Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2110) Seating area around Jennifer

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Aug 31, 2009 : Breakfast at the Boarding House
Oct 1, 2021 : (2110) Eternal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

“If someone wishes to speak more in depth, perhaps we best sit.” Jennifer suggested with her voice that crackled like a serpent moving over dead autumn leaves. The Nosferatu moved off to the seated area and took a seat.
    If one wishes to follow Jennifer, she has taken a seat in the seated area where one can best watch the other attendees of Elysium. Like watching dangerous predators of the sea circle beneath the surface...
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Of course, Madame." He says to Wei Lin. "I certainly hope you find Sacramento to be as fruitful for you as it is for me."

The haunt bows deeply to Alessandra as she enters, the beast with her causing him to give a wider berth than he usually would. With that out of the way, he moves over to the seating area near Jennifer and takes a seat, not wanting to leave his Mentor when there were plenty of opportunities to prove himself worthy of moving through Manumission. "Seems to be a great deal happening tonight." ​He says to the Lady Notary.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer glanced around the room. Her eyes briefly resting on Madame Wood, Mr. Wells and Dirt Nap. Warm brown eyes return to Connor.

"Yes, I am a bit curious what's going on over there. Could be good."

Stability was good. The leaders of the other Covenants being pleasant with one another, even if they were not friends. Although, did they have the numbers to impact stability?

"Our cousins are not here. Early in the night, I suppose. didn't have a chance to attend the last Court. Did you have a chance to? Anything interesting?"

Jennifer has made a note of who's present, and who isn't.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"It could be." He says briefly, watching the goings on between the 3 covenant heads. Or it could spell disaster for the First Estate.

His attention turns back to the Priscus as she mentions attending court last month "I apologize, I had already had my month booked solid before being given the role of Whip; unfortunately I was unable to attend. I have freed all future schedules to allow for attendance in the future though. It sounds like there were some talks between Madame Wei Lin," he says, offering the new Kindred the same respect he had offered Maeve, "and Mr. Nap. Potentially another member of the Dragons, per chance?"
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer glanced to Connor for a beat. Quiet for a moment. Comfortable in the silence. She gives a small nod, acknowledging that she has heard what he has said, yet does not disagree with him. She does not immediately respond verbally. The Nosferatu takes a moment to look over the room. The Priscus of the Mekhet with Vincenzo. The new Daeva talking to - as far as she knew - the unacknowledged Daeva.
    "The faceless masses are stepping out, making themselves heard." She says quietly as she looks to Ms. Sánchez and Mr. Jake. Jennifer keeps her tone neutral, not a commentary on how she feels about the turn of events. Perhaps the void of Kowalsic and his childe, the others have stepped in to see if there was a void?

Her eyes move to Connor.
    “I felt the same way, last month. Many pulls on my time. Although I was thinking you and I should talk in a few nights. We likely have a few months until the next First Estate meeting.”
    She does not directly mention the letters.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor sits in silence with the Priscus. Watching the ebb and flow of conversations in the room. His eyes linger slightly on Quinn speaking with the marred Ventrue. This is the Vincenzo he'd heard about during his time scouting for rumors. Only when Jennifer breaks the silence does he speak. "I spoke with a few of them last month. As much as I respect you, though, I'm not entirely sure what details I can spare as to why I spoke with them. Once I'm more aware of the nature of certain situations, I will fill you in. Don't worry though, everything is under the direct supervision of the Seneschal." He says, wanting to make sure she knew he isn't breaking any laws in his spare time.

Then she mentions speaking with him, and he says the onky thing he needs to. "I will clear my schedule, let me know when the best time is for you, and I will be there."
    The Vanishing:

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer looks at Connor for a moment.
    "Excellent. Let us meet at the Caldarium the evening after next then, early in the evening."

No reference made to the intriquing information he may have. No reason to share everything.
    "Have you given any thought to the matter about using the Caldarium?"

The idea of using the Caldarium as a meeting place with those outside of the Nosferatu Clan, although it was possible to discuss it in terms that do not indicate the true topic of conversation.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Understood, Lady Notary." He responds, using her Invictus title due to the nature of the meeting they're discussing. He is curious about what else he needs to know to progress through manumission, but he'll find out soon enough.

He looks to Jennifer for the briefest of moments. Is she talking about the potential meeting with the Mekhet, or just in general? The best course of action is to answer for both. "I trust two-thirds of our potential visitors. The other can be kept in line, I'm sure. As far as using it for meetings in general. I believe it may defeat the purpose of certain safety measures to meet the greater populace there. At the end of the day, however, it isn't my call."
    The Vanishing:

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

The Lady turns her head, her peripheral vision having spotted motion on the staircase. Seneschal Jack was given a deep curtsy - a similar vein to the Archon Twist. Held to the perfect point to establish her deep respect. She rose and gave a smile to Jack at the deep nod he bid her.

Jennifer inclines her head slightly, thinking. There was so much to go over before he would be ready for Manumission. Given what had happened with Ms. Black, she was not about to rush a single step. It was a good thing that there tended to be months between the gatherings. Even now, Jennifer was envisioning Connor attending his first Swearing Ceremony. The last Swearing Ceremony had seemed to stretch from the first darkness to nearly dawn, impossibly long. Bits of it had certainly seemed to stretch longer than one could imagine in a single night. Yet Jennifer had been pleased with most of the outcome, seeing the unity of the Invictus.

" We will take time to address each topic with care." She states in her Cursed voice, her voice a serpent slithering over crumbling autumn leaves. "I know it can seem like a lot, and some aspects more difficult than others. It all comes together to serve a purpose. "
    She is non specific, tailoring her reply to not even mention various aspects that they could discuss. Some might try and advocate for the First Estate with subterfuge in a conversation. She had seen it done before. Yet she did not want to be insincere. She was one who valued honesty and directness, when one was able to do so.
    "Two thirds. That many." She smiles slightly. That answer was rather nice, honest and to the point. "I had met with the one before to go over ettiquette. A rather nice conversation, honestly. Although I have been lax in following up like I intended to. Madame Bellemy was in attendance as well. I do so love to hear her thoughts. I only wish we could see more of her.
    "The greater populace certainly has no business in the jewel of our Necropolis. Yet I do think this is important. Later, I shall detail why, if you wish."
    Jennifer fell silent for a moment, going over Connor's word choices. Her ears were also checking into conversations going on around the two Nosferatu. Even while her shoulders faced Connor and her warm brown eyes were meeting his. A gesture of trust.

So many interesting conversations. More folks had come out of the faceless mass than she had originally thought now that she was noting who was speaking with whom. It made her think about the open role of Reeve and Deputy now that there was potential for more conflict. No doubt some would want to seize the positions for various reasons. Power was a siren song.

"Regarding the upcoming meeting: I do wonder what we all have in common. Have you any thoughts on topics?
    On a somewhat related note, I am laying out plans to create a gathering place that is removed from our Haven. It would likely take some time to set up properly. I have spoken to Mr. Northbridge about my idea and he had some insightful ideas. Have you had a chance to speak with Mr. Northbridge?"
    She inquired.
    "I am still deciding on the overall theme... I believe a Salon, where one can speak on all sorts of matters. Perhaps give lectures and share information."

If it was possible. Some guard their niches of carefully curated information or skills like an irritated honey badger.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Seeing Jennifer stand, Connor looks in the same direction as the Priscus. Noticing the Seneschal himself, the Haunt rises and bows deeply to him, though not nearly as deep as to the Prince. He wonders if Jack noticed that he was wearing the gift given during Connor's first Invictus meeting as an unspoken sign of respect. After a few heartbeats, Connor rises from the bow and turns his attention back to Jennifer.

"I would expect nothing less than devout care being given to each topic." He replies, his accent hanging lightly on every word spoken. "I have every bit of confidence that I will understand what needs to be understood. I have an excellent mentor, after all." His mind wanders slightly, remembering his first time going through Manumission many, many years ago in a place clear across the country. What would be different? What would be the same? He would find out soon enough.

"You are already aware of my time spent with Priscus Durant. Pastor Wells and I have found common ground, some experiences from our past that explain to each other why we do the things we do."
    His eyes wander slightly, stopping for a moment at each individual conversation. In doing so he spots Mr. Hoyle, whom he had spoken to before the voyage into Arkwright cemetery; The haunt gives a nod of recognition to Mr. Hoyle, leaving himself open to being approached if Mr. Hoyle desired conversation. He is reminded him of some information he needs to share. "Ah, there may or may not be some visitors coming to see you. Family, so to speak, who were abandoned and left to their own devices. They're rough around the edges but I believe that, with some instruction, they will do well within the domain. They dwell on the outskirts of the Domain."

His Emerald eyes find the Autumnal eyes staring at him. "The clarity and peace of mind the jewel gives us is wasted if we keep ourselves closed off and refuse to use it." He says vaguely, though not so vague as to say he doesn't understand the point of having the Caldarium to begin with. "As far as topics for the meeting go, no, I feel having topics during informal meetings makes them feel forced. If we wish to foster trust between the two families, it's important that we let conversation flow naturally. I can tell you who I feel certain members of each family will gravitate toward, though."

His eyes once again scan the room as Milton's name is brought up. "I regret that I have not had the time to speak to Mr. Northbridge one on one, though his decorum leads me to believe that it won't be long before I see him sitting at a table with us." He says, once again being intentionally vague. "You're speaking, of course, about the Salons of Italy and France? It's an interesting idea. I heard all about them from my Sire; he was from France originally, though they were a relatively new idea in France when he came to America."
    The Vanishing:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread