31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Breakfast at the Boarding House

(2110) Eternal Court
Oct 1, 2021 - Oct 29, 2021
(2110) Seating area around Jennifer
Oct 8, 2021 - Oct 25, 2021
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Betony noticed the look on Derek's face. She had seen it many times on the faces of her patient's other gang members or companions. She enjoyed it and this case was no different. Perhaps now he would see just how brutal she could be. Save himself and distance himself from her.
    Though that was comforting to think, the chance that it might happen saddened her as she wrapped the scarf around again to hold some ice in place to numb the skin. It felt like stinging frozen air on her eyes. She hated Derek for that feeling.
    She tucked in the cloth securely. It would have to be changed and washed soon.

After 20 minutes, Samuel's muscles are beginning to respond to Betony Rue's treatment. Tears begin streaming down the little boy's face, although he makes no sound. He slowly reaches up a hand to wipe them away.

Realizing what he's doing, he looks at Betony and smiles brightly, and then starts trying out his other formerly-frozen muscles. He's especially happy when he finds that he can wiggle his toes again, and he beams to Derek and Grr, and slowly points to them. His happiness is so profound that it's almost visible, and it fills the entire apartment of the Boarding House.

Grrface registers the boy's happiness and a warmth fills him that's much fuzzier and pleasant than the normal raging fire within his soul. The smoldering wrath Grrface feels, constantly beneath the surface, is chased away by the light of the little boy's joy at regaining his movement. He tightens his arm on the boy's shoulder, squeezing affectionately, basking in the feeling of the moment.

Harvest Glamour

He feels his body fill with the mystical stuff of the fae, drawing from the child's relief and happiness.

Betony's expression did not change. The happiness was hollow. This was only a temporary relief. He just didn't understand that. It was only a couple days, possibly more, possibly less but he would turn to wax again. His ignorance poisoned the feeling. Made it sour and spoil. She motioned for the others to come away while the boy explored his renewed mobility.
    "The source of the affliction must still be treated," she said. If he was still mute, which it seemed he might be, that might still be difficult. "Until then we must focus on keeping the environment perdictable, free of pressures, and if we can, choices as they can cause undo stress. Understand." She looked into each of their eyes to make sure they comprhended her seriousness.
    She broke from the circle and went back to the child.
    "Kincaid boy," she said simply, testing his verbal awareness and possibly speech.

Samuel turned his head toward the Scary Lady, and looked at her, still smiling.

It looked like he was still mute.
    "I'm the Jasons woman," she said, giving her 'title'. She couldn't afford getting to close to this boy if she was going to be caring for him.
    "This is Mr. Noble and Mr. Koskov," she went on indicating the two men.
    "We heard you and some other children were missing. We came looking and found you and the Crandall girl." She paused not wanting to overwhelm him with information right away.

Samuel simply nods. Missing. Found.

The boy's smile angered her.
    "I'm unsure how long you'll be here. We will try to get you home as soon as possible but we want to make sure it's safe for you there." Betony Rue's eyes darted to Mr. Koskov for a second.
    "Until then I will be caring for you, along with Mr. Noble and Mr. Koskov when they can. Keeping you safe and well."

Like many modern children, Samuel has learned basic sign language as a very young baby/toddler. He makes the sign for "thank you" with one hand. His eyes flicker again; it is clear that he is exhausted. Sam points to Derek, and then cups a hand around one ear. He wants Derek to sing him to sleep.

Everyone is dead on their feet, please make sleeping arrangements, and then we will close this thread out and re-open a new one with an early evening time frame. You can use this time to increase your numbers with new helpers, or to try to get Al-Adin back.

((Moving things along while DD is out))

Derek smiled and went over behind Betony Rue and placed a hand on her arm. He felt her muscle twitch slightly like she intended to bring a fist up into his nose but she consented to the touch.

Words are flying out like
    endless rain into a paper cup
    They slither while they pass
    They slip away across the universe
    Pools of sorrow waves of joy
    are drifting thorough my open mind
    Possessing and caressing me

Jai guru deva om
    Nothing's gonna change my world

Images of broken light which
    dance before me like a million eyes
    That call me on and on across the universe
    Thoughts meander like a
    restless wind inside a letter box
    they tumble blindly as
    they make their way across the universe

He squeezed slightly on her shoulder and Betony Rue turned to him her eyes narrowing for a second. He returned it calmly despite knowing she likely wanted to eviserate him right now and gave a subtle indication for him to join him. Samuel needed to feel comfortable around her and it might help. Her brow furrowed but she seemed to understand as her expression slipped back to its normal seriousness and she turned back to the Kincaid child.

Jai guru deva om Jai guru deva om
    Nothing's gonna change my world Nothing's gonna change my world

Her voice, had a smoky melancoly texture and while not entirely unpleasant it did sound unused to the task at hand.

Sounds of laughter shades of life
    are ringing through my open ears
    exciting and inviting me
    Limitless undying love which
    shines around me like a million suns
    It calls me on and on across the universe