Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Body at Bismarck) Hallowed Ground

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

This is a linked scene from here

Jonathan led the three mages into one of the many secrets of the Bismarck: through the house staff side to the mage side.

At the very end of one particularly long, downward sloping hallway, the long-haired man touched one of the hundreds of designs in the wallpaper, and a door opened with the sound of any door on Startrek.

Cook stepped into the elevator and motioned the other three inside

“Normally I wouldn’t bring you down here, but since you are all being so kind...” he trailed off into silence as the descent began.

The elevator stopped and the doors opened to the site of a large room, a deep pool in the center lit by various seemingly electrical lamps and glowing stones.

Even the water seemed to glow, albeit a color of eerie yellow-brown. And the stones glowing in the walls were exactly the same as the blade, although without the sound or wind.

Visuals
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

PRE

Gallows looked around the Hallow appreciatively. While he was fond of the one in his and Rosetta's Sanctum, he had to admit it wasn't terribly impressive--at least visually. This place had some style to it, to say the least. It was rarer to find a Hallow underground, but he supposed it was more convenient to hide something under a hotel than on top of it.

"Thanks for the hospitality, Jonathan," Gallows said with only half sarcasm. He wasn't sure yet how he felt about this Proximus--he had never dealt much with the like before, but had always been under the impression they were a bit more...docile. Still, he could appreciate a good wisecrack as much as anyone. "This stuff looks pretty similar to the blade we found, but that might just be tass being tass. I'm hardly an expert. Could someone with Supernal vision check for similarities in resonance, something like that?"

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Ixidor moves along with others, growing increasingly interested in the complexity of the Bismark. And increasingly suspicious of Cook. But then, it's really not him specifically, just a growing sense of weariness at the sort of things that go on in Sacramento right under the Consilium's nose. Either that, or more of that famous Sactown communication he and Lux were working on straightening out.

Were being the operative word. With her gone, and this mess going down, he is seriously dreading the call that will bring him to identify her mutilated corpse.

With his mood in such utter shit, it's a while before he can get anything to come through at all. Even with the Sight up.

The rocker's face is set in an uncharacteristically grim scowl.

SV recast; 3 suxx nature; forgot Supernal Vision bonus
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-08-06 10:32:17 Ixidor rolls 5 to seriously, Dice Roller? (10 Again) 8, 9, 3, 8, 7 3 successes
    2012-08-06 10:31:40 Ixidor rolls 6 to scrutinize some more; Intelligence + Occult -1 (10 Again) 6, 7, 3, 6, 5, 3 failure
    2012-08-06 10:31:08 Ixidor rolls 7 to scrutinize; Intelligence + Occult (10 Again) 3, 7, 5, 4, 2, 1, 5 failure
    2012-08-06 10:29:34 Ixidor rolls 6 to cast Supernal Vision; Gnosis + Prime + HS (10 Again) 7, 6, 10, 6, 4, 3, 5 1 success
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

Ixidor
    The Resonance of the hallow has a sweet-beach-y feel. Nearly bath-salt quality but it has a feel of “two steps to the left”, something is just a little off. It’s obvious that the resonance of the Bismarck’s hallow is not the same as that of the blade.

Did any of you bring the blade with you?
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus is silent for a long moment, just letting the Hallow's resonance wash over him. Almost immediately, senses strain to cover the surroundings. As weird as things had been, an attack wasn't out of the question, and he couldn't afford to be caught by surprise. Protecting the Thearchs wa too important.

Finally, eyes flicker briefly to the others present. "Anything in particular we're looking for, or just anything that stands out?"

PRE

"Well," said Gallows, looking at the tass, "I think our main goal here is to find out who created this blade. Assuming that no one recognizes the resonance, that means we'll have to do some investigating." It had been a long time since Gallows had had to investigate a murder, but his Lictor instincts weren't too rusty. He still knew how to gather evidence. "Does anyone possess the Time mastery to look back at Qadesh's death?"

Forgot to roll before, this is to memorize the resonance of the tass blade. If I can use the extra successes, I'd also like to determine the approximate Gnosis of the caster and which arcana were involved with my other four successes.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-08-11 15:38:06 Gallows rolls 6 to scrutinizes the tass blade (10 Again) 8, 9, 4, 10, 6, 9, 10, 7 5 successes

Cook was frozen, his eyes wide as he examined the pool.

“That’s not right, the water’s normally clear or that Caribbean blue.” There was a tone in his voice that hadn’t been there on the elevator ride.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Ixidor's grim scowl twists in annoyance at the new set of complications before them. Despite the seriousness of the circumstances, there is some equally grim satisfaction in the shift of Cook's tune.

Oh guess what? We're all in the same sinking ship, asshat.

Nevertheless, the rocker's tone is business.
    "The vibes don't match, but yeah, it seems pretty obvious that there's a reaction."

Ixidor wouldn't have wanted to leave the blade unguarded and unwatched in the lobby, but he would have also preferred to take the same precautions as before. Do you want to handwave it, or have me roll retroactively?
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

ooc

The pool seems to pulse with ecstatic energy before it seems to settle. Before a rhythm of pulses go through the glowing tass like a heartbeat or the crashing of waves on the shore.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

PRE

Gallows frowned, both at Cook's uncharacteristically serious reaction, and the strange movements in the Tass. He was definitely starting to wish he had devoted a bit more of his time to studying the intricacies of Prime. "Well," he said, "Caribbean blue sounds a lot more...appealing, than what we're seeing here." He wrinkled his nose at the yellow brown water. "It looks like someone has been tampering with our Hallows. Any ideas on what might have been done to the resonance here?"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread