Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Basics of Fencing

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

When Terri arrived at the Four Seasons, the first thing she did search out Mr. Bates and thank her fellow Autumn Courtier for allowing Danny and her to utilize one of the hotel's dance studios for some private practice. She was glad to see that the previous animosity between them both had passed, scattered to nothing but memory, a memory Terri was glad to forget.

With Autumn's Tempest securely wrapped in a brown silk piece of fabric, Terri entered the dance studio and began to warm up her muscles with a series of stretches and tumbles, nut really sure how fencng students prepared themselves but knowing damn well how her own body did.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

K
    Kazakin

Danny scuttled into the dance studio with a concerned and over-focused look on his face. The pallid Wizened was still off-put by the text message, even though he knew perfectly well what she meant.

She's just being friendly. Friendly. I don't know why I keep thinking about that, but she was just being friendly and I am being stupid as heck even remembering that a married woman said that, so I'm going to stop thinking now.

He smiled at her, his grip tightening only fractionally on his cane out of nerves.

"Hi Terri!"

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

As Terri finished her series of stretches and tumbles, she looked round towards Danny, smiling. "Hey Danny, how're you? Been busy, I hope," she chuckled, knowing that he the Wizened was getting more popular especially when it came to matters of sculpting and his metalcraft. If Marcus isn't careful...she mused letting the thought trail away.

"I've thanked Mr. Bates for letting us use the dance studio, and promised him we wouldn't sever any limbs. Health and safety rules, apparently," the Beast joked.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)

K
    Kazakin

"Oh... still working. Crafting the Emblem's taking a long time, but I want it to be more than good. I want it to be perfect, when I'm done," Danny said, his voice almost dreamy. "The models are the hardest bit. I've almost finished the tree itself." He seemed so unlike his usual nervous self when he talked about the emblem. Even his posture changed, showing a glimmer of what he would look like if he'd just stop hunching all the time.

"Heh, um... yes. We'd better fence sheathed until you've gotten the hang of it. It's easy to hurt someone by accident with a sharp weapon if you're not in perfect control of it," the Smith added, the sheepish look coming back.

Description

PRE

"Glad to hear it," Terri replied, confident in Danny's skill at crafting the sculpture she had comissioned, and was always happy to see how different he was when talking about his craft, his confidence shining through.

"Yeah, totally. I'm not one for being stabbed."

It had happened before. Terri still hadn't forgiven the Changeling who had done it.

As she thought back to the Ash Run a couple of years ago, the Beast glazed over slightly. When she returned to the room, Terri smiled apologetically. "Shall we start then?" she asked, eagerly.

K
    Kazakin

"...Is anyone?" Danny said, looking thoughtful. "That'd be a pretty weird thing to enjoy." He took a breath and smiled, looking at Terri.

"Okay," he said, flexing his fingers around the hilt of his cane. "Point the rapier at me. I want to see how you're holding it."

Description

PRE

Unwrapping the perfectly crafted rapier, Terri took a solid hold of the handle, the strength in her arm quite surprising and proving that she at least knew the pointy end from the grippy end. It wasn't the most comfortable thing in her hand, much preferring her slingshot, but it was something that she could get used to with more practice.

K
    Kazakin

"Well, at least I don't need to tell you that the sharp end goes in people," Danny said nervously, examining Terri's grip. "Okay... just make sure you don't tighten up. A sword is an extension of your arm. You have to move it like it is." He lifted his cane, showing his own grip. It was light, loose, the long fingers providing extra security with the joint.

Description

PRE

"Yeah, Rick showed me some basics of holding a blade although he tends to favour a knife, so the length of Tempest may take some getting used to."

Adjusting her stance, Terri gripped the rapier lighter, her tail also moving to help with her balance.

K
    Kazakin

"Good, that's, that's good!" Danny said, an odd sort of focus in his voice that somehow didn't manage to blot out his nerves. He hadn't exactly taught people before. This was all new to him. He stepped in front of her, and took a breath. "I, I want to see what you can manage, so just try and give me a poke while I'm trying to do the same to you. En garde."The word sounded oddly fluid in his mouth.

Initiative 18
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-05 17:32:48 Danny Tongs rolls 1 die for initiative 10

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread