Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Only a vampire with the kind of resources Kindred could push around in their long, unnatural existences would leave an eight-cylinder 1968 Chevrolet running any longer than he has too. Especially with gas prices the way they are. Dillon Connery's El Camino grumbles a throaty purr near a side entrance of the Avalon, awaiting His Majesty's Seneschal, Ariana Donovan.

They had agreed on Jiu-Jitsu lessons a while back, which stemmed from Dillon's half-nervous babbling at a Journey Concert they attended months ago. It's easy to let the smile sit on his face, thinking about how far they had come since then. All of them. The whole Domain... who had joined, and who had gone. The sheer rapidity of how things could change amazed him. He always thought it only seemed that way because he tended to view Domains more or less from the outside. The Gangrel errand boy, or attack dog that Chicago kept on the road for weeks at a time. Every time he returned to Elysium there, positions had changed. Old Kindred were ash. New were on the rise.

But no, it's just as exciting from within.

Standing there, outside the vehicle and leaned against the rear fender on the passenger's side, the Deputy quietly sings along to the music emanating from the speakers through the open window. It's just loud enough to be heard and enjoyed from the close vicinity to the vehicle. Wearing a simple combination of black--T-shirt, simple polyester running pants, and leather tabi-- he obviously isn't prepared for clubbing. He's probably drawing a few stares, too. But Dillon is in good spirits. Even more so because he knows Martha is safe, and busy enough that he doesn't have to worry about her. They really should try to do something together soon, the three of them. They are all friends, but friends who didn't share Clans or Covenants. It made things like this hard to schedule.

But Dillon had promised this particular evening to Ariana long ago; it's high time he deliver.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana had cleared her schedule for the evening. Generally it was back to back everything for the Lordess. Being the Seneschal and an editor, everything was timed with precision. Although many would not know, even socializing functions were factored in; events that she attended, or simply going out to a club. Perhaps it was the trait of her Ventrue blood with the need for order that seeped into all she did.

Yet endless nights were pointless when time was not made to share with those who were friends. Many things had changed along the way. There was something timeless about Dillon. After he told her in an interesting way about when he was born, there was a comfort in that respect. Despite his Gangrel blood, he remained chivalrous and charming. Certainly not a stereotype in her eyes. Ariana hoped the place he picked was secluded enough to speak freely. There had been a couple things that needed discussion, hopefully tonight would be a good night to do so.

For a moment, her Gangrel friend looked like a poster for a classic car commercial despite his work out attire. She noticed his shoes and glanced at her own sneakers while she walked. Thankfully she brought another pair she wore at home in the bag she carried, which held her purse and a few other things. She was wearing a black running shirt with a little design on it, and a pair of skirt shorts that she normally ran in. Despite being her work out attire, they still had a classy flare to them. Her hair was in a pony tail, and the only jewelry she wore was a simple ring on her right finger.

She heard the deep tone of Dillon's voice as she approached. It reminded her of when they were at the Journey concert. “Credence Clearwater Revival.” Ariana said as she walked toward Dillon’s vehicle. She had seen other colors of that particular model here and there, but oddly enough, Dillon's had a brilliant look to it. “It has been quite some time since I have heard the band.” There was a warm smile on her face as she thought of her mother. “Good evening Mr. Connery. How are you this evening?” Her bright smile shined through while she spoke.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

The Beast stirs as Ariana gets close, but just faintly. It sensed the challenge, perhaps, but it also sensed the familiarity. More than that, it sensed Dillon's mood. The very farthest thing from the Gangrel Priscus' mind right now is being harmful toward her. Cerberus knows it has no chance against Dillon's resolve in this instance, and barely even grumbles.

Dillon's other beast-- the car-- is growling impressively, though.

Smile brightening to reflect the one given, Dillon stands up straight and offers a nod. It is almost a bow, but not quite. Along with the slow blink, it's about as much as he can get away with in public. He still answers with a little cheek, though. "Getting better by the second, ma'am. I hope you are well."

He politely tries not to stare as he notes the Lordess' attire, momentarily thankful that the skirt had legs to it. However short. Dillon half expected her to wear an actual skirt just to tease him. He knows she has a mischievous streak, he's just not sure how deep it runs. Turning to the vehicle, the Gangrel swings open the passenger door and holds it. "I've always loved Credence."

One shoulder shrugs. "It's Southern without being 'Country'... there's a funky charm or... swagger to it, or something, I dunno." There's a bit of a scoff and a chuckle at the end of the sentence, as though Dillon isn't sure his adjectives hit the mark. "Which is funny... you know John Fogerty is actually from Berkley?" He points with a thumb in a southwesterly direction; like the nearby city can be seen from here.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana’s beast rose up as she got closer, but it was cooled off by her grin growing wider. It was not as volatile as it was with an unknown, but more of a reminder of their vampiric state. Familiarity with Dillon was prevalent even to the monster inside.

“Better by the second?” The Lordess inquired partially rhetorical, and still curious. “I am well indeed, particularly this evening.” Her tone suggested she was looking forward to his company that night.

“Thank you.” Ariana sincerely spoke with a smile as she slipped her bag in the vehicle and then herself. Her blue eyes turned to look at him and quickly looked up where he stood. “Southern without being country, charm and swagger.” The Lordess repeated Dillon’s words. “I can think of other applications for that description.” Ariana chuckled softly and waved her hand away.

“Mr. Fogerty is from California? That is not the first time I have heard about regions being different from their genre of artistic forms.” The Lordess realized she was being a little more technical in her deciphering but it was her vocation that made it so.

Her eyes glanced around the interior of the El Camino a moment and she spoke. "You mentioned we were going to do this outdoors. Where will we be going this evening? Or is it a surprise?" Ariana laughed a little as she asked the Gangrel for some insight.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon grins slightly as Ariana turns his descriptors back on him. Livened with the Blush as he had been while standing there, he actually blushes. Latching on to the Californian Fogerty to cover his slight shyness at the compliments, Dillon leans down to roll the window up. Being undead, they didn't particularly need the air for comfort, and it would be much easier to talk without it. He'd just had it down in order to better hear the music while he stood there. "Sure is. I believe he was inspired or captivated by the Louisiana and Mississippi area, writing songs like this one. Born on the Bayou also springs to mind... and of course, Proud Mary is about a Riverboat. But it's pretty neat that he could capture the feel, and paint such vivid pictures with the music given that he never really spent time there."

Pausing to shut the door after making a last check to assure Ariana is clear, Dillon moseys around the front of the machine and continues the conversation when he slips in the other side. He turns the speakers down, low enough that the music could be heard in the background, but not interfere with their talking. "Of course, neither did I, while I was alive. I grew up farther East. But my little mother was a classy French Creole gal." There's a noticeable warmth to his voice as he imparts that.

"As for where we're going," Dillon buckles his seat belt. "It's not really a big surprise. I've found a few nice spots way out by the Valencia river-boundary during patrols that are secluded, but still well within the Domain's borders. We shouldn't be bothered, but if by random chance we are, we'll have our respective authorities standing behind us." By that of course he means that an errant Kindred would be in a very, very bad situation if they tried to accost the Seneschal and Deputy. This Gangrel has no qualms with the concept of defending Ariana using extreme brutality, and he's pretty darn certain that his boss would agree with him.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana saw the flushness of Dillon’s cheeks as she could not help but repeat his description. The Lordess was pleased he liked it, even if he said nothing in regards to it. “I must confess, I have never been to the south. New York and California are the only two states I have been. If the music portrays the feeling of that area, then it must be rich in culture.” The Gangrel solved one riddle of where he got some of his mannerisms from as he fondly described his mother. She smiled herself as she thought of her parents.

If it were not for California Laws, Ariana probably would not wear her seatbelt. It was slightly pointless to her being in the state in which they were in, but she too followed suit. “That should work marvelously. I did think we were going in the country, however that sounds quite wonderful. I did bring some other pants if you think it is necessary.” She mentioned waving her hand quickly.

As the vehicle set into motion, Ariana sighed for a moment before she began to speak. “Before we get to our destination, I think we need to discuss something.” The Lordess turned her head to look at Dillon. “It is about Mr. Coben.” She stated and watched his body language. Gently raising her hand, she softly spoke. “If you would rather not discuss it, it is perfectly fine. However, perhaps we should discuss this first before we carry on with our evening.” Ariana pursed her lips a little and her face slightly apologetic. She also wanted to discuss it first, rather than possibly ruining the night later. Yet, if Dillon did not want to speak of it, she would let it go.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

"It would probably be easier for me to list the states I haven't been too." Dillon's tone is one of dry, playful sarcasm rather than boasting. "But yes, rich in culture is the perfect descriptor." He seems as though he's on the step of launching into a tale, but doesn't. His thoughts aren't fully organized enough on the subject to keep himself from babbling. Maybe if they pursued it again later, after he has some time to think about it.

On the subject of pants, though, the Gangrel catches himself just before saying That depends on whether or not you mind getting your knees dirty, thankfully realizing at the last second just how naughty it might sound. He settles safely on a diplomatic shrug. "I'll leave that up to you. I just tend to wear pants all of the time by default. I'm not much of a shorts kind of person, myself." Call it a time period thing. For most of Dillon's existence, short pants were for young boys. He hadn't started wearing them regularly until it became the accepted form of underwear...

At the mention of the Ventrue Dillon had ashed, the only real physical reaction is a curious raise of an eyebrow. It's not that the situation doesn't still bother him-- it does. But there had been little he could do since then beyond moving forward. The mystery of whether or not he made the decision to disobey directives in order to preserve the First, or whether he was so completely and instantly brainwashed by a Lord that he only thought he did is truly frustrating, but he hadn't really had much time to dwell on it. All he knows to do about it is to persevere.

And he is not in the habit of avoiding topics in conversation that need to be discussed. Dillon has always made an effort to be as open as he can, because insecure avoidance and paranoia are more often than not a complete waste of time. He made that mistake with Sidor, but then, he had been a new Kindred in a new Domain. They worked through it.

"Yes ma'am." He takes care not to allow the words to come out as sharply dutiful as they might have. The Deputy is showing respect for the Seneschal, but she is still a trusted friend. Glancing away from his driving to briefly make eye contact and show that trust, Dillon offers a very humble smile of understanding. "What is it that we need to discuss?"

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

A
    Ariana Donovan

“I believe being well traveled is quite amazing. Given our state, some do accomplish this to find the world’s rich cultures. Yet some are quite content to keep their footing in one location. If it makes someone happy, then surly no one should judge.” Ariana smiled with a quick nod.

Dillon’s mention that he never wore shorts was quite intriguing and accurate. She had never seen the Gangrel in anything but slacks. “I do not think I own many slacks myself. However, I also do not think it is that noticeable that I have a particular look.” Ariana stated with a soft chuckle and a quick wave of her hand.

The subject had changed and Ariana tapped her lips for a moment debating whether or not to continue. Her hand recoiled to her lap again as she watched his body language. When he agreed to continue, so did she. The Lordess had thought back to that evening many times and its impact on those who were involved. She may not have a perfect memory, but there were some things that could not be forgotten.

“Given all that happened that evening with Mr. Coben, I know you were very adamant with certain events that unfolded. I realize that he was a member of my clan.” Despite the fact that she was unaware that Neil even existed in the Domain, she was the Priscus and she felt that it was still her responsibility. “I only want to know if you are settled with the situation after that evening.”

Even though he was driving, if he was to look at Ariana’s face he could tell that the answer was important to her. “And if you are still able to trust me, Dil... .” She abruptly stopped before saying his name. The Lordess realized she was indeed alone with him driving to an isolated location and that it may have been a sign. However, she only hoped it was not because she was the Seneschal.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

There is a slightly pensive frown on Dillon's face for a moment, and when he begins, the statement almost doesn't sound like he's answering so much as talking to himself. "It still makes sense, in my mind. Two floors of a nearby building just exploded. Cops are on the scene. Kine civilians soon will be. Perhaps walking around the corner from every direction, any second. The Kindred before me is determined to make trouble, desiring an end to his Requiem and perhaps willing to Breach the Masquerade to do it.

"The First Tradition must be preserved. It is the First, and at the top of both the Reeve and His Majesty's list of priorities for a reason."
    He shakes his head. "I did the only thing I could... didn't I?"

The question is rhetorical. He already had the seed of doubt planted by others. "Yet Coben did say 'Ash me now', as an order. So who knows? I'm not exactly sure how to go about learning the truth."

As a response to her almost using his first name, Dillon completes the sentiment. Again, he glances away from the road briefly, to meet her gaze. "I trust you, Ariana. If I were wary of all Lords because of the way one may have slighted me, then we would have never become friends in the first place. But you've earned better than that. And you deserve better than that.

"I'll tell you the story, sometime. But it isn't a pleasant one."

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana really did not want to plague Dillon’s mind with what he dealt with once again. Yet, she was glad they were discussing the subject. “Yes, you did do the only thing you could do. However, my family has very powerful members in them at times. Some are not like myself.” Her tone was clear that it was no one present in the Domain she was referring to. Ariana’s mind drifted to her sire for a moment and then back to the present company.

“We may never know.” She softly stated. “Preserving the First Tradition was all that could be done at that place and time.” The Lordess said as she agreed with his decision. “Still, if you were put in that position again, would you have done the same knowing its consequences?” The question was a mainly rhetorical in its nature. Her face turned to his direction and there was a sad sort of pride to her expression. “I have a feeling you would risk yourself to preserve our masquerade.” She paused for a moment. “Am I wrong?” As she looked at him, she could think of one other that would do the same. Perhaps even more, there may even be some that would surprise her if the situation was bleak. So valiant are some of the men of our Society, if only some would take after them.

Ariana’s head turned a little and her hair from the ponytail dipped over her shoulder. Her eyes wondering further to his admission of trust. “Earned may be true, however I am unsure what you are referring to regarding deserve.” There was question in her voice, it was clear she had no idea what he may have meant.

Her eyebrows softly raised, gently asking him to continue. “Would it be possible to discuss it presently if you do not mind. I would rather not wait with baited breath and wonder till another time.”

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread