Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
111 - 120
DISPLAYED
And Off We Go!

Page 12 of 12 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

"Well I'm not seeing anything at first glance." He replies as he looks through the dumpster for anything else he could fashion into something the elemental could use. "Otherwise we could just force it open, do whatever we want to do quick and let it look like some random act of vandalism. it isn't as if abandoned buildings don't get vandalized sometimes."

1 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-08-08 16:00:52 larry rolls 6 to Perception check (10 Again) 7, 3, 9, 3, 5, 9 2 successes

Heath & Terra

As Terra talks to the girl, the old man beings to frown, obviously not very pleased by what the Fairest is saying. "Miss, could you please stop putting more ideas in my granddaughter's head?" he asks, somewhat forcefully. "I'd appreciate if you could do that."

When Heath proposes that they come along, the homeless man turns to him, not completely convinced with the idea at first. But when the Minstrel mentions getting his granddaughter some food, he finally caves in. "Alright, we'll come along with you tow," he says to him before he glances over at Terra. "But your friend has to quit it with all that blabbering of hers." It isn't exactly a request, nor is it a suggestion, which is rather obvious by the way he looks at the Succubus.

Jane remains quiet throughout the whole exchange, giving both of the Fairest a suspicious look.

he is convinced
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-08-08 18:32:13 Homeless Man rolls 6 to Wits+Resolve+2 (because Terra is making him uncomfortable) to "resist Heath's persuasion" (10 Again) 2, 5, 6, 7, 1, 2 failure

Larry & Duncan

"Yeah, I guess you have a point," says Duncan in response to Larry's words. "Even though vandalism isn't very common in this part of town..." he lets his words trail off as he takes a quick look around. "But then again, with all the hobos around here, I'm sure it would be pinned on them...as much as that sucks." After all, the Elemental isn't keen on blaming other people like that, especially those who are less fortunate.

It takes the Wizened a couple of minutes to go through the pile of trash, not finding much of use at first. However, after setting aside a bunch of bottles, papers and half-eaten food, he finally finds a wire hanger that is slightly bent. Regardless, it looks like it is the best thing he'll be able to find there.

m
    miniatureian

-1 Glamour to Harden Mask

Heath widens his eyes a bit at Terra. He had never really seen his fellow Fairest without seeing through to her Mien before, the dark flames vanishing like a snuffed out candle. "Hrm, umm," he stuttered, losing his train of thought. Perhaps Terra was testing the girl's abilities by hardening her mask. Could her eyes pierce through the illusion? Or maybe she was suspicious of other supernatural beings about, watching them from afar. He could only guess.

The comedian glanced around, trying to put himself back on task and figuring out a direction for their search. Meeting back up with Larry and Duncan could be beneficial, if they had found anything. But both the girl and the old man were a bit uncomfortable around them alone. Adding more to their party would scare them off. He waved them on and headed down the street along the sidewalk. Seems Terra had taken the old man's advice on holding her tongue. Still, it had gotten them pretty far in coaxing information out of Jane. Just had to wait for another opportunity to present itself. "So, gramps," he says endearingly, "Must be hard on both of you to get by alone. Is she your son's or daughter's kid? Are they, err...still around?" Maybe getting the story about the family would shine some light on things, if the sad tale wasn't too personal for the grandfather to endure.

He holds up the wire hanger. "You think you can get the lock open with this?" if the elemental agrees he hands it over immediatly.

Heath & Terra

As Terra hardens her Mask, the girl watches her with even more suspicion, edging a little closer to her grandfather.

"Things are tough, but we get by," says the homeless man with a little shrug. "Jane is my daugther's kid, but her parents died in a crash when she was only two years old." The man pauses for a moment, throwing his arm around his granddaughter. "My wife and I raised her like she was our own child of course," he says, trying to sound rather casual about the whole thing, even though it is evident by the look in his eyes that the subject of his own daughter's death still brings much pain to him.

"But then Clara passed as well, about three years ago. It was breast cancer, and that just got me into a downward spiral," he says, releasing the girl from his embrace. "I started drinking a lot, and then I lost my job...which meant I couldn't make mortgage payments, and that's how we ended up in the streets." There's an obvious hint of shame in the man's voice as he confesses this.

"But I've stopped drinking, and I'm just trying to take care of my girl now," he says, giving Jane a quick smile before turning back to the Minstrel. "So...where are we going anyway?"

OOC

Larry & Duncan

Duncan looks at the wire hanger with a strange look, and then just shrugs. "Ahh, what the hell. I guess I may as well give it a try," he says to the Wizened as he reaches for the wire hanger.

The Elemental bends it around a bit, trying to get the thing into a shap that will be better for the task at hand. After fidgeting with it for a few seconds, he seems to be pleased with it, or perhaps he just gives up trying to make it better altogether.

He walks up to the door and sticks some of the wire into the keyhole, slowly turning it as it goes in. The Snowskin continues to do this for a good five minutes, almost giving up until finall he hears a clicking sound. "Got it!" he calls out to his fellow Summer, a proud grin on his face. "You ready to take a look inside?"

6 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-08-09 15:48:16 [05] Duncan rolls 2 to Dex+Larceny-3 (not using appropriate tools) to pick the lock (10 Again) 2, 9 1 success
    2012-08-09 15:48:16 [04] Duncan rolls 2 to Dex+Larceny-3 (not using appropriate tools) to pick the lock (10 Again) 2, 10, 5 1 success
    2012-08-09 15:48:16 [03] Duncan rolls 2 to Dex+Larceny-3 (not using appropriate tools) to pick the lock (10 Again) 9, 8 2 successes
    2012-08-09 15:48:16 [02] Duncan rolls 2 to Dex+Larceny-3 (not using appropriate tools) to pick the lock (10 Again) 4, 9 1 success
    2012-08-09 15:48:16 [01] Duncan rolls 2 to Dex+Larceny-3 (not using appropriate tools) to pick the lock (10 Again) 9, 3 1 success

OOC

m
    miniatureian

"Spirals are hard to shake. It says good things about your future that you've shaken it to take care of Jane."

Terra moves slightly behind Heath, as if to follow him wherever he'd lead.

The story was a heart-wrenching one, one without a drop of joy. It bothered Heath to no end. Surely these people needed his services more than anyone. What kind of merry-maker would he be if he could not cheer the downtrodden. "I am deeply sorry for your troubles, sir. Or rather I sympathize. I lost my own parents to unfortunate circumstances, and the bottle was and perhaps still is my refuge. But Janey here, why it sounds like as long as you've got her then the will of her parents can live on and smile. We want to turn things around for everyone, turn those frowns upside down," he said as they walked.
      Cheer Up, 1sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-08-09 16:53:32 Heath rolls 6 to cheer up the old man [Manip+Persu+Sp(Motivational Speech)+SL] (10 Again) 1, 5, 4, 7, 9, 7 1 success
    Heath had no idea where they were going and didn't know this part of town too well. All he knew was that the street they were on had a sidewalk and that they could walk on it either one way or the other, probably east he guessed. It might even break into other streets and sidewalks, oh the possibilities were endless.

But the old man's question deserved an answer. "For now I'm just taking a look around. You've only been here a few weeks, right? Any places of local interest? Where do you usually like to take Jane?" he asks hopefully.

"Good work." Larry responded as he looked inside the shop letting his eyes take in the interior for a few seconds. "yes I am. Lets get this over with before somebody stumbles on us here will we?" He said in a joking tone as he stepped inside.

Heath and Terra continue here. Larry and Duncan go here.

Page 12 of 12 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12
Closed Thread