Gnosis ••
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)
    Striking •• (Eccentric)
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Silver Ladder ••
    Sacramento ••

PRE

For the sake of argument, let's assume it is just now "Next Thursday" :P

Against the corner of the Shady Lady Saloon stands Warren Locke, adorned in a simple dark blazer, slacks, and a polo shirt. The leather boots do not quite explain the effects of his Mantle, but that is fine. One convenient effect of a crowd is the ability for sounds and smells to be concealed in the populous. The Ogre is not leaning; he rarely does. But the effect is similar. He appears to be at rest, and casually waiting for a friend to appear.

Glamour hides his true form to all eyes, this night. Only his shadow, freakishly broad and muscular, might reveal his Fae nature to those who can perceive such things. Then again, the angle of the light from the corner sign casts light at such a direct angle across the building's wall, surely that could be a trick of the light, right?

It is a matter of security. This is a public location, but it is unassociated with the Freehold and its officers. Prying eyes may not be friendly, and Locke will not be responsible for placing L'aire in danger.

For what it is worth, Locke is fairly recognizable to someone who is familiar with his Mask. His features are not as broadly stretched, and of course his flesh is the color of man's, but he still resembles the monstrous Witchtooth that he is.

-1 Glamour to harden the Mask

S
    Selena

L’aire at least had a mind to ask the other dance instructors if they’d heard of the Shady Lady Saloon. Because quite honestly, it sounded like a strip club. And yes, if she found out it was such, she would have stood Warren up and not bothered to call. The Fairest wasn’t that type of dancer. The Winter didn’t easily anger, but that was one of her hot buttons, hidden away. Her coworkers did, however, tell her that it had live music. She’d at least survey it for other purposes.

The dress the Fairest picked that night was just another thing in her closet. Sure, it was form fitting and accentuated all her curves if you could tell against the black of the dress. But to the Dancer, it was just another dress, yet something appropriate for the evening. What may have stood out, were the shoes on her feet. They too were black, but accented with rhinestones to draw attention to her feet. That was something she liked. After all, she was a Fairest Dancer.

Upon being dropped off by the cab, L’aire slowly walked up to the Saloon. Her violet eyes flicking this way and that. Damn, I should have asked where we were meeting here. She didn’t spot the Autumn Witchtooth anywhere in direct sight, so she figured he may be inside. The Fairest’s Mask looked very similar to her Mein. Her aquiline features softer and less distinguished, particularly her ears and nose. The glow of her skin turned into something more natural. Still to those other Lost, the snowy chill around her was ever present. With one last look around outside, L’aire headed into the bar. Which was like walking into a piece of the roaring 20’s history. Once inside, the Winter Fairest looked around the lobby area and other places she could see from there.

Whew, not a strip club. But she still didn’t see Warren.

1 Glamour for hardened mask

Dillon Connery
    Ixidor
    Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Potency •••••
    Protean • (Down in Elysium)
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good Looks)
    Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

Gnosis ••
    Striking •• (Eccentric)
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Silver Ladder ••
    Sacramento ••

PRE

Locke blinks as he is fairly certain he watches L'aire get out of a cab, look around cautiously, and walk straight into the place without so much as hint of recognition in his direction.

His large brow knits, and he quietly asks the empty space in front of him, "I am not that different like this, am I?"

Stepping away, and turning to face the wall where his shadow is cast, the physique of his true form is more obvious. It is hardly a mirror, but he knows how his Mask looks. The silhouette of the fallen Warlock looks like a picture re-sized on a computer; stretched horizontally, but not much taller.

You look like a ruddy fool, standing here talking to yourself while your 'date' is inside looking for you. Buffoon.

Sweeping one massive hand back through his hair as he heads for the door, Locke is no longer one hundred percent positive that was even L'aire. But who else could it have been? Mentally sharpening her features as she walked through his line of sight... adding the glow of freshly fallen snow... that maybe-chill that was surely more than the breeze of her passing... surely it was her.

Surely.

Either that, or Locke is about to top his prior foolishness by approaching a perfect stranger. Perhaps, with any fortune at all, she will not go straight for the pepper spray inside a public establishment.

Verbally diving in, the Ogre clears his throat when nearby. "Ah... is that you, Sasha?"

If nothing else, he might play it off as a case of mistaken identity. But for his sake, the Mask does nothing to the Witchtooth's voice. It is unmistakeable, and there are none quite like it.

S
    Sasha

A man had come in behind the Winter Fairest. She could smell the faint leather as he approached, and a creaking of leather. Really, it could have been anyone with a new leather jacket… but maybe not.

Something clicked, L’aire was so preoccupied by her inner thoughts, worried about the fact this place was a strip club and where she was meeting she didn’t really study the outside. Not to mention her head was in the clouds about someone. But there was that subconscious impression that she did see a man standing outside who was rather tall. Shit shit shit shit.

Pivoting in a quick whirl on her heel, the Fairest turned to see a man whose features had a familiarity to them. The presence felt the same, its intensity and noble air. The way his eyes set along with his nose, the resemblance now was hard to deny. And right when L’aire heard his familiar voice she scolded herself. Which was fairly obvious as her hand rose to her lips covering her dropped jaw. Whispering through her hand. “Oh my god.” Nodding to his question of her name. “Yes, Warren it is.”

God I was so careless. That could have been someone else out there. It was in that moment, the Winter knew about precautions that were more than just keeping on the move. It was about watching every move.

Finally removing her hand fully, she still spoke softly. “I’m so sorry, I should have clarified where around this place we were meeting.” Though the Dancer’s voice may have wavered, the lithe Fairest’s body showed no signs of nerves or her stupidity. “I guess I expected you to be inside.”

Dillon Connery
    Ixidor
    Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

Gnosis ••
    Striking •• (Eccentric)
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Silver Ladder ••
    Sacramento ••

PRE

"My fault," the Ogre says easily, as soon as L'aire is finished speaking. His hands are still in his pockets, and there is merely a tightening of his cheek on one side by the corner of his mouth to suggest a forgiving smile. Yet, there is something indescribable in his tone of voice, even with just those two words, that conveys a good-natured intention of letting the matter go. He might as well have scoffed and made a waving gesture to ward off the misunderstanding.

But then, if Locke ever actually got that animated, anyone who knows him would probably faint.

"I thought it would be interesting to wait until you got here before seeing the place, and experience a natural reaction from both of us.

"Probably should have mentioned that sooner."

Try not to act so glad that she even showed up.

"So," eyes that appear to be cool blue take a quick gander around. Most of the nightly crowd has not arrived yet, and the live music does not start until nine. "Thoughts, so far?"

S
    Sasha

L’aire felt guilty, and ridiculous for a number of reasons. Mainly because she was careless. That won’t happen again. “I should have checked.” Nodding to Warren’s apology, but she said it out loud more for herself than anything. Which was apparent in her tone.

Shaking her head a little, the tendrils of her blonde hair cascading along her neck. “Not all is lost. I didn’t actually look around yet. I was busy looking for you.” Shrugging one shoulder, her jacket still concealed her dress thus far.

As the Winter Fairest surveyed the decorum, she noted things like the red wallpaper or the lighting off to the side. How dark it was in comparison to some other places. Although most clubs were generally dark. “It looks very 1920’s. Like stepping into the past.” Softly laughing. “Or from what I’ve seen in a few movies.”

Then her eyes caught something else that most people threw away. “Oh, and hardwood floors.” The violet eyed Dancer was very happy to see that. Something about the way shoes could be heard on hardwood. Easy to follow steps of a partner, and she loved to hear the click of her heels.

Dillon Connery
    Ixidor
    Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

Gnosis ••
    Striking •• (Eccentric)
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Silver Ladder ••
    Sacramento ••

PRE

Locke continues his appraisal as L'aire does, letting the mix up about their arrival go without another word. He nods thoughtfully to her assessment, or that is, he nods as much as he does to anything. "The pictures hanging in the corner back there seem to suggest actual... Shady Ladies." There is a bit of amusement in his tone again, at that. At least the images were tasteful enough to be suggestive, without being vulgar.

"And I suppose the idea of this seating area is charming," a hand lifts barely more than the forefinger attached to it in order to point to the couch and chairs nearby, "but it is directly facing the door. I think it would be impossible for me to actually relax there, facing the street, and with people filing in and out all night."

Clearly, it is just a set piece. A presentation, by which patrons are put on display for photo opportunities and the establishment's general posterity.

"Perhaps I should have worn a fedora,"
    the large Ogre comments dryly, belatedly, in response to L'aire's mention of the twenties feel. About the hardwood floors, he can only inquire. "What about the floor? Are you admiring the character of the rich, dark stain, as I am? Or is there something more?"

The hand lifts away from his side again, in a silent gesture for the Fairest to designate a more comfortable place for them to linger if she wishes. Locke can stand wherever, but he tries not to fail too hard at being courteous.

S
    Sasha

The Fairest wasn’t really naοve but it was too easy to let a little joke slide by as she looked at the paintings. “So… did you bring me to a house of ill repute?” Her tone whimsical till she asked with a bob of her head toward the ladies. “If is that what this place was at one time?” L’aire obviously didn’t know anything about the location, nor did she check into it before hand. Although she was sure it was just pictures and nothing more.

“I get the feeling that it’s more of a lobby or waiting section.” The Dancer pivoted and looked to where Warren was indicating. When the Ogre mentioned he couldn’t relax, L’aire asked perhaps without thinking. “Do people... bother you?”

To the Witchtooth’s next observation, she quickly added, considering she may have tried to avoid the fact she asked the other question. “No, I didn’t really look that deeply into its color.” Shaking her head while her blonde locks flowed around. “I just enjoy dancing on a wood floor. The resonating sound as movement happens upon it. How the click of a woman’s heels sounds more musical and rich versus hollow in other places. Or that there’s an extra spring to it while dancing; something not found on concrete or tiled flooring.” There may have been memories attached to her tone as she went on about the qualities that were important to her. From the way L’aire described it, it was as if the Dancer could spring into step right there.

A smirk moved over the corners of her lips. “A fedora may have been a nice touch?” Adding to the Autumn’s pondering.

Dillon Connery
    Ixidor
    Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

Gnosis ••
    Striking •• (Eccentric)
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Silver Ladder ••
    Sacramento ••

PRE

Locke frowned slightly at the thought of the establishment's former identity. "It is entirely possible, I suppose. It might be interesting to look up, sometime." He had not given it any real consideration. He had went out on a limb looking for an interesting place to meet with the Fairest outside of any business or Freehold setting.

From her suddenly personal question, the Autumn Ogre does not shy. Though L'aire may have been eager to speed past it, Locke is willing to answer.

"'Bother' is not quite the word, I suppose,"
    he offers simply. The deep tone of his voice is thoughtful, but perhaps a little analytical as well. "I am accustomed to being on high alert around people I do not know. And the constant activity near an establishment's door holds my attention in that way.

"It has been an impossible habit to break."

But one that served him well commanding Din's armies. They were so vast that no encampment could be truly secure. Every being he did not recognize could be an assassin in waiting.

Back in the present now, Locke takes in L'aire's explanation on the wood floor as a superior surface to dance on. The realization comes to him easier than he would have thought, and he follows her statement almost directly with his own.

"Life."

It is fairly matter of fact, but he obviously means what he is saying. "This wood was once alive, and the response to life is there still. You do not get the same feel from carpet or stone."

How poetic.

Not to say stone is incapable of life. But less so on this side of The Hedge.

As for the fedora... he almost smiles. "I was unsure just how dedicated to the theme other patrons might be. Then again, I tend to stand out a bit regardless, so I expect adding a hat would have done nothing to exacerbate that fact."

S
    Sasha

“Yeah, it would be something to look up. Or we could simply ask I guess.” L’aire said with a little hesitation because it really wasn’t that important at the moment. Although this was a good indication she should get a computer sometime. Granted she’d probably mainly use it for YouTube like she did at the studio.

The Winter was a little surprised Locke answered her question. When the Ogre explained she wondered if there was an underlying reason for it other than Gentry. Then again, that would have been the simpliest explination. “Yes, that is something to be aware of.” Like I needed a reminder that I completely didn’t pay attention outside. Wasn’t the Witchtooth’s fault, but solely her own. “So like a guardian of sorts?” Turning her head upward to the tall gentleman near her.

Turning back to look the floor as Warren said ‘life’ the Dancer realized something about what he said. “Maybe that’s why I like it so much. It gives motion more life.” Agreeing with the Ogre’s reasoning. “Dancing on carpet doesn’t work very well.” She giggled while she recalled snagging a heel on it once…or twice.

“Well, they may not do it all the time. Although I’m betting there’s a few days that cater to that genre.” Grinning in wonder of how that would be a fun thing to attend. L’aire could concur about standing out… a lot. The Dancer was well aware she stood out and caught the attention of others, albeit sometime unwanted.

“Do you suppose we should find a table in there?” Pointing in the direction of the main part of the establishment. The Dancer could see couples on the floor and some sitting at the tables with drinks in front of them. "Oooh, dance floor is wood too!" She quietly exclaimed like she was given a piece of expensive chocolate or something that was a decadent rare treat.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread