41 - 49
DISPLAYED
Breakfast at the Boarding House

(2110) Eternal Court
Oct 1, 2021 - Oct 29, 2021
(2110) Seating area around Jennifer
Oct 8, 2021 - Oct 25, 2021
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

Samuel smiles in delight and curls up on one side, leaving his injured/bandaged arm up. Before the last "Jai guru deva om" is sung he is fast asleep. Safe.

Betony got up from her chair and took gently but firmly both men by the arm and led them out so as to not disturb the children. Derek didn't know it, but the grip on his arm was significantly less gentle than for Mr. Koskov.
    "The children need their rest right now," she said in a soft tone that didn't dimish the inherent threat of disturbing that rest "As do you two," it sounded like she was almost scolding them.
    "There are empty bedrooms made up," and no land lord to make sure they weren't being used without rent "But be sure to make them up after you have used them. Understood?"
    Betony Rue flinched.

PRE

"Sounds good, Betony Rue," Derek says, nodding. "I feel like I could sleep for a week. What about you, though? You need to sleep too."

"I'll not be sleeping with you Derek," she said simply. It was impossible to tell exactly how that was supposed to be taken.
    "I will sleep here nearer the children," she went on indicating a chair behind her in her room. "I've rested on worse."

PRE

"I wasn't talking about you sleeping with me," Derek says, smiling. Though the idea had its appeal, winding back to his awareness of her confused desires from what happened at the Ren Faire, right now he really did just want to sleep. "Around the kids is fine, as long as you're getting some rest, too. But if you find you need to get a deeper sleep than you can get watching over the kids, feel free to wake me after a few hours and I'll take a turn watching the kids."

"I'll keep it in mind, the rooms are down there," she said pointing with a vicious finger And closed the door, glad to be out of their pressence. After wrapping another shawl around her, The Jasons took a knitting needle and yarn to help her relax from the whole episode, sitting down in a chair next to the bed.
    She looked at the two children sleeping there. She hesitantly drew a gentle claw across the Kincaid boy's brow and hair. She felt a twinge of emotion. For that alone the Hag would have had her kill both patients and Betony rue could feel the instinct that had been beaten into her to do so.
    Instead, she went back to knitting. Keeping the children in her care safe from the world and from her.

PRE

Once he figures they're out of Betony Rue's range of hearing, Derek turns to Grrface, smiling. "She wants me, you know. Really."

With some reluctance Grrface leaves the child. Leaving the room, he casts a final glance at the boy. He decided that after their medical crisis was finished that he would take over the childrens' primary care. Betony Rue's skills with healing were unquestionable, but her bedside manner left much to be desired, and the poor children had undergone enough. They did not need to be subject to her unabashed coldness, and harsh worldviews.

Walking with Derek he looks to him and nods - grinning. "For dinner, I know." He claps him on the back. Chuckling deep in his chest.

"I'm just glad we were able to save someone, in the end. We were almost too late."

Please continue this thread in: Tea Time at the Boarding House (att: Thistle and crew)

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread