11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Breakfast at the Boarding House

(2110) Eternal Court
Oct 1, 2021 - Oct 29, 2021
(2110) Seating area around Jennifer
Oct 8, 2021 - Oct 25, 2021
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

"Them staying here is one of the ways we are ensuring they not be taken again," Derek can hear she sounds a little annoyed at him. However, she uncharacteristically lowers her voice and moves and short distance away from the children.
    "Their house are where they were kiddnapped before. We need to ensure they will be safe. Right now that means finding the child or children that summoned the Bagman."
    She turned to include Mr. Koskov in the conversation. "Since you deal with children perhaps you could see to that?" Betony Rue winced.

"You want me to try and find the children who summoned the Bagman? I'll do what I can, but children tend to keep to themselves - particularly around adults. I think there might be only so much I'd be able to accomplish there."

"I'll keep my eye out at school, watch the behavior of the kids in my classes, specifically when I mention the case of these missing children."

"I might be able to get some of the kids to talk to me too. Some of them, the younger ones especially, seem to trust me."

For good reason. I would die before I hurt them

He looks at Derek and Betony to see what they thought of the ideas.

PRE

"Sounds good to me," Derek says "Maybe we can get Al-Adin back on this, too, to talk to some of the kids. He did pretty well with that before, and he's got a way with kids."

"I thought the same thing, but he sounded like he was really against us not taking these kids home. I didn't think we'd see him for a while after that. It'd be great if he came back, and was willing to talk to the kids, though."

Everyone digs into a quick breakfast. Betony Rue continues to keep an eye on the two children. Samuel's eyes focus on the bagels, and then at Derek. Then back on the bagels.

Betony noticed the interest the Kincaid child had in the bagel. Without saying anything she took one of them, brought it over, and took a seat next to the bed. She tore off a small chunk. If the boy was aware enough to indicate he wanted food he should be able to chew it on his own. Even so, she made sure the bite was little larger than a quarter. She held it up to the child, waiting expectantly for him to open his mouth. She held her gaze on his eyes, her serious expression letting him know she intended to wait patiently as long as needed so he had better hurry up.

Grrface crunches into toasted bagel, cream cheese getting into his black fur. He watches Betony walk over to sit with the boy, and he frowns into his bagel when he considers the seriousness of her expression. She knew how to care for people when they were ailing, that much was obvious, but she could at least look as if she cared. He imagined that it might be impossible for her, in which case he felt nothing but pity for the woman. He would be sure to smile at the boy enough, in the future, for himself and to make up for the coldness of Betony Rue's demeanor.

Samuel looks longingly at the piece of bagel, and with great effort opens his mouth a bit, looking like a baby bird waiting to be fed. He is hungry enough that Betony's expression doesn't faze him.

Betony Rue can see that even this small amount of movement is exhausting for him, and that he is trying very hard to do as she asks.

That he was able to make himself move was a good sign. It meant he had the will to do so, just not the strength. If simply opening his mouth took this much effort though, chewing an entire bagle bite by bite would surely exhuast him to the point he might not even have the will anymore.
    He had earned at least one bite though, so she placed the small bit of bread in his mouth, then without turning away from the Kincaid child she instructed "Derek or Mr Koskov, please get me one of the jello pans from the refridgerator."

Grrface stands, and walks into the kitchen. He wipes his face and hands on a paper towel he finds there and returns shortly with a pan of Jell-O and a spoon. He comes up beside Betony, holding them.

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread