lif-2) (10 Again) 9, 9, 3, 8, 9, 10, 3, 10, 3, 10, 2, 5 7 successes
    2013-04-12 23:13:36 Animus rolls 7 to HH @Weave, Aegis, Vae, Halo (Gno+Lif-4) (10 Again) 5, 2, 3, 10, 7, 6, 8, 3 2 successes
    2013-04-12 23:12:42 Animus rolls 6 to remaining dice *sigh* (10 Again) 6, 2, 6, 7, 2, 7 failure
    2013-04-12 23:12:24 Animus rolls 1 to HH @Weave, Aegis, Vae, Halo (Gno+Lif-4) (10 Again) 9 1 success
    2013-04-12 23:11:08 Animus rolls 10 to remaining dice (10 Again) 9, 7, 4, 9, 6, 9, 6, 2, 9, 2 4 successes
    2013-04-12 23:10:49 Animus rolls 1 to Pulse (Gno+Lif) (10 Again) 8 1 success

Page 16 of 16 First ... 6 12 13 14 15 16
Closed Thread