Ended
Watch

Meet Me Under A Full Moon

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Dale Hunt

PRE

Dale remained quiet during the moment of silence, but he watched Nieves with some curiosity, observing her body language and expressions to try to get a feel for what she was thinking. Maybe his comment had pissed her off? Well, it seemed unlikely since she was the kind to actually take action when someone got her panties all in a knot.

"Don't even mention it," said the Rahu in response to her thanking him. "I'm doing alright, taking care of business as usual." He gave her a little shrug before adding, "you know, trying to keep an eye on the movements of the Pure and shit...making sure they don't get any ideas and cross over to this side of the river."

2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-10-09 21:56:19 Dale Hunt rolls 5 to Wits+Empathy to get a feel for Nieves' reaction to the Alpha comment (10 Again) 10, 7, 6, 8, 3, 7 2 successes

PRE

Nieves's reaction to the comment is fairly obvious, she's uncomfortable and uncertain though not anymore angry than usual, the idea putting doubt in her voice as she hears the ring of truth.

At the mention of the Pure, Nieves expression becomes curious. "Yeah? What've you found out? Have you seen any signs that they might be?" Her encounters with the Pure outside of Sacramento had been small clashes that she mostly ran from. Still, their presence and numbers were intimidating to her.

Dale Hunt

PRE

"So far, I've learned that they aren't as fast as me or Digger's bike," he said in response, flashing her a quick grin. "But joking aside, we did notice something strange in one of the bridges that crosses over to their territory." Dale paused for a moment, trying to figure out how to explain what they had seen to the younger Rahu. "Its hard to explain, at least for me 'cause spirits ain't my forte, you know?" he said to Nieves, giving her a slight shrug.

"But there was something off about that bridge," he said to her, trying his best to describe what he had seen. "When we looked at it in the Hisil, it just looked like it didn't belong there...as if it had been corrupted somehow or something."

PRE

"Yeah, me neither," replies Nieves a bit dejectedly as she props her head on her open hands, referring to the spirit forte. Though she still smirks at Dale's joke, rolling her eyes in faux mockery. She absorbed the details about the Hisil and the bridge with a blank expression which meant she was thinking. "Well, maybe being a bunch of assholes they're creating asshole spirits." It sounded like it could've been a joke but how Nieves understood the relationship between the Shadow and the physical was that what you did here had an affect there. "It'd have to be something pretty intense though..." she trailed off.

Another pause got her thinking about something else, how facing an attack from the Pure might be considered an act of Glory. So she adds, "But hey if you ever need someone to watch your back, look me up, ya know?"

Dale Hunt

PRE

Dale considered what the younger Rahu was saying. Regardless of how she had said it, her words could've held a certain degree of truth in them. "You know, that may be something worth looking into," he said in response to her words. "I'm not sure what could've caused it, but I'll make sure to mention to those Crusaders that have more knowledge on such things than I do." He paused for a moment and then offered her a quick smile as he added a simple, "thanks."

At Nieves' next words, the Rahu's smile widened just a bit, forming a toothy grin of sorts. "You know, my pack does a pretty good job at that," he said to her, his tone teasing her a little. "But I'll keep that in mind though. After all, the Anshega are a problem for us all."

PRE

Nieves wasn't sure what she had said to prompt the thoughtful response of Dale's but so long as it helped. "Yeah, I'm sure you guys do," she said, still smirking. She got off the bench to her feet and walked a couple steps before turning, hands tucked in her jacket pockets looking unusually coy. "Well I probably aught to head on back to the pack. I've got to talk to my Alpha about something. I'll hit you up after I figure things out with him." Despite the judgment by the Lune, Nieves was feeling in a much better mood after her and Dale's chat. She just needed to focus on solutions rather than dwelling on the problem.

Dale Hunt

PRE

Dale nodded at her words and offered her a simple, yet friendly smile. "Sounds like a plan," he said to the younger Rahu, glancing up at the full moon once more. "Take care of yourself kiddo." And with those words, he gave her a quick salute and waited for Nieves to leave before making way back to the Crusaders' den.

End Scene

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2