Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Working Girl, At The Lily

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Striking Looks 4 (graceful, Alluring)
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani walks around the floor, watching the waitresses and customers with an eye of apathy. It wasn't that she disliked working here, it was that being around kine for too long made her edgy. For one thing, she could hear their hearts beating in their fragile chests. She could see the pulse in their neck, pounding against the thin layers of skin, fighting to flow freely. And she was too dammed uncomfortable to feed from any of them.

She stopped by a table here and there, greeting guests and shaking hands, asking if they were enjoying themselves or if there was anything else they might need. All the while a bright and enthusiastic smile plastered on her face. She wonders how Daeva could do it all the time and act as if it was nothing special. The almost constant socializing was something she just could not do every night. That is why she only worked four times a week. She told Asa she would work at the Lily, set up an office here, a base of operations of sorts. She also told him she needed her solitude sometimes and since she was the "owner" she did not have to work every night, nor would she.

Ishani stops at another table, with more customers, more shaking of hands and more fake smiles and apathetic pleasentries. After conversing with the blood bags for a few minutes, she moves on to an empty table and has a seat. She motions for one of the girls to get her a drink and takes a moment of semi-solitude to watch the room.
    Presence 3
    Striking Looks (Graceful, Alluring) 4
    Mask of Tranquility

It had been a few nights since he had bothered with the whole being acknowledged thing but it was an essential and necessary part of proceedings if Billy wanted to get ahead and locate his trophy here in Sacramento.

What were we if we did not follow rules?

And so, it was for this reason he found himself at the establishment called the Gilded Lily. It seemed to call specifically to his Ventrue nature, a place of cigars and brandy, to wile away the wee hours before the coming dawn. Billy grins as he enters, his weapons stowed safely away in his Jeep, another necessary procedure in this den of socializing. It did however make Billy quite uncomfortable.

If trouble occured, he would be powerless until he make a tactical retreat.

Heading to the bar, he scans the area and makes sure his face is flush and his body in some state of normality to the kine around him.

Flush of life

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani feels a weaker beast enter the Lily. She sits up and looks around, trying to pick the beast out of the crowd, but the room is jam packed with people.

Well, I guess it isn't a bad thing that the place is popular.

She stands and begins to walk around the room again. She considers dropping her mask, but does not want to startle the weaker predator. Instead, she continues to move around the room, greeting customers and smiling. She tries to feel the direction of the other beast as she goes.
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

Wearing a simple linen shirt and thin black tie, Billy smiles to the bartender and orders himself a brandy, swilling it around the glass before taking in the scent deeply and letting it arouse his senses.

The one thing he misses as a mortal was the taste of a damn fine liquor.

Paying the man, Billy settles down with the glass in his hand and scans the crowd, observing some beautiful women roaming the club. If only he had more time, he would have gone shopping for something slightly more fashionable. He chuckles as he thinks back to his first telephone conversation with Staley, and mistaking 'fashion' with 'formal'.

Sean
    Sean

PRE

Sean enters the Lily, feeling like the bandit entering the saloon in some spaghetti western - even if the place didn't suddenly go silent and everyone didn't turn to look at him or run for the door.

He liked this place, though he might have changed the name if he'd had his druthers. The Gilded Lily sounded like something some Daeva muckety-muck would come up with. Don't mistake Sean, he loved Daeva, often, usually as many times as they'd let him. That didn't mean he didn't think that they weren't silly ditzes and cocksure assholes most of the time. Lots of flesh in this place, though, a lot of it soaking itself in alcohol. One could feed, bust a nut, and catch a buzz in no time around these parts.

He walks around, grinning at the sheer volume of smokin hot ass in the place. He stops, suddenly, in front of Billy's spot at the bar. He sniffs the air, as if he can smell Beast's odor in the air. He turns on the heel of his polished black combat boot, and turns his savage grin on Billy. He hops up into the chair beside Billy

"Hello there, little beastie." He says to him.

"Little. Beastie?" Each word spoken was an insult and loaded with .50 cal surety. He really wanted to unleash his Beast but he was raised better than to fall to simple pride. "Son, you should respect your elders, or were you not around during the original punk movement?"

Sean
    Sean

PRE

Sean laughs "I'm always hearing assholes going around talking about 'The Original Movement.' Fuck that shit. I come from San Francisco, dead since New Years Eve 1982. If they came out of California in the last twenty years I've probably seen em. I used to sell heroin to Darby Crash, and I did coke with the Dead Kennedys after a show in '81. I know I'm the shit, and I don't need anyone else to tell me what's up."

He grins at him "Anyway, nothing personal about the little beastie thing. I'm just joshin. The name's Sean." Sean extends a hand at the end of a scarred tattooed arm to Billy, for shakes.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani walks over to the bar, having felt yet another predator enter her establishment and immediately pin-points Mr. I Stick Out Like A Sore But Colorful Thumb. She glides over to the two "gentleman" and gives a polite smile to each.

"Evening gentleman, welcome to the Gilded Lily. I trust your stay will be a quiet but enjoyable one."
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

Sean
    Sean

PRE

Sean turns, and his jaw nearly drops like he's a Tex Avery cartoon. Holy shit he thinks when he sees Ishani talking to them. He revolves on the stool, grinning at her. "Well, hey there. I haven't seen you in here before, but if you work here then it makes me wonder that I'm not blind to have neglected to notice someone who looks so beautiful. Quiet and enjoyable? Of course! Though, I've always thought things were much more fun when one is allowed to be good and loud. For you, though, I'll be quiet as a church-mouse on Sunday. So will my friend here, we promise. How about you tell us your name?" Sean grins and gestures to a seat next to them at the bar, kicking out the stool with a booted foot.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani raises her eyebrows at the response, not quite sure what to say. These kindred must be knew not to know her on sight. Should she play along? Or set them straight first?

I'll play along and see where this might lead me. If they have not heard my name already, but we'll see.

She smiles and takes the offered stool, sitting with her posture erect and still keeping an eye on the rest of the room. Although, how much trouble mortals could get themselves into here was nothing compared to the amount of trouble these two could potentially cause.

"Ishani Naetesh, please to meet you....?" She extends a slender hand to Sean.
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread