Watch

Hedge Hunting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
    S
    Selena

For those listed here, please write your arrival
    Mal - @Greebs, "Big Lou" - @Spedlord, Morgan - @Origins, John Ambrose - @Theseeker

The sky was overcast in Sacramento today. Not like it stopped people from being out and about in Capitol Park. There were people out in benches reading, and some playing Frisbee. There may not have been much wind, but a gentle breeze brought the smell of possible rain in the distance, but that still didn’t stop some from venturing out.

Nor would it stop others from paying a visit to the local main Trod in the Freehold. There weren’t many people around the gate area, which seemed to be overlooked by most today. Despite being cloudy, it was a gorgeous afternoon.

The Gate

T
    Theseeker

John walked into the park, the wind passing through him, the lack of sun made him smile, he hated the Sun, being albino didn't help. He was wearing a long coat, in the inside he was carrying his rapier, he never felt safe without it. He was also carrying a backpack, inside it contained some bottles of water, some sandwiches and a book bound in leather , "Alice in the Wonderland, notated edition" was written in it's cover. It was time to start some experiments.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan was sitting at one of the benches taking in deep breathes and occasionally drinking from a large water bottle. She had her gloves off, her hoodie tied around her waist, and her backpack was resting beside her on the bench. The pack had her usual "running" supplies: a roll of duct tape, a few energy bars, a bag of trail mix, a couple of water bottles, a tiny first aid kit ($10), and a small bungie cord in it. She'd just finished a delivery in the area and decided to check out the park. She'd heard about it from a few of the people in the Freehold that this park had the main trod in the area or something.

Morgan took another drink of water while looking over the memorial that was supposed to be the Hedge Gate. Nice day, didn't even need the cord for that pipe slide. I think that is the right memorial. Nice to know where it is, but I think I'll wait for a group tour before checking the other side.

Looking around, Morgan saw that harmonica guy she'd met before walking into the park. He had a really long coat on but she figured it was a good look for him. Morgan raised an arm and waived hello to John, beckoning him over to her bench.

OOC

A
    Ambrose

Llewelyn’s Gear

Llewelyn walked his way across the park towards the trod’s supposed entrance in the park. In his large backpack he had his usual gear. While Lou may have looked over packed, this wasn’t the first big endeavour into the hedge he had undertaken, and he wasn’t about to allow it to become his last. Upon spotting the two, he walked over, sporting his trademark grin. “This must be the first time I’ve seen you two kids outside of a bar. I was beginning to worry that my new buddies were booze hounds. Out for some fresh air today?” Judging by the backpacks... and the sword that kid is packing, I’d say that they are out on their own expedition too. Perhaps one of them knows the activation for the gate. While Lou had encountered several gates in his time in New Orleans, he knew that many gates have a variety of clauses that must be met to open. He was hoping with that this one would simply be activated by a time of day, though. He desperately needed to collect the supplies to hedgespin a few good items together. He’d seen Danny Tong’s work already, and knew he’d need to be putting out the finest quality work to be taken seriously. Doing so would require lots of hard work, ingenuity, and of course, quality parts of things from the hedge.

G
    Greebs

Mal was perched on one of the concrete outcroppings leading into the monument that was apparently the main trod in the region, rummaging through a worn, faded rucksack, checking she had everything.* She was feeling pretty strung out. Short on food. Short of glamour. Desperation had made her bold enough to consider a solo trip into the hedge. Risky, but if she got lucky and stumbled across some Goblin fruit early, it would kerb at least one of her problems.

Patting the pockets of her trusty pale grey hooded jacket to check for the little plastic bags of sandy dirt even the occasional hedge denizen wasn't too fond of having flung into it's eyes, her harsh, yellow eyes scanned the park, hunting for watchers who might think something odd about her poking and prodding at the monument for however long it took her to activate the gate... then disappear into thin air.

Tree. Tree. Jogger. Bush. Dog-walker. Tree. Raccoon. Albino. Tree... wait, what?! Her eyes snapped back at three other Lost she was certain she'd never seen before gathered around a park bench, kitted out for more than just an afternoon stroll, just like herself.

"It looks like I'm not the only one going down to the woods today..." she said quietly.

*Shopping list for ST approval I guess?

T
    Theseeker

Looking around he spot three other lost, the strange guy is surely big Lou, the other is Morgan, but the last one I don't know, why are so many of us here, near a hedge gate, at once, maybe we could team up. He waved back o Morgan and went to sit near her "Good afternoon Morgan, how's your day? he said friendly, then a little lower "Planning on braving the Hedge too?"

S
    Selena

There were people in the park throwing frisbees and balls back around. A few of the discs zipped by despite no one really going near the gate to the hedge other than the four already near it who knew what it was capable of.

Feel free to have your characters converse a little before we head on in

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan smiled at Big Lou's unexpected arrival. They did seem to meet at bars for some reason, funny that. "Fresh air is always nice and the weathers' good for being outdoors, especially for a little urban running. So the days been good thus far," Morgan gives a short laugh. She was glad she'd already recovered from her delivery, didn't need to be winded when going on an adventure.

Morgan turns back to John, "Its nice to see you too John. I hope your day has been going well too." Letting her eyes roam the area, Morgan also lowers her voice, "Wasn't planning a aaaany such thing without joining a group tour. I'd only go in alone to avoid certain death, but if you two are going I suppose it'd be safe enough to tag along."

A
    Ambrose

Big Lou nodded at the steep scrambler. Entering the hedge by oneself was an unnecessary risk, especially when there were two able bodied lost already entering. “Well it’ll be a pleasure to have you on board. I’m not exactly the best hedge navigator out there, so a small group of us will be useful if we run into any trouble.” Lou turned to John “Mr. Ambrose, I remember you mentioning the other night at the bar something about the hedge, I don’t suppose you’ve had some experience entering the hedge in Sacramento? I’m not really sure what to look for here, or how to open the gate...” Hopefully one of them knows how to open the gate, i'm not sitting waiting here till midnight or saint patrick's day or some other event in the hope that the gate's key is time related.

T
    Theseeker

John took all the courage he possessed "I'm sorry for not talking to you after the coronation Morgan, I needed to get some information" he's look was saddened for a while, but it suddenly lighted and he appeared like someone that knew a secret the whole world wanted to know "I was after the exact information we need right now, opening the Gate is simple, it's in fact the common procedure, which means just giving away a little glamour and it will open" he almost added tah-dah to the phrase, but in the end he controlled himself.
    "Well big Lou the Hedge is ever changing, but I have some good experience with navigating in Hedge, I ave already visited many and have already got some good directional sense so I think the situation could be worse" never though being part of a circus could be so useful

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.