Presence : **
    Pandemonium's mark:Violet eyes
    Lisp: mild.
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.
    Tim 'Half soul' Wakefield

Ithaeur Iron master Striking looks 2 (eyes) Presence 3

Ahriman nods and Settles down. He begins to speak in high-speech concentrating on his imago. He imagines a bubble descending over the area around the arrows, flowing over the walls, a spell of protection.

There is a flicker of magic as his spell takes and the ward weaves its way into existence. When he is done he nods to Josh and settles back, waiting for the Moros to continue.
    Ahriman-Mastigos Adamantine Arrow -
    Defense -5 Speed-10
    DAS:WP 5/6 Mana 0/7
    Active spells: Mental Shield , Misdirection, Spatial awareness and sense consciousness.
    Lisp: mild. only lisps on s's. Is hard to understand

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

This is a ghost, but his appearance is rather strong.
    Closer inspection would reveal several bruises and a closed wound on the back of his head.

Corpus: 8 - WP: 7 - Max Essence: 10

PRE

With a broad smile Mike sees how all the Arrows come inside the Circle of Creation. Did he just say Councilor? Joshua is now also the Magister, of course! The only thing that irritates him is the "how safe is this place?", or actually how it is asked. All the Arrows gather, of course the place is safe. The first word such as Councilor has been spoken, of course there are now sleepers. But, it doesn't seem to bother anyone else.

So Mike winks to Ahriman as he sees him, automatically nods respectfully to both Animus and West. Then the new Magister speaks and Mike listens with full attention. There is a short distraction by the protective spell, but then all the attention is turned back to Joshue since he said there is a lot to discuss.
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow ●, SL ●● (Trained Body), Presence ●●● (Feminine Elegance), Consilium Status ●●
    Played by Dark Passenger

A
    AethrDav

Aegis deferred to the Councilor as he stepped up to address the gathered crowd. He waved to those he knew: Alfar, Vaeltia, Ahriman. West and Animus, the senior members of the Order in Sacramento, received a respectful bow of the head in deference. Josh spoke clearly, and Aegis paid attention, glad to hear that some explanation of the what may be forth coming, and even a wherefore on their purposes here and in general.

The tingle of willwork crawled up Aegis spine as Ahriman set a ward, and Aegis just barely managed to control the urge to cast Eyes of the Magus, and watch as the ward was woven. He supposed there might be time for that later, once Magister Morris was done speaking. Ward set, Aegis refocused on Joshua, awaiting the coming discussion.

PRE

The Magister uses the scant seconds of Ahirman's spell to try and gather his words and compose himself. Once the ward settles, he nods to the Mastigos and softly thanks him.

"As I said, we lost a lot. We have a firing range on site but no arms to practice with. They tore up some of the machines in the gym downstairs; I fixed what I could but some of it was beyond fixing. They even smashed up one of the showers in the locker rooms. Of course there were no relics, artifacts, or enchanted items left behind. So that's the bad news, but the good news is we now have a lot of potential we can build upon. For example, we have some rather large spaces available, and I think we may look into converting one of them into an urban combat simulator. We'll be able to use that to train on group tactics, how to fight in enclosed spaces, even parkour if anyone's interested. We can also rework the range to include things like archery or thrown knives, if any of you are proficient in those--or wish to be."

He clears his throat, waits a moment for ideas to germinate and take hold.

"With so many Moros on staff,"
    Joshua continues, gesturing to Tamwood, Salem, and Aegis, "We should be capable of some great things when it comes to repurposing the building. And all of you can wield a hammer or drill. So. If any of you have suggestions for additions or improvements to the Circle, speak up, and let's see what we can come up with. Not defenses--let's tackle that later." He spreads his hands to indicate the speech is over, and resists the urge to lick his lips or swallow.

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Striking Looks ●● (Fierce)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Mana: Full
    WP: -2
    Vae
    Adamantine Arrow, ObrimosSentinel

Status (Culture) •
    Status (Emergency Services) • [Officer Gideon]
    ST INFO

PRE

Well, I happen to be an Arrow who uses a Bow. So I would have no issue having a place to practice that isn’t the side of West’s Barn.” She said with a grin and a glance towards Animus and Ahriman. “I’m willing to help piece it back together, and i know where we can get some targets and I have a few extra bows, that I don't mind lending out.
    Speaking {0FAF0B} || Thinking {8340A8}

nimbus

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

As Ahriman wove, West followed suit. He spun the spell, normally for personal protection, wider, stronger, weaving Space through it like supporting poles in a tent, and settling the Shield of Chronos over it like the tarp. As the river flows over and around the rock, so too would Time flow around them.

He'd often debated speaking with Joshua about the Circle; what it truly was, and what had happened. He never did. Some men let failure weaken them; some let it give them purpose. The Circle had given the new Magister purpose, and kept him off balance.

West smiled slightly at his Apprentices remark, and the smile stayed a moment longer as he noticed her face. He was content to remain silent.
    Nimbus

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

The last time the Arrows met Alfar didn't have much time to look around or get to know them. Purging toxins from some people didn't count. So, while the Magister speaks, he watches him carefully, glancing to other people from time to time. Overall, it was a good-looking, but not too unremarkable crowd. Africa was a place for treasure hunters among mages and the Arrows always had a handful of work on their hands, so there were some really weird Awakened attracted to the job. Weird and, generally, powerful. It took him forever to make a name and an impression there...

When Vaeltia chimes in with her suggestion about the range, he adds:

"Make that two mages using a bow. I'm also reasonably proficient with it and can help with acquiring things for it."

He pauses for a second musing over something before continuing:

"A lot depends on our funding, actually. We have a lot of Moros here and one very experienced Shaman." - he smiles at Animus at this point. - "There is a whole lot of combat training exercises you can design if you throw together modified wildlife, bribing a spirit or two, a couple of ghosts and, basically, any material object you can imagine. But the upkeep will require money. On a different note, I suggest that we fortify a room for magical duel practice. Sound-proof it and have a Shaman on the spot in case things get too rough. In my experience Arrows can often learn from each other much more than from any training course. This doesn't replace it, of course, but we could start on it right away as that would take little time to prepare. I susprect some of us don't devote much time to occult pursuits and don't know much about the other Paths' tricks. That would help."

He looks around at all the faces after he's done speaking, noting how young most of them were.

Now, how long before someone suggests a magical Danger Room?

A
    AethrDav

"I have recently been inducted by the Powersmiths, and put all my skills at your disposal. I guess this would be a good opportunity to improve my grasp of Matter, too." Aegis punctuated the statement with a convivial grin and a conciliatory gesture.

"I would love to do as much as I can to help with this project. My experience as an engineer is at anyone's disposal, to draft up a project, or just to discuss the building and what might be doable." He may not have his official licensure yet, he didn't think they'd be doing many things a city planning inspector would be privy to.

Ahriman-Mastigos
    Adamantine Arrow *
    Presence : **
    Pandemonium's mark:Violet eyes
    Lisp: mild.
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.
    Tim 'Half soul' Wakefield

Ithaeur Iron master Striking looks 2 (eyes) Presence 3

Ahriman ponders lightly what he would do to just improve it. It had been fine as is but since he hadn't been back since he got his ass handed to him back then.

He leans against the nearest object and waits, nodding when others speak.
    Ahriman-Mastigos Adamantine Arrow -
    Defense -5 Speed-10
    DAS:WP 5/6 Mana 0/7
    Active spells: Mental Shield , Misdirection, Spatial awareness and sense consciousness.
    Lisp: mild. only lisps on s's. Is hard to understand

Salem
    Hanna Harper
    Salem

HT/WT: 6'1"/155
    Hair/Eye Color: Brown/Green
    Hanna Harper

HT/WT: 5'10"/140lbs
    Hair/Eye Color: Red/Green

Salem frowns when his question is only answered with will working and a 'security later' comment. They were Arrows dammit. Security was half the job. His expression goes into neutral as he speaks again,

"A range is a good idea. I'll help with getting that restocked. Spirit and ghostly guardians would help. I'll volunteer my familiar if that would help us get this started. He's got a knack for finding other spirits. As long as I keep him fed, I'm sure he'll be more than happy to stretch his proverbial legs and walk around here every now and then."

He paused then added with a hint of interest, "Perhaps we should include an alchemical lab. I know we're not Mysterium or anything like that. But having combat applicable alchemical substances on hand might prove useful. Granted, I know very little about the subject, so this is purely speculation."

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread