Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Quiet Afternoon (Open)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

It was about 6 o' clock when the Warlock stepped into the bookstore. The place was certainly familiar to him, yet it felt like ages since he had last set foot within its walls. Work had kept him rather busy lately, both of the mundane, and the more...esoteric variety. While he could've just gone straight home after leaving the museum, Aenigma figured he'd stop by Written in Water instead. Carrying his loyal messenger bag with him, the Mystagogue headed towards the barista and offered a large cup of unsweetened green tea. Once he had his drink in hand, he paid for it and thanked the man behind the counter, turning to find an empty table where he could sit and relax for a little while.

Once he found an empty table, Aenigma set down his drink and bag on it before pulling out the chair and taking a seat. He reached for his cup and took a quick sip of tea, reaching inside his bag afterwards and pulling out a stack of newspapers. The Warlock picked one of the newspapers and set the others aside. He flipped through the pages until he found the section with the comics and crossword puzzles, at which point he fetched a vintage fountain pen from his messenger bag and began to work on solving the puzzle...a smirk forming on the corner of his lips.

It is as good day as any to get these done. Some are at least three months old...

PRE

Now that he was working as a medical examiner, Gallows was finding that he had less and less free time to spend on leisure activities. What little free time he had, though, was often spent at the Written in Water. Partially because he enjoyed the coffee, partially because it gave him a chance to read something that wasn't work related, but mostly because it seemed to be a good place to meet mages.

He had just gotten off work an hour or so ago. Making his way through the door, Gallows spotted Aenigma across the room and waved. Stopping first to pick up a coffee, he then made his way over to Aenigma.

"Hard at work, I see," he said with a grin upon spotting the puzzles.

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Taking a break from his perusing of the stacks, Ixidor comes into view on his way to the counter. Halting mid-journey, he takes a detour in Gallows' direction. Greeting the fellow Théarch with a casual lift of his chin, the rocker doesn't stop until he is standing almost right behind and to the side of the seated man. He's seen him around the Consilium, knows he's another Mage, but can't remember the young-looking fella's name for the life of him.

"Can you believe they're still printing Beetle Bailey?" he says, peering over the guy's shoulder at the crossword page. "I think the guy who launched that sucker must be a hundred years old. If he's even still alive."

Looking at him will reveal the rocker's commonly seen menagerie of leather and silver trinkets, makeup, wild black mane of hair.... about as far from incognito as the guy can possibly get.

It's not that he wants to be noticed. It's just that, he regularly is. So he might as well look like he's ready to walk out onstage at any moment.

More fun, that way.

Something like this
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

Kite looked tired, but then again, Kite always seemed to look tired. Working almost on ‘autopilot’, appearing oblivious to the rest of the world, Kite walked into the café and ordered a large latté. Sipping the drink seemed to start to bring his senses back to life, and he noticed his fellow Catalyst member just before he started to move towards the exit.

“Gallows?” Kite smiled as he walked over to where his friend was standing. “Ahh… off work, I see.” Kite looked over the other two men at the table, and offered his handshake to each. “I apologize for interrupting. My name is Kite.”

Kite stared at the man sitting at the table for a few seconds, his brow growing more creased as he did so. “I know we met before a while ago, but I cannot remember your name…”

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma looked up as he heard a voice he recognized. The Warlock had a good memory, and while he had only interacted with Gallows on a few occasions, he knew it was him when he heard him. "More like taking a break from work," he said in response, offering the Moros a pleasant smile. "Feel free to join me." He gestured to one of the chairs around the table.

When he heard the other voice, the young Mystagogue turned to look at its source. He recalled the other mage, having seen him before at some Concilium functions. "Well, classics never go out of style," replied Aenigma in response, a smirk touching the corner of his lips. While he didn't recall the mage's name, he recognized him from his rockstar persona. "Adrian Isaacs, is it?"

And before he knew it, another mage approached the table. It appeared that it wasn't going to be a quiet afternoon after all, but the Mastigos didn't particularly mind. He really didn't have much of a chance to socialize with some of the locals on a regular basis, usually tied up with work.

He extended his hand out to shake the Dreamspeaker's hand. "Aenigma," he said in reply to his words. "You are a friend of Vaeltia, if I remember correctly." Aenigma gestured to the other empty chairs.

hey, you are a rock star!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-11-04 18:33:33 Aenigma rolls 11 to Int+Composure+Eidetic Memory+Fame 2 to recognize "Adrian Isaacs" (10 Again) 10, 7, 10, 5, 1, 2, 8, 3, 4, 2, 4, 9, 10, 6 5 successes

Kite smiled at Aenigma as he took his seat at the table. “Yes, she’s my friend... and she also writes my paycheck!”

Kite looked at Gallows and the other man present, taking a sip of his coffee as he did so. "Mr. Isaacs" he nodded towards the stranger in respect. Still, Kite looked perplexed, as though he wasn’t make up his mind about him. "Are you a friend of Gallows?”

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

"That's me," Ix nods to Aenigma. "Or Ixidor for short."

An amused snort follows this.

"And I suppose your right. Know what I miss, though?" He slips into a seat. "Some fucking Calvin and Hobbes. That strip had miles and miles in front of it, and stopped way too soon."

An imaginative genius kid who dabbled in being a maniacal brat, who pretty much just envisioned the world however he damn-well pleased? Oh yes, Ixidor could relate.

"Heh, Vaeltia writing checks, huh? That's kind of funny to picture. Not having interacted with her much, all I can picture her as is 'the spunky little chick from Consilium'." The rocker shrugs. "How is she, these days?"

Answering the question on his and Gallow's friendship, Ix cocks his weight to one side, resting one elbow on the table, and the opposite hand. The free hand strokes his goatee as he raises an eyebrow in a joking look of appraisal direct toward the fellow Théarch.
    "I like to think so. We're members of the same lodge, anyway."
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

Kite grinned. “Vae is fine. She’s still paints occasionally when she isn’t on the job.” He paused to take a sip of his coffee, but the mention that he and Gallows were of the ‘same lodge’ made Kite look up and seemed to perk his interest.

“You’re both of the Silver Ladder?”

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma nodded at the Obrimos' words. "Yeah, that was a great strip! Too bad they stopped printing it," he said in agreement with Ixidor's remark. He couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle about what he said about Vaeltia, recalling how the girl had intervened between West and Animus at the first official Concilium gathering he had attended. "Spunky is one way to look at it." A smirk formed on the corner of his lips before he reached for his cup of tea and took a sip.

When Kite mentioned the Vox Draconis so openly, the Warlock couldn't help but quirk an eyebrow. After all, even if Written in Water was a common meeting place for the Awakened in Sacramento, not every patron was an insomniac. "Who? Me?" he asked the Thyrsus, giving him a puzzled look. "No, I prefer escalators usually. Call me lazy if you like." He let out a somewhat awkward laugh, as he glanced at Ixidor and Gallows for a moment.

Should we just start flinging vulgar spells around next?

PRE

"I'm not a big fan of escalators myself," Gallows said with a grin. "Very mysterious, if you ask me. Where do those steps go? But I guess Aenigma is a fan of mysteries, then." While he did tire of the need for secrecy sometimes, it did make for some fun wordplay. "I'm glad to see so many friends enjoying the allure of reading. Maybe we should grab a room, so our conversation won't bother any other customers?" He took a glance at the store's employees, checking if they were in earshot. "After all, we wouldn't want to be a bother to our hosts."

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread