Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Body at Bismark

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Jonathan Cook was pacing, again.

Only some of the calls he had made had gone through, and he still had to deal with a body in his lobby. The long haired man looked back over at the deceased.

It was difficult not too. It was like watching a train wreck, and he couldn’t do anything about it, just sitting there like it was waiting.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

PRE

Gallows arrived at the Bismarck in a state of rushed confusion. To be fair, this was not the first time he had been called about someone finding a dead body--but usually it was in some sort of professional capacity as an undertaker or coroner. This 'Jonathan Cook' had known him as Gallows, even though Gallows had no idea who he was...and Gallows needed to know what was going on.

He walked through the door of the lobby, looking around. Assuming that Cook is the only (living) person, he will say "What exactly is going on here?"

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

"You took the words right out of my mouth," Says Ixidor as he strides in just after Gallows. The look on the rocker's face is a grim one, which is not uncharacteristic for him so much as it is the face of the beast, this moment. He is a man of intense persona, whichever emotion that happens to be picking at him at the moment emanates from him in waves.

Right now, it is smouldering dread. After the identity of the last body was revealed, he isn't exactly looking forward to learning this one. He has his suspicions. But if they are correct, he will be very, very angry.

Ix looks to the guy with hair lighter and longer than his own. "Are you Cook?" He give Gallows a nod, but due to the seriousness of the situation, you can understand why he's skipping pleasantries.

OOC
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus follows not far behind, body language subtly animal-like. Eyes survey those present, and it's clear he's agitated -- even moreso than he'd been over the phone.

For the moment, he dispenses with words. He doubted that any more prodding at Jonathan would move things any quicker.

Cook looked to the three mages that had just arrived and stopped pacing. “In order, There’s a body right there, I don’t know where it came from, nor do I know how It got into my lobby. Bismarck has been closed for the past few months due to renovations, and I only just came back to see that.” He pointed at the body which was partially covered by a sheet.

“And yes I am Jonathan Cook.” His voice seemed strained, “Thank you for coming, I was unable to get a hold of the others, and was starting to grow desperate.”

Anyone who looks at the body, Perception check.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

Vigil
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow

clueless Thyrsus is clueless
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-06 19:27:49 Animus rolls 8 to Wits + Comp (10 Again) 5, 7, 3, 7, 7, 7, 5, 4 failure

PRE

Perception
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-06 20:14:53 Gallows rolls 6 to rolls perception (10 Again) 4, 5, 3, 10, 10, 4, 2, 4 2 successes

Gallows looked from the body to the man, then back to the body, then back to the man. "I'm sorry," he said, trying to remain relatively friendly-sounding but having difficulty. "But I still don't know why it is you called...well, us, seeing as I do not know you and have never been to this hotel before. Why not the police?"

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

1 suxx Perception
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-08 00:42:46 Ixidor rolls 4 to perception; Wits + Comp (10 Again) 2, 8, 1, 7 1 success

Ixidor gives the Hierarch a nod of greeting as well, but says nothing to him. He'll have to say something in a moment, but something can wait. The feral mannerisms of Animus are too vague for the Théarch to pick up on directly, but there's a small part of his mind, the part that is all primal instinct, that flashes an entirely reflexive warning. That thing is not in a cage, and I don't have a gun.

It's silly, because he's reasonably confident that the Mages gathered here are all on each others' side. The rational mind takes over in a millisecond.

Glancing first to the body, and then to the state of the lobby, Ix takes in the scene with a sweep of his eyes. His chin turns only once, but the wild raven mane exaggerates the movement, slightly.
    "Is there anyone else here right now, Jonny? That you know of, that is." His voice is casual, and he isn't looking directly at either of the speaking men; focused on the scene instead. That doesn't mean he isn't listening to them, of course.
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

The body is lain out spread eagle, the back arched in what could be pain or perhaps pleasure. His chest reveals him as a male, although his body is slight and feminine. The skin tone is semi-dark which make the track marks along the arms stand out so much more

At the end of his arms there are no hands and in his face no eyes. From the waist down the body is covered with a white sheet that has been only slightly stained with blood. Judging by the rises of the sheet there are no feet on the body.

The body’s mouth hangs open just enough to show the tongue is missing as well.
    The results of the perception have been PMed to you
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Cook lets out a sigh, “The Hotel was still locked down after the body was delivered, and I know for a fact it wasn’t in the building before that. So either one of the workers that just finished getting the place back into useable state decided to drop a body or it was placed here through the solid walls and unbroken, unopened, locked windows. Besides if I didn't need you here, I probably wouldn't have called.”

He looked over at the rockstar “and yes I did check the building, there isn’t anyone else here. That being said, I called you three because you are on my list of people associated with the Silver Ladder, and because unless something major happened recently -- the Bismarck is chartered to the Silver Ladder.”

He let his arms fall behind his back, fully expecting looks of acknowledgement.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread