Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Hotel Homicide) Catching up with the investigators

Oct 21, 2010 : Forest for the Trees
Nov 14, 2010 : There's probably a lesson in this somewhere....
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    C
    Conner Greyson

Conner sits in the conference room at the Avalon Underground. A notepad in front of him and a file folder open. He waits for Deputy Grigoriev and his crew to arrive to fill him in. From what the Reeve understands they have found out some useful information. Conner also knew that the Herald and Seneschal would want an update. So he picks up his cellphone and sends a text to the women asking if they would join the meeting.

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

Sidor walked into the conference room, with the poise of a glacier. He swept off the fedora as he entered. He was not ashamed of the mark of his blood, and he did not feel the need here, in a safe place, to go to the effort of hiding it.

The maelstrom of darkness crawled across his sharp features as he bowed to Conner.

"Good evening, Reeve Greyson," he said, his voice level and formal, though he did not suppress his sharp, Sverdlovsk accent. After all, the Senior Deputy had been directly in the service of the Reeve for a long time now. He knew perfectly well that Greyson didn't need to see his lips to understand him.

If anything, hearing Sidor speak with his full accent was a mark of great respect. It meant he had spent enough time in the Kindred's company to feel certain that they would understand him despite his curse.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Having only been a block or more away at the Sacramento Bee, Ariana had received Conner's text message. She could deduce that it was official Domain business by the request of the location. Her briefcase as in her hand as she walked down the stairs in simple black heels, a black business suit skirt with a lavender blouse beneath it and a necklace complimenting her attire. Her ring on her right hand could easily be seen as she set the briefcase down near Conner's desk.

As she entered the conference room, she could feel the familiar Beast against her own. It only turned about slightly, much less than it did with someone unknown. Despite the familiarity, at times, his ominous demeanor was still felt. Her blue eyes held concern as she looked to Conner. Meetings in his office usually were not a sign of good news. Ariana's face was pleasant as she greeted them both. "Good evening Reeve Greyson and Deputy Grigoriev."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Having gotten the text while out on Patrol, Martha headed back to the Avalon as soon as she was able.

Skipping along with a bright and breezy air, she made her way towards the Conference Room. Martha is meekly and sweetly attired in her usual English school uniform: a neat straw boater, a black blazer...a pair of scholarly spectacles are perched on the end of her nose. Long gymslip shows her legs to mid calf...her raven black hair is tied into long and neat twin tails. Each twin tail is tied with the red ribbon bow. She wears a white kneesock on her flesh leg and a pair of carefully polished Mary Jane's to accompany her C-Leg. A crisp white blouse is obvious where the gymslip reveals it, as is her red necktie tucked neatly into her gymslip. Clutching at her cane, rather than relying upon it, Martha skips along to the door to the chamber and knocks politely before adopting a more serious demeanour and entering with care.

Offering a respectful nod to those already gathered. "Good evening, Seneschal...Reeve...Deputy."
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

*Max makes his way into the meeting right behind the Herald, but he might as well be a thousand miles away mentally. He had been distracted ever since they had wrapped up their investigation at the hotel; trying to determine just what had been hidden inside the hollowed out book.

His visions had only give him fleeting glimpses, and the uncertainty had gnawed at Max the whole way over to Avalon. Even now it preoccupied the Grand Wrym, souring his normally up-beat attitude.

Max HATED not knowing the answer to a riddle...

Stil, he had enough presence of mind to greet the other Kindred properly.*

Reeve Greyson...

Seneschal Donovan...

Herald Villiers...

*Each name is spoken respectfully and accompanied by a polite bow. The Reeve receives the deepest, followed by one to Ariana that is only slightly less deep. Martha's is noticeably shallower, but it is accompanied by a haggard half-smile that disappears almost as soon as it forms.*

I
    Irina

Doctor Powell stepped into the room a few scant minutes later and, in the doorway, took a fleeting moment to scan the familiar faces already gathered. She felt the Beasts of Sidor and Ariana, and her own spit a little halfhearted in response. The were familiar enough by now that the carnal response was more posturing than entirely threatening.

She greeted them with a polite smile. "Reeve Greyson, Seneschal Donovan, Herald Villiers." To the latter, her eyes scanned the C-Leg with a professional scrutiny, before acknowledging Sidor and Max.

The Haunt stepped deeper into the room, coming to stand beside her other "investigators-in-crime", and await Dr. Swift's arrival.

Dr. Swift arrives a few minutes after Dr. Powell. Immediately his beast scents the air and begins a low growl of challenge to those present. Swift has very little trouble keeping it in check however, as no one in the room is completely strange to him. Of course, he was working along side Deputy Grigoriev, Dr. Powell and Mr. Heinz on the case - that's why he was here tonight - and he had met the Herald when he had first arrived and both she and the Seneschal were present at the Temple for the Equinox. He had not yet spoken directly with the Reeve, but he had at least seen him at a couple of court events.

Dr. Swift nods his head in respect to the room. "It would seem I am the last to arrive. My apologies to all of you if my tardiness has kept you waiting. Herald Villiers, Seneschal Donovan, it is good to see you again. Reeve Greyson, I do not believe I have had the honor of meeting you before now. I do wish it were under less serious circumstances. I am Dr. Robert Swift, member of Clan Gangrel and less than a year in the domain."

C
    Conner Greyson

As each person enters Conner returns the greeting with a polite nod of his head. He is reviewing Sidor's documentation on this whole situation. He was not pleased with the situation. He was pleased with the work of Sidor's team, but not pleased with the outcome of the investigation. That would probably only make sense to his Inner Circle.

"Doctor Swift my people have spoke well of you." Conner states and gives him a nod.

"Seneschal Donovan, Herald Villiers, thank you for coming. I have asked you here for an update on the murders of Sarah Lafleur and Thomas O'Connor. Deputy Grigoriev." Conner turns to Sidor. "If you will give an overview of your team's findings and then I am sure the Herald and Seneschal will have questions."

Conner's phone vibrates, "Excuse me ladies and gentleman, I have to deal with this. Deputy Grigoriev, I will speak with you about this at a later date." Conner says, stands, bows to the Herald and the Seneschal and leaves.

Conner Exits the Scene

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Thank you, Reeve." she offers as Conner makes his excuses and leaves.

With respectful nods to the new arrivals and a sincere smile to Dr Powell, Martha leans easily on her cane. Watching the team assemble while waiting patiently and quietly for the Deputy to make his report.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

"Your Will, Reeve," Sidor said simply, pressing his hand over his heart in a subtle bow as Conner left. The Reeve was a busy man, and the Haunt would ensure that he was correctly updated later. He turned his shrouded gaze towards the room.

Ah, all eyes on me.

The voice of the man within whispered towards his mind, bringing images of armed, uniformed men, hanging on his every word with a devotion bordering on fanaticism. Odd. He couldn't recall ever having lectured soldiers.

He did not hesitate, even as he wondered as the fragment that had materialised in his mind. His will and control was too powerful for that.

"The four of us reported to the room as requested. As reported, it was in extreme disarray. The blood spatter was analysed by Doctors Powell and Swift, and they identified two separate encounters had occurred, one panicked and uncontrolled, and the other efficient. Mr. Heinz proceeded to use the Sight, and was able to identify that O'Connor was killed by LaFleur, using a lamp from the room. Afterwards, LaFleur was killed by a second attacker - an individual who wielded a sword,"
    the Haunt said, his voice perfectly modulated to be understandable. He had spent relatively little time in the Herald's company, so obvious was her distress at times, in his presence, and so he could not offer her the respectful mark of his accent being allowed to surface.

"Further investigation revealed that an object was removed from the Hotel - an object concealed within a handwritten copy of Grimm's Fairy Tales. Unfortunately, we have as yet been unable to identify it. Mr. Heinz could not get a clear view of it from the Sight. Are there any questions I or my team may answer, Seneschal Donovan, Herald Villiers?"

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.