Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Lordly Visit (Private)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    A
    Ariana Donovan

It was never a surprise to find Ariana working or reading paperwork and keeping an eye on her laptop from time to time. She was dressed in a black pencil skirt with a black jacket and white blouse and a brooch on the lapel. Her office was set up quaint and welcoming.

The office of the Seneschal is neat and organized. A framed picture on the wall was rather large which was probably a gift from someone, much like the necklace she wore as well as a ring on her right hand. There were a few of books on etiquette, writing and a few books on psychology. Several biographies on journalists including a book on Roxana Seberi. There were several high back chairs and an office style sofa with which could easily accommodate more than a few people. Her door was open, since she was expecting Blake Reese that evening.

Ariana was currently sat behind her desk, watching news coverage of the shooting in Colorado. She may have been an entertainment reporter, but the Lordess still kept up on current events.

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

"Such a tragedy, isn't it?" Blake nods to the news on the television as he enters the office on time. He's wearing a red dress shirt and cream slacks, as well as his wristwatch. He smiles as he places one hand over his heart and gives the seated woman a small bow of recognition. "Priscus Donovan, thank you for making time to meet with me. I appreciate how busy you must be." He takes in the room as well as the decorations, filing them all away so he can think back on them later, when he decides what kind of person his Priscus is. This meeting was to be an assessment on both their parts and he had no intention of making his based on first impressions.
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

E
    Ebon Reaper

Blake doesn't have long to get settled before yet another Lord arrives. Ricardo was slightly eager to meed the new Lord that Ariana had told him about. "Good evening Seneschal Donovan." He says with a bow. Once she greets both Lords, he introduces himself and extends a hand to his cousin. "Nice to meet you, I am Deputy Ricardo Rodriguez, Whip of Clan Ventrue and Solider of the First Estate." Please don't be another Kaiden. That wouldn't end well for either of us.

A
    Ariana Donovan

“Good evening gentleman. Please have a seat if you wish.” Smiling as she greeted Ricardo and Blake. The Lordess made a spreading gesture to the area with the small sofa and chairs around it. Ariana rose from her seat, turned off the monitor and moved to the same area as she previously indicated.

“You must be Mr. Reese and of course, I am always happy to do so.” Ariana said in regard to Blake’s mention of time. She made her way to a chair in the circle of discussion area, seating herself and crossing her legs. Her hands rested on her lap as she sat in a comfortable but upright manner.

Shaking her head slightly, she responded to her cousin’s comment. “Yes, it is a tragedy. From what I understand thus far, he is not speaking to the authorities about his motives.” Ariana spoke in a gentle and factual tone. “Twelve victims and fifty eight injured. I wonder what sort of point he was attempting to make.” The Lordess' hand gestured to Blake. "I do not wish to begin on a sour note Mr. Reese. However, I do like to keep informed of current events. There are some things that one cannot ignore."

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

OCC
    PRE

Blake take the handshake offered by Ricardo without hesitation, despite the pressure of two greater beasts against his own. His grip, like many other things about him, is earnest and forthright. "Whip Rodriguez, Blake Reese of the Sanctified, childe of Mother Sofia Godard, raised in the Domain of Los Angeles. Pleased to meet the both of you." When offered a seat by Ariana, he takes one once across from her once she herself has sat. Respecting her wish to leave the topic of the shootings aside, he picks another one once Ricardo is seated. "Again, thank you both for seeing me tonight. I wanted to meet and pay my respects to the leadership of the Clan before much time had passed. I also wished to inquire as to any specific information you feel is pertinent to the the Clan or it's honor here in Sacremento." It was a polite way to ask about family secrets, who needs help, who needs watching, who has shown signs of... instability. Talk of all of these things were verboten by tradition, tact and simple common sense when one is in mixed company. The collective honor of the Lords could be a very fragile thing in the 'wrong hands', unfortunately sometimes the 'wrong hands' were Lords themselves.

After a moment to let the cautious note of the last statement pass, he continues. "And of course, to answer any questions either of you might have of me."

E
    Ebon Reaper

The Mexican Lord takes his seat once Blake does. If he's seated, he isn't as much of a threat and I don't have to make him uncomfortable.

The discussion of the tragedy is an interesting one, so the Hispanic Venture adds his take. "Madam Donovan, I think it is possible that he wasn't trying to make any statement. When the man was arrested by police, he told them he was the Joker. In the movie before, another character said that the Joker just wanted to watch the world burn." The implication of that is even worse for our kind.

As for talking about Clan business, Ricardo is perfectly content to let Ariana take the lead on that. After all, she is my superior in the Clan and the City. He looks in her direction and waits patiently.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana observed the new Ventrue as he spoke. It was with purpose and succinct as he described the reason for his visit. “It is likewise, a pleasure to meet you as well Mr. Reese.” Her hands moved gently while she began to answer his initial questions. “As for your inquiry to specific clan information; the one thing I can tell you is that we do not permit the teaching of our Family’s Gift to other clans. I believe other Families also hold this to be true, perhaps not verbally, but it is implied.”

Her hand folded one way on her lap as she explained their numbers. “As with the other clans in the Domain, our numbers fluctuate as time passes. We are not at odds with any other clans.” Her head turned gently as she asked Blake. “But perhaps you may have more specific questions?”

Her hand gestured to the new Lord as she continued. “I would like to hear about you as well Mr. Reese. What brought you to Sacramento and what your interests may be; general or specific.” The Lordess was pleased with his approach to directness, yet amiable from what she could tell so far.

Ariana turned to Ricardo while he spoke of the Colorado incident. “I wonder how many Kindred were at the midnight showing as well. From what I have seen so far from broadcasts, he is not one of our own. Sometimes life imitating art goes awry taking with it the unsuspecting victims in its grasp.” Her words were not directed toward the Whip specifically, but an address to Blake as well.

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

OCC
    PRE

It was interesting how she phrased her thoughts about the shooting. The idea that the shooter might have been Kindred never occurred to him, the amount of photographs taken of the man precluded it idea from taking shape in Blake's mind. He wondered to himself, why would it occur to her? There wasn't any kind of secret law that said the only monsters were vampires, mortals could do plenty of horrible things all on their own. "Honestly, I'm less concerned with the people that do this kind of thing than I am the people that glorify it. Whenever something like this happens, it's talked about on the news to death and since all the speculation about it is avaliable with only a moment's effort, it turns into a specticle that lets people live vicariously through their smartphones. Herostratus writ large, with updates at seven and ten o clock and tweets every fifteen minutes. He's already getting fan mail." Blake shakes his head sadly.

"But for myself," He says, changing topics, "I spent almost two decades teaching high school down in Los Angeles before my embrace last year. Afterwards, I obviously couldn't continue and so I learned from my Sire in the Abbey she was a part of. Now I'm something of a student of both human and kindred nature. I'm still growing to understand my Purpose and the more information about myself and others that I have, the better armed I'll be." He nods in thought at the only restriction placed on him as a member of the Clan and he considers how to best word his question about it. "Forgive me for asking for clarification. But should someone outside the Clan wish to learn our secrets, are the lessons banned outright or would the interested parties need to be directed to you to discuss some means of repayment for the honor? I don't wish to make any assumptions on your behalf."

E
    Ebon Reaper

Both of the other Lords brought up interesting points about the shooting. He began by addressing Ariana's question. "If one or more were there, they did the right thing for the Masquerade. Unfortunately, that meant letting something horrible happen to those people and having to avoid being detained for questioning for too long." It was horrible for both Kindred and Kine. Then he turned back to Blake. "Do you think it is possible that some Kindred encourage that coverage? If it made people more miserable, some might say that it served the Purpose."

At his discussion of teaching Clan secrets, Ricardo just looked back to Ariana. She was Priscus and could tell the newcomer the same thing she told him so long ago. Then again, she could have always changed her mind.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana was focused on Blake while he spoke. She wondered, for a moment, what Sidor would think of him. From first impressions, it seemed they had similar views on kine and reasoning. Time would truly tell how it would go. “I truly agree with your views on that Mr. Reese. The saying ‘bad news travels fast’ is now tenfold to what it was twenty years ago. This is due in part to the digital age, the other part to those who are eager to receive it.”

“If I may ask, what did you teach Mr. Reese?” Ariana had not encountered a high school teacher before in Sacramento who was now a Kindred. There were others who did things at a university level, but from what she recalled of secondary school, it was a different breed of students. Her hand raised slightly with an invitational gesture to Blake. “Perhaps you could share why you traveled to Sacramento as well.” The copper haired Ventrue said inviting him to share if he wished. She always wanted to hear the reasons straight from the source if possible.

“To clarify, yes, they are banned outright and thank you for asking.” The Lordess was genuine in her words. “Although I have never heard of an emergency situation that it would be necessary, if something of this caliber arises, I would appreciate being informed immediately.”

Looking to Ricardo as he mentioned his thoughts on the Colorado matter, Ariana responded still in her normal tones. “I think for the most part, our Society tries not to get too involved in media coverage that risky. Of course, someone may be influenced; however, I think it would be unwise to risk a tradition for such things.” Yet the Hispanic Lord knew the power of influence, no matter where it came from.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread