A Brief Conversation in the Park

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••

+1
    SL
    PRE

Looking directly at Kite, "I understand what you are saying, and I believe that it is only right for you to request a hearing, and I will support you." she said, "I never said I wouldn't. But as a Councilor myself, I was only attempting to see things from each point of view. Granted, I am still coming to terms with the position and am learning. But can you understand it from my point of view? I don't believe you are lying, not in the least, but I just want to make sure I completely understand things before throwing my hat in the ring with this." she replied, her voice even. "You are clearly and understandably upset, and if it is a hearing you request, then I will do what I can to help you get it." what would come of the hearing, she didn't know, but if it would put his mind at ease, then so be it.

Turning to Cog, "Well, consider the Councilor of the Acanthus informed." she said with a smile, and places a hand on her chest, to indicate herself as said Councilor. "He has my support, but I wanted to make sure my thoughts were heard on the matter. I may blessed to be able to make rash decisions, as long as Fate wills it, but I try not to rush into a situation without thinking it over. I am offering my support, but I wanted to make sure I had the facts from Kite, and if things go well, I hope to hear what Animus has to say as well. I am new to the whole game of politics, so I am treading lightly." she replied.
    Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••(Glimmering Eyes)/Status •• (Medical)

“Thanks” Kite smiled at Toby. “That’s all I can really ask for.”

Kite, initially glancing back and forth between the chess board and his fellow willworkers, suddenly gives the chessboard a peculiar look. After a few moments staring at it in silence, he finally – seemingly reluctantly – tips over his King.

“Dang”
    he says as he picks himself up. “Looks like he wins again” he says wryly.

Kite looks at his fellow libertines as he starts to put everything away. “That’s all I needed to talk about” he concludes, before turning to Cog. “I agree with you that the way we currently govern is… well, it doesn’t make much sense” he remarks, “but that’s something for another day.” Kite finishes as he puts the last chess piece into a small leather bag.

“I definitely appreciate the support from both of you”
    he says, clearly grateful. “Do either of you have any questions you want to ask before we go?”

Satisfied that there were no further questions, Kite finished packing his things in preparation to leave. “Again, thank you… both of you” he said gratefully to his two fellow libertines. “I’ll see you both at the meeting!” he adds, as he starts to make his way out of the park.

End Scene

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread