Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice nods again, still liking Chase a lot, maybe even more than before. 'Good, I appreciate your honesty Mr. Ankers.' She falls into silence for a short period. The words of appreciation are meant to ease Chase a little. She understands him, he is young, and fighting is not something you learn automatically while growing up. Becoming a vampire was a good for reason for Alice, still she didn't fight a lot, relatively seeing her age.

'I could surely give you some more time, to train as you wish. But I can't promise you anything.' That is for sure. Alice doesn't even know if the Reeve agrees with this. 'Might bigger problems arise, I will continue my search. Of course, now I'm not a Deputy anymore there are less reasons to face the heat of the battle.'

The nice smile returns to her face when the subject changes. 'I believe the biggest threats are taken care of lately. But predators can never relax entirely. Forever cautious, that's how I describe the casual nightlife. When exceptional dangers arise, I'm sure you'll know of it.' Either by an official announcement of from Alice herself. She winks then, to short the distance of their age. All in an eternal struggle between formality and informality.
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

"Yes, there should be less reasons to fight as now you have earned a place to which others may fight for you. And you've proven yourself capable as a Deputy already." Yet I am no such kindred.

The shame of frailty cut deep into his ego. It was no different from his mortal life either. Sheltered in his classrooms and privileged lifestyle he was no stranger to inadequacies when he attempted to enjoy his true love of nature. He had suffered injuries that only increased the attention of watchful eyes in his upbringing. Maybe that's what he wanted, the attention, though more so of his distant parents. Yet again his thoughts fall back to this.

"I must thank you, gracious Harpy, for placing enough trust in me to even make such an offer. Please do continue your search as there are likely many candidates more capable, but I shall take your counsel. There will likely be a great need to protect myself and that which I hold dear as I continue in my Requiem."

Even with all eternity stretched before me it feels like there is never enough time, he thought mournfully as he considered the invisible threats against his survival.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'You have given me no reason not to trust you, Mr. Ankers. And all the other things you do, you do pretty well.' Alice winks with a slightly playful smile. Although she had hoped for something else, she is still pretty satisfied with the situation.

'I wish you the best. That you may come far.' No matter how she tries to short the distance earlier, this is spoken as a Harpy against a relatively young man. 'Also know, if there is anything I can help you with... well, I can always consider.' She chuckles and then looks at him with a questioning expression to ask if there is something else to talk about. Now, in her office hours as Harpy.

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

Chase smiles though still weighed heavy in his thoughts from her words. This time they met as members of a community rather than partners in investigation or partners of another fashion. He wondered how many years she had scene in her Requiem to get where she was.

Many of his questions had been answered by his sire and her sire before he had come to Sacramento. How did one cope with their condition? What was necessary to survive? Yet for a flicker of mental anguish he considered the vast amount of time stretched before him. If he did maintain his existence against the threat of mortal awareness, against rival factions, how would the time affect him? His sire's suggestion was to keep himself busy, always look ahead to the next evolution. That's what he was doing. But something didn't seem right with it at the moment.

"I don't suppose you know a good fencing instructor?" said Chase with a chuckle. Training always went faster with a mentor.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Harpy laughs shortly, and she thinks about everyone she had seen fighting since her time in Sacramento. She didn't see a lot of swords...

'Not many Kindred wield a sword, as far as I know. Her Grace, the Archon knows the weapon quite well, but that says nothing about fencing of course.' And she is pretty much an unreachable Elder, or at least the last option when you look for a fighting partner. 'You could better ask Reeve Greyson, since the man is a Meister in all Arts of Combat. He is also most likely to know whether others in the Domain possess any fencing skills.'

The Harpy lacks knowledge, crap. The thought is a joke, and Alice keeps on smiling.

Played by Dark Passenger

Chase looked grim at the mention of the Reeve. He didn't seem all that friendly during Court and wondered if the Regent would mind a visit from him. Still, a master of martial combat was a invaluable resource.

"I will have to call on Reeve Greyson then for his recommendation. Perhaps I shall also post a request on the bulletin board as well Mr. Greyson proves too busy. Is the Reeve in at the moment?"

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice thinks, Alice shakes her head. 'I actually don't know, sorry. I haven't seen him, but I've been in my office for a while. Knocking on his door wouldn't do any harm.' She shrugs while chuckling lightly.

'And you know you have to ask permission before you may post on the official bulletin, right?'

Played by Dark Passenger

He knew the question to be rhetorical and was glad for the extra information. "Thank you once again, Harpy Brown. Please call on me again soon, should you have any need, pressing or otherwise." He stood, smiling and holding out his hand for hers so that he might bend and kiss it atop the skin. "In the meantime I shall keep myself occupied."

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice stands as well and extends one hand. 'Of course Mr. Ankers. It was a pleasure to speak with you again.' She nods as a sign of goodbye. 'Good luck, and be careful.' The wink makes clear she doesn't speak about any particular threat, but just about Chase in general.

Played by Dark Passenger

"The pleasure is all mine," he replies, to use the common phrase. Chase bows slightly from the waist and retreats several steps before regaining his posture. He exits with more than he came, in purpose and resolve.
    Chase exits scene

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread