DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Four frowns slightly at that, Arrows were one of the two he had more interest in. "Mixed bag on why I came to you, I knew you were the senior most member of the Veil, but wasn't sure if you led them or not, plus, you'd know the leaders of the other orders. I was thinking of Tagging along with the Arrows or your people, next. So, this works out better than I expected. I was nervous that you'd have to ask someone if it was okay."

The Giant gives a soft chuckle at that. Right Contacts indeed.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

"Not any more..." Ariadne sounds vaguely wishful? possibly? at the notion of having superior still. "But yep, that's me. If you wanted to talk with the right Arrows... well Tamwood is a Sentinel and West used to be the Magister of the Arrow. He stepped down for personal reasons." She shifts in her chair to get more comfortable.

"So what have you heard of the Veil?"

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Four hesitates, takes a breath, then answers, "I know that - I honestly don't know much. Back before I moved to Sacramento... I wasn't too keen on getting myself attached to the consillium since I was in the process of planning a move, but the Veil there had tried to herd is the best word, I guess, but heard me into an apprenticeship and nudge me into signing up for training under them. A couple weeks before I made my final move, I found out that various members of the Veil had been talking some Moroi and Thyrsi out of giving me any quick lessons by pointing at my initial discomfort with being a Moros as a, well, as a bad sign for how I might develop as a mage? So to be honest that soured me from learning much about your order until now."

He winced slightly at the end, knowing that he had rambled a bit, but at least the worst part was over with, hopefully.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Flickers of emotion play across the Epopt's face as she process Four's story. Internally she sighs before speaking.

"I am not sure why they would have tried to herd, as you say, yourself to our Order. If you are not fit for what we do it is best to make sure we find the right fit." This time she sighs out loud and holds up a hand to slow any disputes he may have. "However if you were appearing to slip towards becoming a Banisher...well it is easier to handle a Banisher when they posse less of a threat. However at the same time it would have been smarter to find an Order that appealed to you and have you apprenticed with a cabal of theirs. From that there would be two groups of eyes on you seeing how you progress."

There is a small smile. "Besides not everyone loves suddenly waking up and finding out everything is a Lie. So I can understand some discontent with life afterwards."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Four gives a nod. The Banisher thing... "That's one of the reasons I'm doing this, err, that is, avoiding going that route is one of the reasons I'm trying to meet and understand the orders now? I've heard that it's better to have strong connection with mages, to avoid letting that kind of potential affect you?"

He shifts nervously, then adds, "Err, as for their actions, I'll admit that until I found out that they'd been dissuading other from Approaching me, my main objection was that I was in the middle of a move and it really wasn't the time for it. So I really would like to know more about what you do."

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

"You can have strong connections with mages even if you aren't part of an Order though. Don't feel like you are shoe-horned into joining one or that we will hunt you. You would have to start acting like a Banisher before we took those steps. We are still human. Well most of us claim to be at least." Ariadne grins playfully at that part. "Banishers...they don't like magic. They don't like being free of the Lie. Except unlike those of us who didn't like it initially they get violent. They hunt us. All of us. While the Seers may be a bunch of cowards who grovel to their gods. They aren't nearly as crazy as Banishers are."

"So relax."

She shifts in her seat. "The Veil, we respect magic. We respect what it is, where it's from. We protect it so that the Abyss doesn't grow and make it even harder for us to call upon the Towers we inscribed our Names on. So that Souls with the right potential can continue to stretch across the Abyss of inscribe themselves on the Towers and join us back here."

"Of course people don't always like what we do. Some things are easy, hiding a book or destroying it if what it contains is too dangerous to leave around. Sometimes life is harder. Sometimes we have to make decisions that others find uncomfortable. We do it for the good of the Awakened, what we stain our Souls with we do so that others do not have too. We accept it so that others can pursue the paths to Wisdom with less burden."

"Finally but of equal importance, we believe that those who prove their worth deserve to lead. Having money or the right blood or material power means nothing if you are weak or corrupt. We each individually have to prove why we are worthy to pursue the Mysteries, to stand amongst and at times above our fellow mages."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Four gave a nod, he wasn't going to correct her on his intent being solely to join an order - it would be nice if he could but just meeting and connecting with them was it's own reward. Besides, Ariadne was getting into what the Veil does, and he wanted to pay attention to that.

"How does the protecting magic thing work? I mean, everyone's heard stories true of exaggerated, but stories, of what the Veil will do, but I don't know, I've never heard much about protecting magic."

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

"Before the present, before the Fall, magic was easier. What Masters can do now a days is nothing compared to mages of old. The Abyss is what makes magic so difficult. It is the cage that locks us in the Lie. When you call upon the supernal when there are sleepers and your calling doesn't go as planned. That is the Abyss noticing your work through the sleepers around you. Every Paradox committed strengths the Abyss and makes it harder for our kind to use our Souls and call upon the Supernal realm." Ariadne watches Four as she speaks, watching to see how he reacts.

"Every bit of information about the True World, the Lie, the Supernal. Ever piece that falls into sleeper hands strengthens the Abyss. Every failed spell they seek to perform in their misshapen rituals strengthen it. The stronger the Abyss gets the weaker magic will become in our world. We Guardians seek to preserve magic and ensure that the Abyss does not swallow our world whole and confine us all to the Lie."

"Stories are stories, Everything is from someone's view point. Never forget that, no matter what the context is. Yes we commit acts that may make some uncomfortable but those same acts allow others to pursue the Mysteries with a purer soul."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Four remains polite, but it's clear that his attention slips faintly as she goes on and his question isn't answered to his satisfaction. There's a long pause as Ariadne finishes, and the moroi debates his response. She's giving me a party-line, isn't she. Fuck, that doesn't answer what I was really asking at all, and do I call her out on it or rephrase the question? I want to at least earn her respect from this. Those in Power have to prove there worth to lead, right?

He takes a breath, and meets her eyes squarely, "I've been around enough to figure out when someone is giving me the glossy version of something, Ariadne. I wasn't clear, I suppose, but I wanted more specific examples then that - like, the Failed spells bit, how do the Guardians combat that? What about Paradox? How do you face those, or not, and why? If you just gloss over everything I'm never going to get an idea of what your order is, or if I could grow to respect them." It was firm, but he hoped the Show of interest would let her know what he'd been hoping for initially. he'd just have to make a point of asking more specific questions.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

Blue eyes look into Four for a moment.

"We do our best to find who is responsible and persuade them to not let it happen again. If someone becomes a repeat offender then we take more drastic measures. There is nothing we can do to heal the Abyss or at least nothing I know of. It is beyond anything we can do. Otherwise we would be looking into that greatly."

"We can not fix so we prevent. As best

we

can."
    She looks Four in the eyes as she says it. Knowledge has a cost. And I am not worthy of this.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread