Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Parks, Hobos, Turtles...WTF Is Going On?

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Continued from here. Glamour and WP pools remain unchanged from the previous scene

Leaving Jane and her grandfather behind, the group of Lost headed out of the pizza parlor back in the direction of Robla Community Park. It was at that park where they had felt an odd sensation, some strange feeling none of them could truly explain. Perhaps they would be able to do a more thorough investigation now that they were on their own, or at least speak freely about what the meaning of the strange graffiti may be. While their time spent with the ensorcelled girl and her grandfather may have left them with more questions, they had at least a couple of clues they could follow up on. Who knows, maybe they would run into this Milo guy around these parts, or at least someone who also knew him.

As the group finally made it to the park, the sun was beginning to set. There was a sign that stated clearly that the park was to be closed after dark, so that only gave the group an hour at most. Well, it wasn't like they couldn't continue to investigate after the park hours were over, but that meant running the risk of getting caught by some park police officer or something of the sort. Regardless, the skies above them were beginning to darken, which would make any investigation more difficult if they didn't hurry up...

Mary Lee
    Mary Lee

PRE

Fearless in the face of theoretically irate park service personnel, Mary strolls into the park and looks around to see if anything is 'off.'

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-04 18:59:11 Mary "Pumpkin" Lee rolls 4 to Wits+Investigation (10 Again) 3, 7, 3, 3 failure

m
    miniatureian

Terra moves her car closer to the park. Also grabbing a jacket in case the weather cools off without the sun beating down. Getting out and stretching, she jogs over to Mary. "I want to experiment, but I'm not so good at science. Maybe there's a map of the park, we can figure out where the 'boundries' of the feeling are, and then look in the middle of that?"

She looks around for a station that would have some information about the park.

ooc

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Presence •••• (Entertaining)
    Striking Looks •• (Contagious Smile)
    Fame ••
    Mantle ••• (distant laughter)

Mask
    Brown hair, kind brown eyes, good-looking and quick to smile.
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien
    Tall lanky with alabaster skin save for a stiff brownish mask-like face glowing yellow eyes and mouth. Thick locks of brown hair imitate a jester's cap in shape.

PRE

Heath wasn't a coward, necessarily, but he did have a problem telling jokes properly in the dark at night while trespassing. Still, it wasn't like they'd get in super big trouble, maybe pay a fine or a night in a cell. It wasn't like they were drug dealers and he could always call his agent for bail like the last time he got in trouble.

"Yeah, well, let's just make this quick, whatever we do." After all he didn't want his reputation to be sullied now that he'd moved to a new city. "So what exactly do we do? Should we just walk around like human dowsing rods until we pick up the source?" He used the word human rather loosely and looked between the others for an answer. "Do you think that feeling is affecting regular people? It didn't seem to bother Jane or her grandpa, or maybe they're used to it? Or maybe whatever's causing it doesn't want us involved and it's a sort of warning?" All Heath could do was spout out suggestions, hoping one would he helpful.

Looking at Duncan he asked, "Was there anything else about that turtle design you couldn't tell us before?"

Duncan looked around once they had made it back to the park, trying to spot anything out of the ordinary. When Heath asked him about the picture, the Constable turned to address the Minstrel with a firm nod. "Before Larry took off, he told me that the symbol may have some occult meaning or something," he said in response, addressing the group as a whole. "He said that the black turtle is a symbol in Asian cultures, associated with a variety of things, including the season of Winter." He paused for a moment, trying to recall some of the other things the Summer Wizened had said in regards to the design. "He said something about it being called the Black Warrior of the North," he added after a moment's consideration.

The Snowskin then turned to Terra to address her idea. "I'm no scientist either, but before I met up with you all the first time, I noticed the strange feeling too," he said to the Mirrorskin. "I actually felt something similar in the abandoned building where Larry and I found the graffiti, so when I noticed it here, I walked around the place for a bit before meeting up with you guys." Duncan paused for a moment before adding, "you can feel it all over the park."

If you wish to make some sense out of the things he said about the turtle drawing, feel free to roll Int+Occult-5

miniatureian , the season is the current season...so Autumn. Remember, non-sticky threads happen IC when they close, not when they are started

Mary Lee
    Mary Lee

PRE

The possibly-Asian walking encyclopedia nods to Duncan's remarks on symbolism. "Yup, that's about right. Chinese tradition associates colors, directions, animals, emotions, attitudes, et c., with everything generally grouped in one of 5 categories. Center-ward is considered as valid a direction as North, South, East, and West. But if that were the case, we might expect to find other symbols, perhaps. A red bird on the south side or some such? Was the turtle written in black paint each time? With a northern exposure or significance?"

m
    miniatureian

Terra looks bemused at Mary's analysis, though she couldn't say one way or the other herself. Figuring things out had never been her strong suit. "Are we sure it's of asian origin at all? I mean, turtles live everywhere except Antartica. I'm sure it looks more like a native american design."

dram fail
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-09 10:02:03 Terra rolls 1 to chance (10 Again) 1 failure

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Presence •••• (Entertaining)
    Striking Looks •• (Contagious Smile)
    Fame ••
    Mantle ••• (distant laughter)

Mask
    Brown hair, kind brown eyes, good-looking and quick to smile.
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien
    Tall lanky with alabaster skin save for a stiff brownish mask-like face glowing yellow eyes and mouth. Thick locks of brown hair imitate a jester's cap in shape.

PRE

Nothing to Contribute, fail
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-09 18:29:19 Heath rolls 1 to know anything relating to what Duncan is talking about [Int+Occ-5] (10 Again, Chance) 9 failure
    Heath scratches his head thoughtfully, causing locks of hair to bob up and down. He thought he could have caught a word or two like that on television but the memory escaped him utterly. "Huh, well I guess I'll take Larry's word for it," he said uncertainly. Heath had thought Larry was more about mechanics than Asian culture, but perhaps the man had more surprises up his sleeve. He had only known him for a short time anyways.

"Well, even with that much to go on I still think our best bet is to just walk around and hone in on wherever it feels weirdest and most unpleasant. Then at least we can see what's causing these negative vibes."

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread