Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
The Inquisition - Let's Begin.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    F
    FreshCK

"As for the Prince, no i don't think it made a difference. As far as I can tell he has a distinct lack of faith and doesn't see the Sanctified as a group strong enough to be worth playing to. Don't get me wrong, I admire him as a leader; He manages to walk that fine line between strong prince and despot pretty well. I probably would have been even harsher on Staley than he was, but that's about it."

Black leans back a bit in his chair before continuing.

"I know I heard some good things about my sermon after mass, which leads me to believe I made a good impression. Seeing as how most people don't seem too impressed by us yet I don't think it was pure flattery. I think it earned me at least a little respect, which is good since before Mass my reputation was based solely on being the leader of a Covenant of two and something of a joke. I intend to stamp out any last vestige of that kind of thinking, though."

"Sadly, I'd suspect your missing the meeting you mentioned earlier won't help dispel that impression," the Mother Superior says, with just a hint of acid in her voice along with the chill.

"Bishop Black, what do you think is most needed right now for the Lancea et Sanctum to gain a strong and positive reputation in this Domain, and what do you see yourself being able to do to provide that?"

F
    FreshCK

"I'd have to agree about the meeting. I definitely did myself no favors that night, but what could be done?" Black growls slightly under his breath at the injustice; to be receive God's blessing and yet be punished for it.

"Well, we can either be loved or feared. I'd personally rather be loved, but a wise man once said it's easier to be feared, and I can live with that too. In any event we need another good, public showing of our unity and power. For one thing I'm considering a live sacrament for communion at the next Mass. It's a powerful image; a chained mortal or two for no other purpose but to feed from. It shows how far we're willing to go for our faith. Puts it center stage. 'We will kidnap and kill for our beliefs, what about you?'. Beyond that, I'm definitely going to arrange a Grand Ball this year. Circumstances being what they are, I may even move it up from November though I'd rather not break from tradition. Mariel and the rest can even dress to their hearts content, then. In fact, I may leave some of the planning for that night in her hands. I think the party Mariel would orchestrate would be very memorable. Not to mention that she'll probably appreciate the responsibility. We can't just appear to be unified, we must be unified or else it means nothing."

"I would agree that some show of unity would be good," the Mother Superior says, "But unity generally arises from leadership. How do you rate your leadership abilities, Bishop Black? As a leader, do you have any particular strengths or weaknesses?"

F
    FreshCK

"My leadership abilities? They basically fall into two categories; the skills I learned from the Church and the skills I learned from the Hellions. The Church taught me to lead through trust, delegation, and building a sense of community. The Hellions taught me to give orders and curb stomp anyone stupid enough to disobey them." Black gives a quiet laugh before going on.

"I think I'll need everything I know to get this Covenant into shape. I'd say I'm possibly too lenient with the people I lead. I know how easy it is to make the wrong choice because it looks like the right one so I'll admit I'm prone to giving people more chances than they might deserve. On the other hand, when I do come down on somebody, it's like a ton of bricks. I don't often have to teach someone the same lesson twice. In the long run, though, I'd say that's not a bad strategy. Those beneath me in the Covenant know they have a good bit of latitude and freedom, but they know if they abuse that freedom there are severe consequences."

"It will be interesting to see that leadership philosophy in action," she says. "I have only one question, Bishop Black. When will you next be conducting open mass?"

F
    FreshCK

"I've given it some thought. After this month I'll start having Mass more regularly, on the second Sunday of each month, barring any special events of course. This time, I think September 22nd, the feast of the Martyrs of the Theban Legion seems a good place to start. In fact..." He pauses to give a considering look to the Mother Superior before going on, "Do either Inquisitor Fenix or Smith have any skill with Theban Sorcery. I think this domain could use a reminder of The Lord's strength and our own. I'll certainly employ my skill, but my skill in that regard is limited."

"I do not know how experienced they are with the Holy Mysteries," the Mother Superior replies. "Feel free to ask them, however. When the time comes, talk to me as well. I don't approve of theatrics for the sake of theatrics, but I would agree that this Domain could perhaps use a reminder of the power God grants those Kindred who dedicate themselves to following the path he's set for them."

The Mother Superior rises. "I have no further questions this night, Bishop Black. I thank you for your time."

F
    FreshCK

"I hope my answers satisfied, Mother Superior." Father Black says as he rises and goes to open the door for her, "And if there is any other way I can help you, don't hesitate to ask, please."

"Oh, I won't, Bishop Black," she says, unsmiling.

End Scene

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.