Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Fingers tap tap tap on her new desk. Well, for Alice the bureau is new. Relaxed as she is, she has her legs crossed while waiting on Chase ( Vassagon ). The charming Lord. The good looking Lord.

Two key qualities one must posses... yet one other remains.

She has questions for him. Fortunately, she will be able to ask them with a smile. With a short call she alerted him.

Her hair is loose
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

Chase was prompt in his arrival, though he was still in the dark about the nature of the matter he was being call for. Some questions, she had said. Relating to the Faux-Vamp case perhaps? Or was it an elaborate excuse to continue their intimate rendezvous from the other night. He was not certain if she expected more from himself since that night or if it were a one-time thing. In all likelihood, however, Miss Brown could only have achieved her current position if she put work matters first and foremost. He had better not suggest otherwise.

He knocked on the office door of the Harpy Succubi, having returned to the attire of which he was accustomed. "Madam Harpy, it's Chase Ankers," he announced, awaiting her permission to enter.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

After a moment the Harpy herself appears at the door to open it. She nods friendly, 'Mr. Ankers, how wonderful to see you again.' Then she turns back to her office and takes place behind the large wooden bureau. Alice makes a simple gesture towards the seat in front of her.

'I hope your nights having been faring well since we last spoke?' Well, spoke... 'Like I said when I talked to you on the phone, I plan to discuss several things related to the Domain, you and us. So I presume you're not in a hurry?' With a wink she leans back in her chair. A short word as 'us' could mean so much.

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

Chase enters after her, smiling casually, instantly relieved by Alice's friendly mannerisms. "Nice to see you as well, Harpy Brown," trying out the title again as if trying to make sure it stuck in his mind. He looks about her new office until his eyes fall on the chair to which he obediently sits.

"My nights have been well enough, always things to keep me busy. I was thankful for the longer nights of winter but it seems the earth heads steadily to the warmer seasons and longer daylight. Perhaps I should be happy for the extra rest," he says, though he wasn't. At the mention of us. He assumed she meant the Invictus and its role in the Domain. He hoped she didn't mean to try and convince him to leave the Ordo Dracul, but that never seemed an issue with Alice before. No, perhaps a favor? Or even better, a reward?

"Not at all, I can spare you as much time as you like. Please, let me know what's on your mind."

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

The only advantage of the warmer seasons was that everyone seemed to be happier. One with a job that involves human interaction, say running a club, could easily be influenced by all that happiness. Joy brings joy.

'Soon you will know, sir, possibly.' Her eyes seem to study Chase's appearance. 'First a question. Do you deem yourself capable of fighting? Or can you at least make the impression to be strong and confident?'

Played by Dark Passenger

The question took him by surprise. He racked his brain for something to fill the lingering silence that followed. "Fighting? Well I...I can't say I'm all that capable of it, no. I was a distinguished member of the Harvard Fencing Club. My focus was the foil and I'm told I did quite well, winning several competitions. Though for use in actual combat I'd say I have little. As for confidence you know I am not lacking. But if you mean 'can I be scary', I would say not. Words and negotiations are my forte, reason my greatest weapon. Since arriving in Sacramento I've little reason for browbeating."

He felt that his answer may not please the Harpy. Did she have something in mind that required hard muscle? He did miss the competitive atmosphere that fencing provided him, but with so much to do it was not at the forefront of his concerns. What was the deeper meaning here, he wondered.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice nods slowly, still smiling to hide her true intentions. How she likes being a mysterious Harpy! It could be a bit of a problem that the Lords lacked physical skills, yet no one has to know that. 'I find it surprising that you tell me you have little for combat, when you posses fencing skills. Did you ever try to replace the foil for a more solid weapon? I very close friend of mine used to quickly eliminate our foes with her sword.' Good old times... Bethany...

This was Alice's turn to be silent for a moment, she didn't plan to let her mind trail off to her sister. After a moment she ask: 'Anyway. Say a big scary guy comes running at us, the kind of scary that he recently ate some twigs just for the heck of it, and his fists are clenched so firmly that his undead hands almost become red... what do you do?'

Played by Dark Passenger

"Well I have tried several types of steel, epee, saber, rapier. All piercing weapons of finesse and skill. It was something encouraged by my parents, a refined art in self-defense. My father was known to carry around a sword cane, and its been a tradition for all the male heirs to as well. Though I've never known of any need to use it." He relates to the Harpy, his explanation made on the fly as he attempted to get her meaning. He found it strange at first to know Alice had acquaintances who used such practices, but for the kindred it made sense. All that was required to induce torpor was a steak to the heart, and a fencing sword was capable of such precise movements. Bullets were, at least according to his sire, less dangerous.

He listened to her example. "If I had a sword. I would merely place it in front of me. If he's running he would either have to stop or deflect my sword. If he doesn't stop I let him pierce himself on my blade and all that is required of me is to aim for his heart. A sword's reach is much farther than even a kindred man's. If I were without a sword however..." the thought left him embarrassed. He didn't want to expose his flaws so blatantly before someone he admired. "The best I could do is try not to be hit. I doubt I could reason with him if he's already chosen to attack and it's next to impossible to engage his mind through my clan's ability in the midst of combat." He tried to consider the situation from multiple angles but could not see many options given the information of the example.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice listens well, and thinks pretty long. She has no idea what she would do if Sidor came running at her, and she was unarmed. Probably run. I'd prefer the living coward over the dead hero, when it comes to me.

This is all about whether she really needs a guard, or just wants one. Maybe Chase should know what she's up to. Straight to the point.
    'Say I'd give you the opportunity to be my guard, would you accept it without a bad conscience?'

Played by Dark Passenger

"A bad conscience?" he repeated slowly, thinking carefully his reply. "Honestly, I believe you deserve better, oh precious Harpy," speaking humbly and lowering his gaze to the floor. He was full of pride to know she trusted him enough to ask such a task for him. Yet the responsibility was so heavy, he thought he could feel the leaded mantle hovering above himself. Should he refuse? To pass up this opportunity to be beside one of the most well-informed women in the Domain, such an thought was lubricious. But would he be able to truly protect Alice when such dangers approached her?

"I would, of course, accept this honored and trusted position. However, I feel, as I am, to be inadequate for the task. If you would allow me a month...or two months time, perhaps I could be ready for such a role. Then, if you care to test me at its end, I will do my best not to let you down." A delay, perhaps, would give him time to hone his dormant skills and acquire a weapon suited for a guard.

"May I ask, if it is at your leisure to say, is there some danger you expect to be facing in the near future?" His curiosity got the best of him. Since the bomb thread some time ago Chase was aware that there were a number of dangers that could emerge from the shadows at a moment's notice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread