Ended
Watch
71 - 80
DISPLAYED
And Off We Go!

Page 8 of 12 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last
    m
    miniatureian

A bit relieved that this wasn't a hobo army gathering, and a bit annoyed that this hobo couldn't understand subtle differences between questions, Terra concluded that the nervousness simply stemmed from them appearing like cops: suddenly and with lots of questions. She bit her tongue, also interested in the answer to Heath's question, and assumed that distributing food at the end would restore some small amount of goodwill.

She mentally updated her threat list.
    A) Mundane cause of hobos gathering
    B) Arcadian Invasion disguised as hobos.
    C) Arcadian Invasion using hobos as pawns.
    D) Unforseen CRAZY.

Heath & Terra

The homeless man shakes his head at Heath's question. "Nah, we actually didn't come all at once," he says in reply. "At first it was only a few, but when word got around more started to show up." The hobo gives both of the Fairest a little shrug and then adds, "you know how that sort of thing is, and word travels fast amongst us street people."

By this point, the majority of the crowd in the playground has left, with only a couple of curious stragglers remaining. One of them is an older man that looks to be in his late 60s, the other a young girl who looks to be in her late teens. Both of them are sitting on a bench nearby, whispering to each other. Every so often, they look over to where Heath and Terra are talking with the other hobo, giving the pair a suspicious look.

Larry & Duncan

The Wizened manages to recall that the black tortoise is a common symbol in Asian cultures. In China, the symbol is associated with some constellations, and it is usually referred to as the "Black Warrior of the North." Larry also recalls that the black turtle is commonly associated with the element of water, and also the season of Winter.

Heath felt more and more convinced that nothing was really wrong here, or at the very least that the problem was more mundane than they theorized earlier. The hobo had been very kind to answer their few questions, being patient and probably expected a reward for his time rendered. Heath fished into one of his hidden places for a $5 bill and offered it appreciatively to the hobo. "Oh sure, I know just what you mean, nothing beats a walk on the grapevine. Thanks for your time, sir. I hope your new living situation works out, maybe you'll even find work here," adding the well-wishes as an afterthought.

He ticked his head to the side to Terra in a gesture that suggested they discuss things in private.

"Well, I'm not an expert. But I do know some stuff about it. Its a pretty common sight in asian cultures. Its associated with some consteliations and is called the black warrior of the north over there. Of course its also associated with water and surprisingly enough with the season of winter." He emphasises winter in the last one. An unasked question if the winter court might know something more about whatever is going on here. "So whoever did this either comes from asia or knows a bunch about the stuff there. I got no clue yet what the turtle would be doing here though."

m
    miniatureian

Terra flicks her eyes at the pair on the bench. An odder pair than themselves, as fey-touched as they were. What teenager hangs out with hobos? What teen hangs out with 60 year old hobos? Suddenly, Terra gets a thought that squicks against the common rules of society.

Threat list:
    A) Other things
    B) Bench whisperings
    C) Arcadian Invasion using hobos as pawns.
    D) Unforseen CRAZY.

Terra moves away with Heath. "The two of us seem to have cleared out the place. I'm sure it wasn't the jokes. They think we're cops, and frankly, I wouldn't put it past us. Though with you being so ~old~ and me being a little feminine, we'd warm the bench on most investigations." The joking in her voice held a steel edge, and she hoped the entertainer in him would see her accusation.

Heath & Terra

The homeless man's eyes widen slightly at the sight of the five dollar bill, which he gladly takes with a smile. "Thank you man, I appreciate that," he says to the Minstrel, pocketing the $5 that he is given. "Good luck on your survey! I hope y'all find what you are looking for." With those words, the hobo walks away as he starts to entertain ideas of how to spend the five dollars he had just gotten.

As the man walks away, the pair sitting by the bench glance over at the pair of Fairests once again. The girl whispers something into the older man's ear, and after he gives her a quick nod they both stand up and start walking in the opposite direction from the Lost.

Larry & Duncan

The ice Elemental frowns slightly at the information he is given. "Wait, so this may be related to Winter somehow?" he asks, the vapor fumes of his Mantle getting a little thicker. "Huh. So that Smudge guy may actually have something to do with this then. I'll have to ask Swilla about it, just to make sure." Duncan pauses for a moment as he takes another look at the graffiti, one of his eyebrows raising slightly.

"Asian you say? That's kinda weird man," he says to the Summer Wizened, giving him a slight shrug. "Maybe someone is marking their turf or something..." he let his words trail off, studying the turtle symbol a little closer.

"We could check for more of these signs. If somebody is marking their turf with this there gotta be more of them in the area." Larry reasoned. "Maybe we should check the surroundings of where those new homeless guy's are gathering first. They are a pretty sorrowfull bunch and winter is pretty linked with sorrow as much as I figure." he continued a bit on the idea that winter has something to do with it. "Might just be a coincidence. but we don't have any other leads then those things anyway."

m
    miniatureian

Terra rashly calls out to the two walking away, "Hey, did either of you want to participate in our survey too? I'm sure we could find some way to make it interesting. I know we've an entire knapsack of food, and everyone else left!"

Before Heath has a chance to respond to the eager Succubus she calls out to those who had been sitting on the bench. He's glad that the other homeless had gone already otherwise they might've been mobbed with the promise of food not to mention the handout of money he had just given away. Though the two who had been whispering were indeed suspicious Heath didn't have the same distrust as Terra did. "She's probably just his granddaughter," he whispered to her, though not altogether convinced himself. They must have seen him hand over the money, the fact that they were walking away meant they weren't looking for a handout themselves.

Heath & Terra

As Terra calls out to the pair, the girl turns to look at them once more and then turns to run. She motions for the older man to follow her lead, as they take off running.

Man: 1 suxx, Girl: 0 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-21 10:21:27 Homeless Girl rolls 4 to Stamina+Athletics to "get away" (10 Again) 3, 3, 1, 1 failure
    2012-07-21 10:21:04 Homeless Man rolls 3 to Stamina+Athletics to "get away" (10 Again) 3, 4, 8 1 success

OOC

Larry & Duncan

Duncan nods at Larry's suggestion. "Yeah, we could check around this neighborhood, see if we can find any more," says the Elemental in response. "Maybe we find a pattern or something." The Summer courtier seems excited by the prospect of a lead, looking around their surroundings for similar drawings.

OOC

Page 8 of 12 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last
Closed Thread