Mana: Full
    WP: -2
    Vae
    Adamantine Arrow, ObrimosSentinel

Status (Culture) •
    Status (Emergency Services) • [Officer Gideon]
    ST INFO

PRE

Vaeltia’s mouth snaped shut, and her eyes burn clear with rage. She let the ties of the Aether fall from her throat and dropped her hands to her sides.

They were clenching and unclenching in an attempt to contain her rage. The Obrimos let her eyes close as she let out a stuttering breath through her nose.

One....Two....

Three.....Four....Five....

Logically....

Six....Seven....

Who are you?

Oopsies

Vaeltia’s eyes flashed again, this time the anger rising hotter than before, but she kept herself from casting the spell again.

Who are you to say anything? You’re nothing but an absentee counselor who should have been stripped of power months ago.” She looked up at the woman and her crossed arms, and then beyond her to the Hierarch.

And you Animus, your strength has left you, you are constantly searching for a base, you are not fit to be hierarch. Your throne has become a cage, and you no longer want it.” She paused for a moment as the pressure of tears began behind her eyes.

Sometimes the truth hurts. For once the Daimon said something that wasn’t going to tear her down inside, but she had to finish what she had started.

Neither of you are fit for the positions you hold. I may be nothing but an apprentice and a child, but even I have eyes.” Tears were falling from her eyes, as the words and feelings within her bubbled up and over. Her small form still standing resolute, and her voice still hard, like a final judgment being proclaimed.
    Speaking {0FAF0B} || Thinking {8340A8}

nimbus

Vigil
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow

not afraid
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-28 21:57:33 Animus rolls 6 to rest of the roll (10 Again) 5, 6, 10, 10, 10, 4, 5, 3, 10, 5 4 successes
    2012-06-28 21:57:20 Animus rolls 1 to Res + Comp (10 Again) 6 failure

Starbursts in the dark, the crack of autofire. The raw pain of hundreds of bullets tearing through his flesh. The Thyrsus reels backward, nearly falling out of his chair ... until he suddenly hits a mental wall, and bounces. He lunges forward with an inhuman snarl. He had to cut off that sound, stop the pain it was causing.

The sight of his lover brings him up short. The one person he couldn't do anything to hurt. If she dared to get between them, then ...

The thought, such as it is, is cut off by the re-emergence of that devilish voice. And this time, directed towards ... her. Words had ceased to have meaning, but he didn't need to be told that his beloved was under attack.

And he had to protect her.

He ducks around Triquetra, the animal aggression saturating his body language as he parks himself between her and Vae. A low growl issues toward Vaeltia, and the message is clear: back off, or else.

3 suxx to intimidate
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-28 22:34:51 Animus rolls 5 to Pres + Intim (10 Again) 2, 2, 8, 10, 9, 1 3 successes

No need to interrupt posting for it, but I'd like to ask for a round of initiative, in case things continue to escalate.

Init 20, just in case
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-28 22:35:39 Animus + 16 rolls 1 die for initiative 4

3. Likes Jag, RebornSeas, Key liked this post
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

This is a ghost, but his appearance is rather strong.
    Closer inspection would reveal several bruises and a closed wound on the back of his head.

Corpus: 8 - WP: 7 - Max Essence: 10

PRE

'Please everyone, sit down.' Mike is not good at remaining calm, and this is the voice of someone trying to do that. Everything is going wrong here. He brought them all together for more order and to share good ideas.

This is a disaster... but maybe an inevitable one.

One look at Vaeltia: 'Let's not use any magic before someone gets hurt. And let's keep talking like normal people.' Then he turns his attention at Animus. One is shouting very hard and the other is growling like an animal.

'I suppose that before we go on with the business we came here for...' It feels a bit senseless to talk to the three mages, yet the Sentinel continues, 'it might be best if Councilor Triqueta and Hierarch Animus answer Vaeltia's assumption.'

I do not entirely disagree with her... that's the bad thing.

Initiative = 12
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-29 05:15:07 Mike rolls 1 die for initiative 7
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow ●, SL ●● (Trained Body), Presence ●●● (Feminine Elegance), Consilium Status ●●
    Played by Dark Passenger

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

L

A "duh" was on the tip of her tongue when Vaeltia pointed out that she wasn't a good Councilor. That she'd never particularly claimed to be, or wanted the position, and had been eager to name a Provost for a reason.

But...then the situation escalated a bit.

One of the (relatively few) downsides to Animus's honing was that it was all but impossible to keep yourself between him and someone else. He was just too quick.

Mike's words barely even register through the burgeoning dread that was arising due to the rapidly increasing chance of violence. And hints of panic were clearly audible in her own voice at this point.

"Animus! Don't!"

Initiative: 17
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-29 15:39:11 Triquetra rolls 1 die for initiative 10

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Striking Looks ●● (Fierce)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Vae

Status (Culture) •
    ST INFO

PRE

resistance: 2suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-29 17:28:07 Vaeltia rolls 9 to Res+Comp (10 Again, WillPower) 1, 9, 2, 4, 5, 6, 4, 4, 10, 7 2 successes

The tears that had begun to flow continued down her eyes, as the growl that came from the hierarch made her actually take the steps backward, three to be exact. She cringed and raised her hands to protect her head and shifted back a few paces, nearly falling to the ground.

No, no, no, no, no.” her voice, resolute moments ago now very nearly dissolving further into hysterics.

Where is the man that I flew with?

Initiative: 13
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-29 17:28:17 Vaeltia rolls 1 die for initiative 7

nimbus

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••

+1
    SL
    PRE

She gently shakes her head, the news still setting in. Rosh was dead?! What the hell was going on around here? She wondered of the the rest of the Free Council knew, and didn't want to be the one to break that news, she did enough of that with her job.

Toby can only watch the exchange, and the growing tension in the room. She bit her lip, not sure what she was to say, where her place was, or what the yelling was all about. She takes a step back, both to observe better, and to get herself out of the way of any magic that may or not happen.

Initiative 7
    Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••(Glimmering Eyes)/Status •• (Medical)

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

His lover's cry slices through him, and in that instant he knew that giving in to that destructive instinct would hurt Triquetra just as surely as if he'd pun around and claawed her. Again he slams into a mental wall, but his time the effect is much different.

In an instant, the instincts sustaining the Thyrsus fall away, and he sinks to the ground, drained physically, mentally, and emotionally. Tired eyes look up at Vaeltia, and he struggles to force out complete sentences. Still, something drove him. They needed to know. "Don't go off on Triq. She may have just ... saved your life. Certainly kept you from being ... hurt. As for me ... won't try to justify ... except ... yelling brought me back ... one of my worse combats."

Animus falls silent for a long moment, struggling to gather enough strength to at least be understood clearly. "Next Consilium meeting, the first order of business will be a new Hierarch. I've waited too long, put too many in danger, trying to hold out for the right person. Didn't think it would turn out ... like this." Eyes flick downward, exhaustion mixing with the deepset misery. It felt all wrong. But it was.

At least the cage would finally be lifted.

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Striking Looks ●● (Fierce)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Vae

Status (Culture) •
    ST INFO

PRE

The Obrimos sank to the floor, her face hidden in her hands.

Worthless, I really am worthless, I can’t do anything, nothing at all. The scars she wore burned cold, as her quiet sobs enveloped her.

It was just too much.

I can't always be strong.

nimbus

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

This is a ghost, but his appearance is rather strong.
    Closer inspection would reveal several bruises and a closed wound on the back of his head.

Corpus: 8 - WP: 7 - Max Essence: 10

PRE

The Sentinel stays down on his seat. He watches everything happen, Vaeltia damn crying! Might he ever had a thought of mages before his awakening, he would think of them as wise people. Gandalf, Dumbledore, even Mike has heard of them. But these guys and girls aren't even capable of having a normal discussion.

He stands up. 'Good, a Consilium Meeting. I believe we are incapable of continuing this peacefully. I suggest that Hierarch Animus contacts the Herald to make the meeting known. There, I will launch some ideas.' Sigh. 'After making this all known... I suppose Animus and Councilor Triqueta go the body that is found.'

The Moros looks at everyone with a blank expression. 'Everyone, consider the new positions that need to be filled. Those who are interested should make that known at the Meeting.' If no one else can take decisions, Mike will.

'Anything else?'
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow ●, SL ●● (Trained Body), Presence ●●● (Feminine Elegance), Consilium Status ●●
    Played by Dark Passenger

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread