Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Regroup, reVeil (Guardian Meeting)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

Samael sighs but nods at Rosetta. "Of course, friends are always important. Please go make certain everything is alright."

He turns to Ariadne. "I don't know anyone well enough to even begin to formulate a guess. You know the local community better than me. What do you think?"

Halo Sabeleth you may still join this thread.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

S
    Sabeleth

The gothic grandeur of the Circle appealed to Halo's sense of aesthetics. Open, empty, quiet. Serene almost.

So he was a little startled by the woman rushing out as he entered. She seemed preoccupied by a phone call rather than running away from some unspeakable terror. Which was a relief. You never knew.

Continuing on his way inside he walked towards the meeting space at an easy pace, fixing a polite smile on his face. "Hi. I'm Halo. I, ah, I just arrived in town a few days ago." His eyes flicked from the attractive woman to the gentleman and back. "Epopt Ariadne, am I right? Pleased to meet you. Both of you."

As far as introductions went he'd certainly done much worse in the past.

Samael glances at the man entering as Rosetta departs. He smiles and nods in greeting to him as he politely introduces himself. When the newcomer uses Ariadne's title he quirks an eyebrow. Well, this is a safe place, and he knows of the Epopt. No reason to obfuscate our identities then.

He offers a hand to shake in greeting. "Father Samael. It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Halo. And good to see a new face. Lord knows we can use the help."

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

"Ok" Ariadne replies to Rosetta as the other women leaves. Blue eyes watch her fellow Guardian until Rosetta is out of view. "I'm growing to dislike the word emergency." Ariadne thinks aloud.

She turns to look at Samael. "Honestly? I'm not sure. The community has been in flux so it's not easy to tell. I don't have any suspicions of anyone right now. Which worries me. I wonder if who ever this is is spying through magic or more mundane ways."

S
    Sabeleth

"Glad to be here Father." He nodded in return and shook the offered hand firmly, like a gentleman, rather than a bonecrusher. Are things that bad?

He wondered to himself about what was going on while the Epopt continued her train of thought. Halo didn't take it personally when he was ignored by people. In fact it was something he actively cultivated. So he simply waited.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne turns to Halo. "Damn it... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that." But that's the second time in recent memory.

"Yes I am Ariadne and no I'm not normally this blegh." She sighs. "Things are iffy right now."

S
    Sabeleth

Halo waved away the apology, indicating it wasn't necessary. "Don't worry about it. Really." With a gentle smile he extended his right hand to the Epopt. "Nice to meet you."

With both of his fellow Guardians commenting on how bad the situation was he decided this was no time to beat around the bush. He gave both of them a somewhat curious look. "So. Sounds like Sacramento needs another Guardian. What's been going on, and how can I help?"

"We certainly can use the help." The priest's smile becomes a bit drawn but remains. "I'll let the Epopt give you the details."

Samael isn't passing the buck so much as simply following due procedure. After all, it is in times like these that tradition is most important.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

Ariadne shakes the new Guardian's hand. "Pleasure to meet you. Halo right?" At least part of her mind was paying attention.

Blue eyes jump from Halo to Samael then back to Halo.

"Consilium wise...its shattered. There was a falling out over how to handle a transition to Cabals. Everyone still plays nice with each other but there has not been any effort to recentralized the Pentacle in the city." Ariadne shifts to look at the way that Rosetta left.

"We have lost members recently, no deaths as far as I know but people have left town. So with you here that gives us four Guardians in the city. If Rosetta's emergency is not long then five. And Triquetra has her own stuff, so we three are the active Veil at the moment." Ariadne lets that sink in, three Guardians for an entire city....awesome right?

"Lastly, and worst really. As of right now two former Consilium Councilors were delivered to gatherings of mages. They had been killed horribly and disfigured. Someone is trying to send a message."

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread