Ended
Watch

The Ladder meets with the Herald

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Lux

PRE

Another day dawned and the pulse and flow of the Consilium had to be continued. Stagnation and idleness were easy to slip into, and might seem like preferable, like stability at first, but only motion and change would send the Consilium towards its destination. Thus Lux had arranged for a meeting between Ixidor, the Herald, and herself to discuss the state of the city; it was time to start making good on the deal they had worked out with the Hierarch.

The Deacon waited inside her favored spot of business, a private room within the Written-in-Water, waiting for her colleague and the Herald to arrive. A teapot and three cups were set out on the table.

OOC
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

A few minutes ahead of schedule, believe it or not, Ixidor pokes his head in the meeting room door. Really fast, and just his head. Almost at a sideways angle, like some fucking cartoon. Grinning wild-haired idiocy at Lux for a moment, he pauses before strolling on in.

He does like to make an entrance.

"Well, you're a sight for sore eyes," he says with his arms out, on the way to take on of the provided seats. "Been staring a half-drunk crowds and club lights for the last month or so." Here, his phone makes a random appearance... as though Ix is reminding himself precisely what month is actually is.

"How are ya?"

Ixidor's appearance is as his minisheet pic
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne walks into Written in Water then makes her way to the back room. There is always this feeling of apprehension when Ariadne is in Written. Not having any protection up just feels wrong. Peeking into the room Ariadne moves into it.

"Deacon." She nods her head respectfully. "Ixidor" He gets a smile.

Lux

PRE

Just before Lux could do more than greet Ixidor, the Herald entered the room, so the Deacon just shot her colleague a quick smile before standing and crossing to the side of the table.

"Welcome, Herald Ariadne," she offered in greeting, smiling politely and extending a hand. "Please, have a seat and some tea, if you'd like. I know you have many things to attend to, so thank you for this meeting. Also, feel free to dispense with the Honorifics, if you deem it suitable. It is the Consilium we're wishing to discuss, but it's nothing official, simply a chance to converse and learn more about what's happening in the city so we can better aid it."
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Ixidor pauses, with a lean-to against his hand on the back of the chair. Though his posture is as confidently casual as a person's can get, his nod to Ariadne is respectful. The wild mane of black hair follows the motion, lagging a fraction of a second behind. He glances to be sure the door is closed behind her before speaking. "Herald Ariadne, good to see you again. I hope this talk will give us all a chance to build some bridges together."

The Rocker stays leaned to the chair, unmoving, until Ariadne sits.

What? He can be polite, and a cocky bastard at the same time. Ixidor would rather wrongfully be called arrogant, and get things done, than to rightfully be called humble, and allow everything to continue on passively around him without change.

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne shakes Lux's offered hand. Business maybe? "Tea would be great." Taking a seat Ariadne looks between the two Ladders with a calm smile. "I wasn't sure exactly why you wanted to meet. But this sounds like it will be enjoyable." She waves a hand towards the table with a happy grin. "If this isn't formal then lets all sit down" She glances at Ixidor with the same grin. "or lean on a chair and have some tea."

Lux

PRE

"Of course," Lux replied with a nod and a smile. She returned to her seat and then poured a cup of tea for each of them, doing so with an air of formal precision before relaxing into her seat.

"Well, as you're probably aware, the Ladder has been ailing for some time, and while we've gotten it back to its feet, we've been somewhat secluded and haven't been able to help the Consilium overmuch. We've come to the point where we can finally start devoting our energy to where it should be going, but we don't want to start stumbling around blind. So we figured it would be best to speak with one of the most informed and connected Awakened of the city, but to do so on a more personal level. After all, it's the people that make up the Consilium, so you can't truly know it unless you know the people."

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

"Oooh, I can just keep leaning, if I want?" Ixidor jokes playfully, even as he tries to match Ariadne's grin with his own sort of lazy looking smile while slipping into the chair. "I do like leaning. I'm sort of a leaner."

More like an idiot.

He nods his thanks to Lux pouring tea for them, taking his cup with both tattooed hands carefully. He doesn't play around with hot liquids since Skadoosh flared his Nimbus in the middle of the establishment and caused Ix to burn the shit out of himself with the coffee he'd been drinking.

Every Consilium has its fair share of wacky willworkers, but damn.

"Yes, we would prefer to assist the city as a whole," the rocker chimes in respectfully after Lux, his demeanor slightly less whimsical now. "Rather than put our Order forth at the expense of any others, or cause a rift among those who choose to remain Apostate." For whatever reason anyone would do that.

"First things first, we have to get a grip on the who's who and what's going on, before we can figure out how the Thιarchs can integrate better with the Consilium, and help everyone out."

He isn't about to start bombarding Ariadne with questions, though. It's good enough that they are all smiling and speaking openly with one another.

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

Ariadne nods in thanks when tea is given to her. After taking a sip she looks between the two Ladders.

"First off unless I have missed something, I don't believe that our Consilium is going anywhere at the moment. Though Sentinel Tamwood will soon be asking that any mages who encounter something new, dangerous or noteworthy report it to himself or Sentinel Moris. Ideally this will allow us to respond to outside threats quickly and to avoid any repeats of the Circle."

"Provosts are a new addition to our community and I am not sure of any significant actions on their parts yet? The Councilors typically act more as advisers to the community unless events call for more direct control. Animus seems content to let us all live our lives without overt interference."

Lux

PRE

"Ah, but that's the thing. It should be going somewhere, and I can't help but feel that there are probably those in the the city that are, to use a cliche, moving and shaking things up. We were wondering if you had your eye on anyone doing this. Sentinel Tamwood for one, it seems, but are there any other capable Awakened who you notice might be moving to take initiative in helping the city?" Lux queried, watching the herald intently.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread